Author Topic: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)  (Read 54283 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Walking dead season 5 (Spoilers)
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
Just caught up last night. Wow - that was out of the blue. Just think, that poor family was getting along so well until they met Rick's group.  :laugh:

Somebody help me out - what did Beth mean by "I understand now" just before lady cop killed her? I was just figuring she meant she understood that lady cop was a sociopath, but was there something deeper that made her do that just before she could have walked away?

I'm really looking forward to the Morgan episodes. From that last couple of minutes in this episode, I'm trying to figure out if he's still a little bonkers, or if he's had some kind of epiphany. He seemed like he was really at ease and comfortable with everything.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
I took it to mean that she finally understood Dawn's approach to staying in charge. It tied back in to the scene in which Beth confronts the cop who is complaining about Carol's use of resources, asking him how much electric his DVD uses.

Dawn then orders Carol to be disconnected from the machines, and tells Beth "You just killed that woman."

It's all a series of passive-aggressive power plays for Dawn.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2014, 03:02:02 PM »
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2015, 01:22:41 AM »
"it's better now"
Awww.
Glad to see ghost Beth, I like her music.
Tyreese was getting to soft/sentimental- plus this episode I couldn't help but notice everyone else but Tyreese is kind of slim but Tyreese was looking like he had a stash of twinkies hidden away that he wasn't sharing with the group - I gotta figure a year or two after the apocalypse that folks would be skinnier  :old:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2015, 05:14:29 AM »
Too many black people.  I figured one of them was done in today.   :laugh:

Seriously, though.  *expletive deleted*ing a.  Tyreese was a bad ass when he wasn't being all mushy.   :mad:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2015, 05:23:24 AM »
Black people are the red shirts of Walking Dead.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »
What a disarming episode .... :angel: [tinfoil]

I was sorry to see Tyrese go. 
Coulda have been a little less .... mushy ....    *SIGH!*   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
I think they got so much press outta Beth dying that they thought they could do the same trick twice -
Tyreese was a fan fave.
Judith next is my prediction.
I liked the collection of armless headless zombies - hahahah - whoever did that is going to be a problem for the "group"
They're still going going to go to D.C?
It just shows how liberal the writers are, uh yeah ...D.C?
I would go to the southwest desert- -  snow would cover to many walkers in the north east in winter and you could step on a biter,  in a desert you can see them coming if on high ground - but there would be fewer the father away from a city - why not make bio diesel from them and run a generator and trucks - use the fire truck to lure them away from your base
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2015, 02:39:09 PM »
I think they got so much press outta Beth dying that they thought they could do the same trick twice -
Tyreese was a fan fave.
Judith next is my prediction.
I liked the collection of armless headless zombies - hahahah - whoever did that is going to be a problem for the "group"
They're still going going to go to D.C?
It just shows how liberal the writers are, uh yeah ...D.C?
I would go to the southwest desert- -  snow would cover to many walkers in the north east in winter and you could step on a biter,  in a desert you can see them coming if on high ground - but there would be fewer the father away from a city - why not make bio diesel from them and run a generator and trucks - use the fire truck to lure them away from your base

I think that in large part, the group is looking for some semblance of "normal" life, a society in which they can live.  Most of us can, and would, live in a world where it's just the trusted few...family and close trusted friends.  And, we'd run off to someplace like Gunsmith is talking about, where odds of running into walkers is remote. 

Now, with that said, from a writing perspective, think of all that can be done with DC.  You've got the big city angle.  You've got links to international news...what's going on in the rest of the world.  You've got politicians, who may have been walkers before the outbreak even started  :lol:.  Frankly, I'm curious to see if the group can find someone with news.  I want to know how far the bug has spread, and what the global impact has been.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2015, 05:28:21 PM »
No, I think Judith is safe.

Noah, on the other hand...

He's black.

Strike one (according to some people here, apparently  ;/).

He's apparently gotten a full-time gig on another series.

Strike two, and you're out of here!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2015, 11:57:13 PM »
What a disarming episode .... :angel: [tinfoil]

I was sorry to see Tyrese go. 
Coulda have been a little less .... mushy ....    *SIGH!*   

yeah they were really trying to tug at the heartstrings but I was all like, big deal so what, I only cry when adorable young women die-fully grown males? ;/

ooooh, disarming !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2015, 07:45:12 AM »
And here comes a mysterious stranger with a lifeline just when the group is at rock bottom.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2015, 08:28:58 AM »

Desert SW has a lot of limiting resources to sustain life.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
Lake Lanier in Georgia.  Lots of islands. Freshwater, fish and presumably decent game ashore if needed. 
Clarks Hill Lake, near Agusta.  Same thing. 
Alternatively, many of these lakes have Peninsulas with narrow roads leading in that could be blocked off.
Further north, there is Smith Island in the Chesapeake.  Fresh water is more of an issue, and there would be a resident population to deal with. 

