Author Topic: trying to decide which hurts worse -  (Read 6219 times)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: trying to decide which hurts worse -
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »
Having dealt with extremely bad teeth, I feel for you. I had several abceses when they were finally pulled.

I still remember calling the dentist's office to make an appointment, and telling the receptionist that the pain was at "eat a bullet" level...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 10:57:58 PM »
I have terrible teeth. There's a few gone now, and more that should be gone. Maybe 20-24 or so are in decent shape.

The odd thing is that I've rarely experienced pain. By the time the tooth is bad enough to require attention, the nerves have died.

The most unpleasant procedure was the extraction of a molar. The tooth cracked off, leaving roots deep into my jaw. The surgeon had to crack the roots with a pliers. The noise was awful.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 11:57:33 PM »
I have terrible teeth. There's a few gone now, and more that should be gone. Maybe 20-24 or so are in decent shape.

The odd thing is that I've rarely experienced pain. By the time the tooth is bad enough to require attention, the nerves have died.

The most unpleasant procedure was the extraction of a molar. The tooth cracked off, leaving roots deep into my jaw. The surgeon had to crack the roots with a pliers. The noise was awful.

same here, if I avoid soda then I hardly ever have bad toothaches, last yr I moved into a household that has a lot of soda and paid a terribly painful price-now I avoid it ...
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »
While in the Navy I was once sent out to sea with a ½ finished root canal... that's right. the roots were drilled but not filled! SURPRISE! They got infected! That was a full 2 weeks of screaming pain with no real relief until we hit port...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
Having had both tooth problems and kidney stones....  I'll take a bullet to the brain pan, thanks....  :P

But yes.  Narcotic painkillers take it down to, "Just beat me over the head please..."
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy