Author Topic: I'm thinking this will not end well  (Read 1663 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I'm thinking this will not end well
« on: December 23, 2011, 01:14:37 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/aisha-khan-found-missing-_n_1165065.html?ref=crime&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D122538

Missing college student Aisha Khan has been found safe, authorities in Kansas announced Wednesday night.

The 19-year-old Khan, who vanished Friday after leaving a frantic voicemail for her sister, was "not abducted or held against her will," the Overland Park Police Department said in a statement.

There is just something about this whole incident that makes me have a really creepy feeling that this may not end well.  Yes, I am thinking there may be an honor killing in the future of this young lady.

And that bothers me because I used to think that I was not an Islamophobe.  Now I'm wondering.

Anybody else having similar thoughts trickleing up from the depths of their brain?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: I'm thinking this will not end well
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:23:15 AM »
I have been informed that I am not supposed to indulge in such thoughts because they stereotype people who indulge in honor killings.

'Nuff said.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 08:56:06 AM »
There are some local comments that mirror your thoughts.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/30051960/detail.html

jim

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »

And that bothers me because I used to think that I was not an Islamophobe.  Now I'm wondering.

Anybody else having similar thoughts trickleing up from the depths of their brain?

stay safe.

It's been known to happen.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »
Can someone put the pieces together for those of us who are just too lazy?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »

I'm too lazy to try to explain it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
A simple "no" will suffice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »

19-year old Muslim lady who attends Kansas U and may be married to some guy significantly older than she is leaves frantic message on her sister's phone about some scruffy dude wandering about near her, then is not heard from by family or friends for several days.  Her "stuff" (phone, purse, etc.) are found intact, suggesting she was not the victim of a robbery.

Several days later she returns to the community, unscathed and cops only statement is "she was not abducted".

vaskidmark wonders if there is something going on her family might believe has besmirched their honor and may take action to assuage, and if this means he is becoming an Islamophobe as opposed to merely putting two and two together and arriving at four as the answer.

Comments by locals in the local TV station's web page suggest vaskidmark may or may not be justified in thinking there is something afoot that might lead to an unhappy (by Western imperialist infidel standards) outcome.

APS is still trying to figure out how it is all Fistful's fault despite knowing full well that it is his fault.

Fistful remains confused, but since that is his natural condition nobody notices or cares.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »
On Wednesday night, Overland Park made contact with Khan by cellphone and determined that she was no longer in danger.

So am I reading this right in that she is still not anywhere where she can be found, but they talked to her on her cell phone she said she was okay or something?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge