Author Topic: Getting married and having a kid now "alternative lifestyle" per MSM  (Read 2983 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/02/19/nbc-depicts-married-23-year-old-olympian-as-living-an-alternative-lifestyle/

He sounds like a great guy. At this point being scorned by the media governmental complex is one of the best indicators that you're doing something right.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Getting married and having a kid now "alternative lifestyle" per MSM
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:55:58 AM »
For his event, being married with a child is an alternative lifestyle.   :rofl:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:43:49 AM »
Wow, a 23 year old with a kid.  Those NBC people need to get out more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »
Wow, a 23 year old with a kid.  Those NBC people need to get out more.

"Nobody I know voted for Nixon was married and had a two year old child at 23."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
I love the line where they say he's "acting like an adult" with shock. Cause 23 y/o's are still just children...  ;/

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:52:35 PM »
Why are people getting offended over this? 'Alternative lifestyle' is a term of surpassing praise to NBC.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
Why are people getting offended over this? 'Alternative lifestyle' is a term of surpassing praise to NBC.

Why is mocking someone who's said something stupid always referred to as "being offended" or "outrage?"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:52:11 PM »
When I get these little glimpses into how deep the cultural divide REALLY IS, I get this sick feeling that a lot of people are going to die, or at best, go through some very rough times before it's all sorted out, one way or another, for better or worse.  =|

Which is why I'm a Libertarian, and the answer is "Everyone lives as they wish, and just leaves everyone else the hell alone." Polygamy, Polyandry, Polyamory, gay, straight, bi, monogamous, divorce and "serial monogamy"... not that I think all are equal, or one is good, or another bad is relevant... just that I know trying to give power to somebody (the state) to "make it better" is inevitably worse than whatever negative consequences one or another lifestyle may inherently have.

However, I feel like part of me knows this is just wishful thinking, and the human drive to not leave well enough alone is just too damn strong. One side or another is going to make a push... or perhaps more likely, keep on pushing until things reach a breaking point.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »

Well, now that you mention it....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 05:07:55 PM »

I grew up in a small religious conservative town, very big on abstinence. Lots of pregnant teens. Good number of them actually got married.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 07:30:04 AM »
My Dad's Amish neighbor moved in, complete with wife and kid, when he was about 19.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 08:42:25 AM »
My Dad's Amish neighbor moved in, complete with wife and kid, when he was about 19.

Interesting, that. I guess the Amish also have the cultural background and support to make it work--like the majority of the American population in the 19th century. 
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 09:01:26 AM »
23  was married once waiting on final divorce paperwork
had bought 2 houses been in and lost a business.
skipping college gets you a head start
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
23  was married once waiting on final divorce paperwork
had bought 2 houses been in and lost a business.
skipping college gets you a head start

Too bad many high schoolers are not familiar with the concept of "opportunity cost."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 11:38:14 AM »
Too bad many high schoolers are not familiar with the concept of "opportunity cost."

Instead of going to college at 18, I went out and learned some real world stuff which was helpful since I grew up* without a dad at home.

* I guess the jury is still out on whether I have ever actually grown up or not.   :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
You are not alone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 03:21:09 PM »
I grew up in a small religious conservative town, very big on abstinence. Lots of pregnant teens. Good number of them actually got married.
I think I did to.  There were one or two pregnancies in high school.  There were a number of marriages in the 18 or 19 year old range.  The town is a mix of rural farmer and commuters. 

From what I have heard, this is nothing new.  Some kids will make bad decisions no matter what they are taught.  I think it is worse these days in some places or cultures as the social stigma is disappearing and govt assistance removes some of the economic stigma. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge