Author Topic: let's see those Christmas cards  (Read 1675 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
let's see those Christmas cards
« on: December 21, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »
OK, what did you send, and what did you get?

I'll start - received, not sent.  In case there was any question.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: let's see those Christmas cards
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
This a joke?  Cause I would be embarrassed to send that out.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »
This a joke?  Cause I would be embarrassed to send that out.

No.

Which is why you are not a frequent guest in the crossbar hotel.

I'm just hoping they sent one to the Sheriff, who might connect the card with the fact that cameras and/or cellphones are not allowed in.

There is a program that allows inmates to buy photos using their commissary account funds.  Used to be Polaroids, but now it's digital prints.  But since there is only no-contact visiting you can't get a family portrait done.

At least she had the sense to get someone else to take the picture, instead of holding the camera out herself.  Lets them flash their sign to all the homies.  (You don't want to know why his hand is wrapped in an ace bandage - but the Sheriff might. [tinfoil])

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:44:43 PM by Harold Tuttle »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
Harold - is that another Tebow tribute or one of those "pull your fist downwards fast while saying 'Yes!'" gestures?

Just wondering, seeing all the goodies on the floor. :angel:

stay safe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
Interesting Skid because I have just seen the same picture posted on Facebook by my cousin.  Going to have to ask her where she got it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 02:32:27 PM »
Interesting Skid because I have just seen the same picture posted on Facebook by my cousin.  Going to have to ask her where she got it.

The same picture was emailed to me as a forward of a chain email yesterday.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:45 PM »

That is how she got it.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
Same here. Took me a minute to get it.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
Those Johnsons are always doing that - eating all the pies and jellies and just leaving.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »
Those Johnsons are always doing that - eating all the pies and jellies and just leaving.

It's our own fault for inviting them.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »
OK, I confess.

I was put up to it.  Someone wanted to see if anybody would fall for it, or for the fake back story.

stay safe.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »
And damned well he should have made the list. Good God that's bad.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
I've seen several variations on this old favorite . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 04:10:55 PM »
This is the actual card my Sister-in-law sent out one year of her kids:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »
This is the actual card my Sister-in-law sent out one year of her kids:

That's hilarious. My wife and I sent out one out with her in a monkey mask, me in a mad professor mask, and the dog was wearing a blue neckerchief.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »

Actually, the year should be 1965* - 2012.

* IIRC that's about when LBJs Great Society started  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
That's hilarious. My wife and I sent out one out with her in a monkey mask, me in a mad professor mask, and the dog was wearing a blue neckerchief.

So fistful, is this your Christmas card from a different year?

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.