Main Forums > The Roundtable

USB rechargeable flashlights

<< < (10/10)

Kingcreek:

--- Quote from: JTHunter on June 23, 2021, 11:46:46 PM ---A friend gave me a 6 "D" cell Maglight years ago and, like you, it is a "house light".
Seeing the other comments made me think of that one and I checked it and, while it still works, the batteries are stamped "2005".  Its size and weight also make it a good club.  >:D

--- End quote ---
I never cared for the 6 cell but the 3 cell is a good flashlight for house and yard use. Still big enough to wield as a metal club but much easier to use as a light, especially if you get one of Gary Malkoff’s led elements. Or even better, some of the old timer candle forum geeks used to build custom torches in them with battery carriers to replace the D cells and regulated LEDs with heat sinks. They used to post videos of 2 and 3 D size mag lights that would ignite crumpled paper a couple inches away from the lens.

K Frame:
I did put an LED bulb in the Maglight a couple of years ago after I dropped the darn thing and blew the incandescent bulb. It was, as is to be expected, quite a step up.

I keep it in my upstairs bathroom beside the vanity. That way I know exactly where it is if the power goes out and I'm upstairs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version