Author Topic: more stuff you just can't make up  (Read 3504 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
more stuff you just can't make up
« on: December 21, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-motgomery-county-teen-killed-justified-20111219,0,7720580.story

Honey, would you and Junior come over and beat the snot out of my boyfriend?

Even if the shooting were not justified under the law, it's one of those situations where you have a fleeting thought that not enough people were shot.

As difficult as it is to imagine, I'm thinking they were rejected when someone wrote in and suggested Jerry Springer have them on the show.

And if you are or have ever been in a similar relationship, or have relatives who are or ever have been in a similar relationship, fer gawd's sake just keep that to your self!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: more stuff you just can't make up
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
With one man on each side of him, the boyfriend pulled his gun and announced that he was armed. He hit Joshua Levin in the front of his head with the handgun to get him to back away, but it had no effect.
Holy *expletive deleted*it!

I'll be damned if I am going smack someone with a baseball bat in the head with a handgun!

A neighbor reported hearing yelling outside. He said he heard one person threatening to call the police, and a second person responding, "Go ahead." That was just before the neighbor heard a gunshot.
"Go ahead, I dare you to shoot me!"
OK.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
Reading the story, I am bewildered, but unfortunately not surprised. So many elements of wrong there.

No one in this story was in the right. Fortunately for the boyfriend, he was (from the account) most definitely justified in shooting both of them.

But, yeah, that's a particularly messed up... er... family.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
Yea, I'm still trying to understand how a carry permit helps with that gun under the seat of the truck....

It makes it look like some type of permit is required for a handgun.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
Yea, I'm still trying to understand how a carry permit helps with that gun under the seat of the truck....

It makes it look like some type of permit is required for a handgun.

Freaking Asperger's cases - always with the concrete thinking!  :facepalm:  But so your head will not asplode wondering about it - I think a LTCF is needed for all handguns in Pennsyltucky, and certainly for one concealed under the front seat because it's concealed when it's under there.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »
I think some states require a CCW/LTC for loaded handguns in the passenger compartment of a car that's accessible to it's driver etc too. Maybe PA has this on the books?

Could even be some mild pro-gun bias in the story, throwing the permit in there as a way of making the shooter look that much more like the "good guy"?

I promise not to duck.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »
Considering that the father was only 15 when his kid was born, I would have to assume that they were at the same level of mental development.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
Freaking Asperger's cases - always with the concrete thinking!  :facepalm:  But so your head will not asplode wondering about it - I think a LTCF is needed for all handguns in Pennsyltucky, and certainly for one concealed under the front seat because it's concealed when it's under there.

stay safe.
Were you referring to me or the writer?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »
Yes.

And if either of you were offended, I offer an apology.

stay safe.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 09:23:58 PM »

Pennsylvania is an open carry (no permit required) state, everywhere but Philadelphia. Permit is required to carry concealed or to transport a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 10:27:19 PM »
The boyfriend again attempted to retreat from the situation, but the Levins chased him around the truck and trapped him.

With one man on each side of him, the boyfriend pulled his gun and announced that he was armed. He hit Joshua Levin in the front of his head with the handgun to get him to back away, but it had no effect.

Zachary Levin the boyfriend with his bat, and the boyfriend fired a shot at him.

If that's really the way it went down, I'm not sure there's a problem.  It's tragic that someone was both stupid and violent, and got killed because he wouldn't stand down.

But, yeah, that's a particularly messed up... er... family.

Did you catch the ages?  Junior is 19.  Pa is 34.  Pa fathered Junior when he was 15.

On Monday, Boyertown Area School District Superintendent Dion Betts said grief counselors were available to students and staff.

Do they ever send around relief counselors?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »
Pennsylvania is an open carry (no permit required) state, everywhere but Philadelphia. Permit is required to carry concealed or to transport a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle.

Ok, I just have to ask this, "What good would an un loaded firearm do in a vehicle?"  When I traveled cross country during the last three years I had a loaded gun with me every mile of the way.  Maybe its just me but I think the second amendment was written before there were any states infringing on it.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:15 PM »
Question for you married guys: Your wife, who has been not just sleeping with but also living with another man for some period of time calls you up after she has an argument with BF, and tells you to pick her up (or beat up BF, who knows).
Would you go to help her?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 10:51:58 PM »
Reading through this, it looks like this probably would have been justified even without the stand-your-ground law.

He attempted to retreat several times and was unable to. No jury not filled with brain-dead morons or members of the deceased's family (but I repeat myself) would vote to convict.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:58:25 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
As pointed out, the kid was only ~15 years younger than the father . . . it doesn't say how old the mother was, but unless she was a teacher who had a thing about high school boys, good guess is her age was comparable to Daddy's.  (Also at 19 . . . the kid was still in high school? I finished my sophomore year in college at 19 . . . kid either started late or got left back a time or two.)

And the married woman is shacked up with a boyfriend, and hubby is on call to make sure boyfriend treats her right?

And . . . did boyfriend know he was shacked up with a married woman?

As for the shoot itself - if it went down as described, I'd say "No Bill" for the shooter and murder charges against the father and possibly the wife. (Father was committing a crime with Junior when a life was lost - doesn't that make him complicit?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 08:58:12 AM »
Add me to the "good shoot" voters.  If you try to flee and get trapped by assailants with deadly weapons, you do what you have to do.  Law says pretty much the same.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »
Good shoot and thinning of the gene pool it sounds like, 2 for 1.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!