Main Forums > The Roundtable

USB rechargeable flashlights

<< < (2/10) > >>

MechAg94:
I have one of the larger Olights that USB rechargeable lights in my truck.  I don't think they sell that model anymore.  I don't use it much.  A few times a year.  I put it on the charger occasionally, but it still works well.  The most I have used it the last couple of years is when we shoot fireworks.  It lights up the little parachutes very well.   

I have a smaller Olight I keep in the truck more recently.  It is one of the little ones that take an AA or AAA.  No recharging.  It is just more convenient and won't blind you if you just want to read something. 

Larry Ashcraft:
I have a couple of Fenix ones.  One is a TK20R that I bought in 2019 and the other one is a PD36R that I got for my wife in 2020. They were about $125 retail, but it helps that I do business with the police equipment store so I get them about 1/2 price. Both are compact, about 6" long and put out enough light to scare coyotes away out to about 500 yards.

In the truck I just keep a good lithium light.

fifth_column:
I bought this one a few years ago for working under the vehicles:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ITIW76/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's cheap, bright, and charges via USB. I don't charge it often or use it much but I've had no issues with it.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: K Frame on June 18, 2021, 10:56:44 AM ---Not looking for a camping flashlight, just something to keep in the car in a state that will most likely to be charged when I need it.

--- End quote ---

I have an OLIGHT Seeker 2 that chargers with a USB cable.  It uses a proprietary 21700 lithium battery.  It was kinda pricy.

If this is just to have available but you'll probably seldom use it, get something that takes two CR123 disposable batteries and don't worry about keeping it charged (just check it once a year whether it needs it or not.)  They have an extremely long shelf life; also it can probably use a 18650 rechargeable battery if you do find yourself actually using it.

Brad Johnson:
What about outfitting the flashlight with one of the 18650 batteries with a USB charging port? That way you keep the flashlight you like, but have a battery you can charge in-car if needed.

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version