Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 34532 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #425 on: November 04, 2020, 03:37:27 PM »
Michigan shows only 38,000 votes difference with 99% reporting.

A cursory glance shows three counties as deciding factor - Oakland, Washtenaw, and Wayne. Those three counties alone represent roughly 42% of the statewide Biden vote.

Oakland ... 438,147 (B) / 328,313 (T)
Washtenaw ... 157,130 (B) / 56,241 (T)
Wayne ... 519,809 (B) / 244,853 (T)

Looks like Detroit still carries the state out of sheer population density though I have a feeling there will be more than a few instances of voting shenanigans come to light in the next few days. I can't, for the life of me, fathom why the populace continues to vote D when they have multiple generations of significant, ongoing social and societal failures directly and demonstrably tied to liberal policy and governance.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: November 04, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »
In another thread, AZ called out the money spent on marketing in the campaign.  I see a lot of lawyer billable hours in the future! And the expensive Washington DC type lawyers.
No kidding.

What's the hourly on those types?  $1,500?  $3k?  More?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #427 on: November 04, 2020, 03:52:43 PM »
I can't, for the life of me, fathom why the populace continues to vote D when they have multiple generations of significant, ongoing social and societal failures directly and demonstrably tied to liberal policy and governance.

Brad

Because that is their norm. Multiple generations of failure to us is multiple generations of success to them. You are asking them to throw off the shackles of free government programs that provide shelter, food and cell phones at little to no cost and to forge into a brave new world where them get a meaningful job and provide for themselves and their families. It's scary to them, something completely foreign for many of them. They seem to have accepted that as their lot in life and are content with the way things are. It will probably never happen.

OTOH hand, what is the excuse for those dipshits in Clark County and Washoe County Nevada?

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #428 on: November 04, 2020, 04:01:30 PM »
I had been unwilling to guess on this election until now.  I just cast my vote in the OP poll, posted lo, those 18 pages ago for "Someone....Else?"

Lawyers.  Lawyers will win in 2020.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #429 on: November 04, 2020, 04:11:14 PM »
I had been unwilling to guess on this election until now.  I just cast my vote in the OP poll, posted lo, those 18 pages ago for "Someone....Else?"

Lawyers.  Lawyers will win in 2020.

Here is an interesting take on PA

https://macris.substack.com/p/why-trump-will-triumph-in-pa-litigation

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #431 on: November 04, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »
Fox just called Michigan for Biden.

If Nevada goes as predicted, that's it. But that's where it gets interesting. The whole state is showing about 75% reporting, including Clark and Washoe counties, and Biden with a mere 8000 vote lead on more than a million votes cast. It would only take a blink in the Reno or Vegas voting numbers to flip that.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #432 on: November 04, 2020, 05:04:46 PM »
 =(  Bad news.  I went to bed thinking Trump had it locked up.  Hopefully we can keep the Senate, and keep Joe from doing anything.  Resist!

But yes!  If Trump takes Nevada, by my spreadsheet he will win with 274 votes.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #433 on: November 04, 2020, 05:05:58 PM »
Collins has apparently kept her seat in Maine.

That's... mediocre news at best, but it's a step at keeping the Senate Republican. Sort of.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #434 on: November 04, 2020, 06:02:31 PM »
Collins has apparently kept her seat in Maine.

That's... mediocre news at best, but it's a step at keeping the Senate Republican. Sort of.

If nothing else keeping Mitch majority leader will piss em' off.

You want depressing?  "Senate majority leader Schumer"
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #435 on: November 04, 2020, 06:09:07 PM »
I can't wait until we have to report to one of Robert Reich's Truth and Reconciliation Commissions.  I'm looking forward to my re-education.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #436 on: November 04, 2020, 06:09:29 PM »
23,000+ votes "found" in Philly, all Biden.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #437 on: November 04, 2020, 06:39:00 PM »
I have to admit, I am fast losing hope. I was really thinking there might be a WI or MI flip, but all the "found" ballots are coming up dem. As *expletive deleted*ing usual.