The writers make the show interesting on purpose.  It's their job.  Surviving on an island fishing and foraging from time to time wouldn't make a good show.

Oh, and DC is in the comics, right?
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Alexandria_Safe-Zone
Alexandria, actually. There's definitely some sort of tie in with the DC theme. 
JD

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:45 AM »
I'm trying to understand how they could be within 60 miles of DC in any direction and not have water.  This region is full of creeks, rivers, streams, swamps, etc.  Hell, Fredericksburg, VA is just under 60 miles to the south and you have the Rappahannock River cutting through the area.  It would take a hell of a drought, over years, to dry that river up.  A bit further to the west has you crossing both the Rapidan and Rappahannock rivers.  They're much smaller at this point, but still a decent amount of surface water.

Oh, and the piney woods (and did I spy sandy soil?) they showed in this episode peter out much further south than 60 miles away.  That was more NC (if near I95) terrain, putting them over 100 miles away.

They're coming from Atlanta, so they're traveling Northeast.  Even if they came through the Shenandoah Valley, they would be in hill country by the time they hit within 60 miles of DC (that would be close to Linden, VA I believe).  Again, no sandy soil and no piney woods as shown in this episode.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
I was away for the weekend and came home to find that my internet and TV feed went down.

I didn't get any of Sunday's episode.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »
The whole thing is apparently filmed in a very small slice of Georgia, so no surprise about the sandy soil and pine woods.

And yes, I had the exact same thought about water, Chris. You generally can't go for more than a few miles in this area without crossing a body of water of some type.

Noah's house was supposedly in Richmond, so they'd be coming up roughly the 95 corridor. 60 miles south of DC would be down around the Falmouth area, a bit south of that, actually.

A look at google maps shows just how frigging much water they would be crossing, and how much they would be passing. Most of it wouldn't be visible from 95, but they would notice the streams they would be going over.

Oh, and what's the very best thing to do when you're dehydrated? Marching down the middle of a sun-baked highway in the full sun.  ;/

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2015, 02:09:59 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2015, 02:13:33 PM »
Factually no way they could cross that terrain without water.  But the lack of supplies was necessary to set the rock bottom tone.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2015, 12:01:31 AM »
Hmm. The previews for next week's episode don't show any other people in the compound. Rick probably made the right call with his "hide-a-gun".

Also, after stupid Lori, you'd think they'd learn to keep their eyes on the road when driving.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2015, 04:52:15 AM »
Hmm. The previews for next week's episode don't show any other people in the compound. Rick probably made the right call with his "hide-a-gun".

Also, after stupid Lori, you'd think they'd learn to keep their eyes on the road when driving.

Thought I heard kids playing in the back ground?
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2015, 07:40:12 AM »
Sooo much hate on a fishing forum over the gayzzzz showing up.  Nevermind that they were in the comic (Aaron). 
My gut says that where this will depart from the comic is there is something more to Alexandria than meets the eye. And in the comics, Alexandria eventually fell.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »
Thought I heard kids playing in the back ground?

I did too, which is why it was curious that no new faces were in the preview. Maybe just preview teaser stuff, but with their luck, somebody had a recording running. Also, with that much noise, even if walkers can't get into the compound, you'd think they'd be all over the place outside. I might be making a mountain out of a molehill though.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
Sooo much hate on a fishing forum over the gayzzzz showing up.  Nevermind that they were in the comic (Aaron).
Surprised it took this long for gays to show up, with the various networks embracing "diversity" these days; lots of incentive to get 'em in there somehow. (Hmmm - they missed an opportunity to have a story arc with the "Cannibal Gays of Terminus" last season.) And a lot of folks - me included - haven't read the comics. I'll bet a lot of viewers, even today, aren't even aware that the show is based on comic books.

I did too, which is why it was curious that no new faces were in the preview. Maybe just preview teaser stuff, but with their luck, somebody had a recording running. Also, with that much noise, even if walkers can't get into the compound, you'd think they'd be all over the place outside. I might be making a mountain out of a molehill though.
And they drive right up to the gate and - nobody is watching? No sentries?

As for the lack of walkers around the compound, the new gay guy mentioned that they'd "cleared" the area around the compound and Route 16 - though how they kept more from wandering in wasn't addressed.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »
I actually think the gayzor thing indicates safety.  They get to be all lovey dovey and be themselves.  Which makes me think that despite the best laid defenses, there is some kind of softness to the Alexandria group that will make them vulnerable.
And everytime this group has been comfortable for too long...that comes to a violent end.
JD