Author Topic: blogger punked  (Read 880 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
blogger punked
« on: February 27, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: blogger punked
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »
1. Do you think that was legit?

2. What is a "the original Test Drive"?

Please answer lucidly, in complete sentences, with standard spelling and punctuation.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:33:55 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:15:49 PM »
Not legit.  Gordon's done a few of these of late, and everyone's in on the deal.
There was a "making of" video of the first one a couple of years ago that showed how it was all done.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 04:54:54 AM »
The easiest way to know if this is legit is to ask yourself if Pepsi, NASCAR, and Jeff Gordon would knowingly expose themselves to huge liability suits. All three have deep pockets and an acute awareness of public relations. The commercials are entertaining and I figure Gordon gets a kick out of making them. Looks like he drove for this one, the original was not him on the wheel.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »
1. Do you think that was legit?

2. What is a "the original Test Drive"?

Please answer lucidly, in complete sentences, with standard spelling and punctuation.

[popcorn]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 12:34:40 AM »
I want my 4:50 back.  Minutes, that is.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 01:32:37 AM »
The easiest way to know if this is legit is to ask yourself if Pepsi, NASCAR, and Jeff Gordon would knowingly expose themselves to huge liability suits. All three have deep pockets and an acute awareness of public relations. The commercials are entertaining and I figure Gordon gets a kick out of making them. Looks like he drove for this one, the original was not him on the wheel.

Careful, and I mean careful, target selection, prompt insertion onto a closed course, and the cooperation and assistance of the dude's employers.  Oh, and a few grand of 'hush' money as part of having the video actually released.

Plus, well, they might of had him sign a contract saying that they were going to do something, just not exactly what.

Would be interesting if he turned out to be carrying.  Quick way to end the whole thing.