A half year of Biden and 3.5 years of Harris with O'Rourke as her gun czar is gonna suck.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #438 on: November 04, 2020, 06:41:11 PM »
PA's going to the courts as well.  SCOTUS is going to have to grant or deny cert on the appeal before that one's over.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #439 on: November 04, 2020, 06:45:21 PM »
I have to admit, I am fast losing hope. I was really thinking there might be a WI or MI flip, but all the "found" ballots are coming up dem. As *expletive deleted*ing usual.

A half year of Biden and 3.5 years of Harris with O'Rourke as her gun czar is gonna suck.

Same.

How the hell do "we the people"  allow this?  Obvious fraud happening,  what is there to be done?  Does Trump file suit, and then the toss all the ballots in a pile and scrutinize them for legitimacy?  I quite honestly don't get how this just "happens".  Tee hee,  found a shitload of ballots and they're all for the guy we want to win?  Shoe on the other foot and the media would be calling for blood.  The worst part for me is that the party benefiting from this is the same one that's virulently against ANY voter ID laws.

I have no problem with Trump losing fair and square.  This *expletive deleted*it bothers me.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #440 on: November 04, 2020, 06:45:51 PM »
Some of the things I'm seeing reported out of swing states is banana republic level.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #441 on: November 04, 2020, 06:51:46 PM »
Some of the things I'm seeing reported out of swing states is banana republic level.

Well, the United States is a republic, after all. All we needed was the bananas and a suitable dictator.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
« Reply #442 on: November 04, 2020, 06:52:44 PM »
Same.

How the hell do "we the people"  allow this?  Obvious fraud happening,  what is there to be done?  Does Trump file suit, and then the toss all the ballots in a pile and scrutinize them for legitimacy?  I quite honestly don't get how this just "happens".  Tee hee,  found a shitload of ballots and they're all for the guy we want to win?  Shoe on the other foot and the media would be calling for blood.  The worst part for me is that the party benefiting from this is the same one that's virulently against ANY voter ID laws.

I have no problem with Trump losing fair and square.  This *expletive deleted*it bothers me.

Even if they recount, it won't do anything if the ballots are actually there. I have no problem believing the ballots are there.

If a court challenge results in ballots cast under suspicious conditions be thrown out, then it could definitely tilt things.

I have heard of local elections being nullified and repeated. I don't know if re- voting is any possibility.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #443 on: November 04, 2020, 07:19:15 PM »
We have claimed, for Electoral Vote purposes, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (which won't allow legal observers) the State of Georgia, and the State of North Carolina, each one of which has a BIG Trump lead. Additionally, we hereby claim the State of Michigan if, in fact, there was a large number of secretly dumped ballots as has been widely reported!

- Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I'm reading reports of counties throughout the "contested" states that had over 100% turnout of registered voters.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #444 on: November 04, 2020, 07:30:47 PM »
I'm reading reports of counties throughout the "contested" states that had over 100% turnout of registered voters.

An (as yet unconfirmed) report claims that Arizona election officials have received 100,000 more ballots than there are registered voters.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #445 on: November 04, 2020, 07:38:30 PM »
Lawsuits now in PA, GA, MI.
Trump isn't one to just roll over and play dead on this like pretty every other R has in the past.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #446 on: November 04, 2020, 07:39:29 PM »
An (as yet unconfirmed) report claims that Arizona election officials have received 100,000 more ballots than there are registered voters.

That would seem to be pretty easy to confirm if it were true.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #447 on: November 04, 2020, 08:02:25 PM »
Trump isn't one to just roll over and play dead on this like pretty every other R has in the past.
From an outsider's point of view, it appears to me that previous Republicans had a need to be liked and accepted by the Democrats, so that they would hopefully get some scraps and leftovers. Trump truly doesn't give a *expletive deleted*it what the other party thinks of him, and will fight them.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #448 on: November 04, 2020, 08:14:18 PM »

Screw it,  I'd like to see a Republican actually go the knife fight route instead of the norm of polite capitulation.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #449 on: November 04, 2020, 09:15:55 PM »
They are "curing" ballots in Georgia. Does this mean "team joe" will ensure problem republican ballots make it through as well?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/11/04/team-joe-needs-people-to-go-door-to-door-in-georgia-to-help-voters-fix-their-mail-in-ballots-so-they-count/