Author Topic: Alternative energy as a threat to the environment?  (Read 7323 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Alternative energy as a threat to the environment?
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 08:14:59 AM »
They're bullet proof and rather hostile...

Wait, no, that's me...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

old school

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »
The Alaskan pipeline was supposed to kill off all the caribou, because they would be afraid to cross under the elevated pipe and thus could not follow their annual migration routes.

Later, I heard that the caribou were happily standing in the shade of the pipeline, and rubbing the velvet off their antlers on the supports  grin

I grew up adjacent to a huge nature perserve. I can tell you that animals could care less about such structures and objects. They either ignore them or utilize them just as in your example. As long as there are not people or pollutants in their environment, they could care less. The only concern I would have had was during the contstruction or potential spills. And unless I missed it, spills have not been an issue with that project.
We now know who the real man is.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »
Those aren't caribou, those are karabue, a genetically modified species that was introduced into the wilderness via a secret pact between the Area 51 Aliens and the Reagan administration!

So is it okay now to just shoot them? Wink

Mmmm, genetically modified karabue - it's what's for dinner  grin

I am waiting for the karabarbecue: genetically modified so that when shot, nano-machines heat up, expell the viscera out their hind end and then cook it before you can walk up from your shooting position.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton