Author Topic: Dick Heller Denied Handgun Registration.  (Read 7848 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Dick Heller Denied Handgun Registration.
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »
What would it take to get a contempt citation from SCOTUS?.....

Not as much as it would take to enforce it.  sad

Call me a pessimist; I cannot expect an abused system to be able to correct itself.  sad

One would ignore the Supreme Court at their own peril...   They can send Marshalls at a minimum, and the weight of their judgements reach far. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »
Can the Supreme Court call out the militia? Fenty gets it from his own citizens rising up, I love it.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

alan2

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »
Being simply a "sport shooter", I have engaged in competitive rifkle, shotgun and handgun shooting who has no particular legal background outside of a couple of basic business law courses taken many many years ago I'm less than certain, howevaer mighyt it be that D.C.'s newly discovered legislative largess, allowing the law abiding to maybse register handguns, might that requirement still be violative of tjhe individual's Second Amendment Rights, especially as they so ignorantly describe what sounds like it might be a 1911 type pistol to be a "machine gun".

Seems to me that those clowns really need to be dragged over the judicial coals, this time cited for contempt of court, with suitable, spelled significant penalties imposed on those responsible for this ongoing foolishness..

macpherson

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »
One would ignore the Supreme Court at their own peril...   They can send Marshalls at a minimum, and the weight of their judgements reach far. 

I'm less convinced of that.  This is going to get knocked down in court, but it's been obvious from the start that DC has been doing as much lawyering with the SCOTUS ruling as they can.  They will make the law as restrictive as legally possible without going over the line into blatant disregard for the ruling.  It's disgusting, but they are basically toeing the line on how far they can break the law of the land without causing enough trouble to warrant a judicial smackdown.  As much as we would like it, it would take a HUGE infraction for the DC officials to be publically punished the way they should be.  As things stand right now, they are at least going through the motions of obeying the ruling, albeit with blatant disregard for its content, so the SCOTUS will almost certainly leave the smaller issues to be resolved in the lower courts.  I have no doubt that these cases will be brought (and won) to obtain relief, but it will take more years of legal wrangling and thousands more dollars to get DC to comply with the ruling in its entirety...This case should be OVER, and the fact that they are pulling this crap and getting away with it is evidence of a broken system  angry

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 08:59:46 PM »
... it will take... thousands more dollars to get DC to comply with the ruling in its entirety...

I seem to recall seeing that since Heller was a "civil rights violation," DC gets to pay lawers' fees to Levy, Gura & Co.  Can anyone confirm that?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 05:43:04 PM »
Hey, 1911owner,

Since we know now that the 1911 is a machine gun, you might want to change your screen name.  Lest the law come and drag you away.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife