Author Topic: The Maltese Falcon, lighter  (Read 1994 times)

freakazoid

• friend
The Maltese Falcon, lighter
« on: August 21, 2011, 01:21:39 AM »
Recently watched the Maltese Falcon and was wondering what the weird lighter he used at the very beginning in his office is, and at other times too. It is this largish box thing and to use it he pulls out some rod thing and pushes the tip into another part on top till it clicks and it lights the end on fire. And to put it out he puts the whole rod back into its holder.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Azrael256

• friend
Re: The Maltese Falcon, lighter
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:36:05 AM »
It's called a "Touch Tip" lighter.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:56:16 AM »
After doing an internet search on this Touch Tip lighter, I FROUDLFRACKEN WANT ONE OF THESE!  :O These things are amazing! I think I will get one of the Ronson pocket lighters first. Just... wow. They really new how to make things back then.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 02:19:42 AM »
I have my father's Ronson lighter.
Blog under construction