Author Topic: Sochi bathrooms are fine, and they have the spycam footage to prove it  (Read 1918 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304680904579366712107461956

Russian official, in trying to claim Western reporters are blowing Sochi plumbing issues out of proportion, says they have surveillance footage of bathrooms. I don't think that'll have the intended effect comrade.

Also, I tried to post this before. Either that failed, or a mod deleted it for some reason and did not tell me. If it was disappeared let me know and I'll not put it up again.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Sochi bathrooms are fine, and they have the spycam footage to prove it
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »
Wonder how many people will complain, and what countries the complainersnwill be from...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
" Most of the critical views of the accommodations or preparations amount to "small imperfections in the Olympic facilities and tourist infrastructure," Mr. Kozak said, noting that it wasn't long ago that the entire Olympic area was an "open field."

I guess, if you compare it to an "open field", it's the cat's pajamas. I have no idea where that saying comes from.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:04:55 PM »
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304680904579366712107461956

Russian official, in trying to claim Western reporters are blowing Sochi plumbing issues out of proportion, says they have surveillance footage of bathrooms. I don't think that'll have the intended effect comrade.

Also, I tried to post this before. Either that failed, or a mod deleted it for some reason and did not tell me. If it was disappeared let me know and I'll not put it up again.

Had to be failed as the log shows no deletion.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 10:24:23 PM »

NSA must not have liked it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »
Reading the article, it sounds like a translation problem - they don't have spy cameras up, they've stuck cameras on the maids like what we've suggested they do with cops.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 07:29:44 AM »
I guess, if you compare it to an "open field", it's the cat's pajamas. I have no idea where that saying comes from.

It's not from what most people guess.  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cat's_pyjamas

Also, did you know that pygamas/pagamas were what the heathens in India wore?  How they became stylish wmen's wear I do not know, but when done in silk or satin they were a whole lot sexier than their namesake.  http://thecatsandtheberries.blogspot.com/2011/11/pajama-and-loungewear-obsession-part.html

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »
Also, did you know that pygamas/pagamas were what the heathens in India wore?  

Yes. Is it that obscure?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 09:49:56 AM »
I don't recall ever hearing "cat's pajamas" ever being said anywhere before.  I've heard "cat's meow" and maybe other cat stuff, but not pajamas. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »
I've heard "the cat's pajamas" pretty much my whole life. Of course I was watching The Three Stooges for as long as  I can remember, plus old movies, so I probably caught it there. I don't recall hearing many people, besides me, saying it IRL.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
I grew up on the upper-crust side of town.

We would say, "Tad, that's absolutely the feline's nightwear".

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »
In regards to the OP, if you have to wire the maids the same way Americans wire their cops all to "proove" the media has blown the hotel situation out of preportion, you've probably gone really wrong somewhere along the way and you should just give up and turn the other cheek.
Maybe the Russians can hope for some spectactular last minute save and parade some hapless failed terroriest around which would distract the media presence from their issues with lodgings, but other then thatm they're pretty much down *expletive deleted*'s creek without a paddle.

And I love Pajama's. I wear PJ pants religiously. I will wear them to the store sometimes and I don't care if you think it's trashy. They are colorful and comfy and soft and they make me happy. :P
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds