Author Topic: I wonder if This Stuff Comes in Designer Colors?  (Read 2330 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I wonder if This Stuff Comes in Designer Colors?
« on: July 02, 2005, 11:45:51 AM »
Maybe if he sold it by regional consistency and trail difficulty. I'll take some Rubicon Trail Red.... Cheesy

----------------------------------------

MUD THAT SAYS WHO YOU ARE: British entrepreneur Colin Dowse recently introduced Sprayonmud, dirty water chemically treated for greater stickiness, mainly for urban SUV owners to pass themselves off as all-terrain adventurers.

If you've got a 4X4, Sprayonmud, at about $16 Cdn a bottle, will send a muddy message to anyone who might be envious that you use your off-roader off the road as well as on it.

But Sprayonmud Products says on its website that the goo is NOT to be used to obscure the number plate or the lights on your vehicle as that could get you a ticket.

"Sprayonmud can be applied to your vehicle in seconds, but just be careful the neighbours don't catch you using it!" the website states. "And remember, you've been visiting friends in the country!"

Perfect for urban posers.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2005/06/30/1111422-sun.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 01:49:23 PM »
If you build it - they will buy it.

Needs a spray to simulate folks actually firing guns, reading, using a kitchen, ....

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 02:12:01 PM »
"If you put two things together that have never been put together before, some schmuck will buy it from you"
                                   George Carlin

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 03:07:47 PM »
Hang on...  let me get this straight.  People are buying synthetic dirt, that stuff that the planet is made from, to slather on their trucks?  I can walk down the washing supplies aisle at Auto Zone and find no less than five hundred products dedicated entirely to removing dirt, that stuff the planet is made from, but some idiot is going to buy some kind of synthetic mud in an attempt to look even dumber.

Did it ever occur to anyone that farmboys, oil rig workers, mechanics, coal miners and the like actually clean themselves and put on fresh clothes when they're going out in public?  What ever happened to washing and waxing the car, and putting on fancy clothes when you want to look cool?

*sigh*

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »
What ever happened to washing and waxing the car, and putting on fancy clothes when you want to look cool?
Those went the way of bring the girl flowers on a date.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 06:04:23 PM »
What ever happened to washing and waxing the car, and putting on fancy clothes when you want to look cool?
That's one of the things that cracked me up. One of the first things I do after I've been offroad in a big way is to at least wash my 4by. Not only to make sure I get big globs of dried mud off mechanical stuff on the underside, but because the inside generally gets pretty dirty / dusty too, and I have to drive the thing to work and the store and stuff the 300 or so days a year I'm not offroad.  It also looks kinda funny if you have a Pigpen-like dustball following you when you get out of your rig to pick up your date. Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Chris

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 06:21:54 PM »
I have a truck (ok its an SUV but I call it a truck); I have said truck because I like having the space for friends and guns and other stuff. We go camping maybe twice a year on unimproved roads and a truck is the only thing that will get us to our campsite.

With all that being said, I live in the city where the majority of trucks and SUVs are squeaky clean and will never see a speck of mud. Mommymobiles and bright yellow H2s. I hate those things.

So the majority of the year Im on road and never shift into 4W; so when ever I saw a mud puddle Id make a point to drive through it on the simple belief that a certain amount of mud and dirt on a truck is a good thing, it reminds the truck that its a truck.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 03:47:42 AM »
I have to admit that i do deride people who drive OBVIOUSLY off-road oriented vehicles that have never seen a speck of mud in all their years, i guess im part of the problem.

I would imagine that 4-wheelers probably have internet forums much like gun-owners, complete with their share of posers. I can imagine that these fake-dirt cans will sell to the same personality types as those who buy airsoft AR15s and then post pictures claiming them to be legitimate. Imagine this "hey i just took my out into the mud, i tore it up man!".