Author Topic: Senator McCain speaks out on the President  (Read 2250 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Senator McCain speaks out on the President
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Senator McCain speaks out on the President
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
I disagree with many of the president's policies, but I believe he is a patriot sincerely intent on using his time in office to advance our country's cause. I reject accusations that his policies and beliefs make him unworthy to lead America or opposed to its founding ideals.

I would have voted for McCain, still would despite his Rino like exterior. I know he is a patriot underneath and I think if you put his feet to the fire he'll make an American choice. Her loses me when he lies through his fake teeth like this though, wish he could get over his need to be civil.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »
I disagree with many of the president's policies, but I believe he is a patriot sincerely intent on using his time in office to advance our country's cause. I reject accusations that his policies and beliefs make him unworthy to lead America or opposed to its founding ideals.

Then you're utterly deluded.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BMacklem

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
My question to Mccain would be then "what in your opinion would make him unworthy to be president?"
If his policies are a problem, but apparently not enough to make him unworthy, then what actually would?

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/14/AR2011011403871.html

Some very nice words from Senator McCain.

Makin' us proud again, John Boy.

It's just his little way of reminding us that he is not and was not Presidential material.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
I disagree with many of the president's policies, but I believe he is a patriot sincerely intent on using his time in office to advance our country's cause. I reject accusations that his policies and beliefs make him unworthy to lead America or opposed to its founding ideals. And I reject accusations that Americans who vigorously oppose his policies are less intelligent, compassionate or just than those who support them.

Hitler was intent on advancing Germany's cause, too.

McCain is urging multilateral disarmament when our side hasn't armed and the other side will only change the looks of their arms.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »
My question to Mccain would be then "what in your opinion would make him unworthy to be president?"
If his policies are a problem, but apparently not enough to make him unworthy, then what actually would?

Maybe if he started posting to webboards in really obnoxious color combinations.

(See? you're already less inclined to vote for me.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:04:50 PM by KD5NRH »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
Somebody drive over and smack this guy.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 02:11:42 PM »

Wasn't McCain the pro-amnesty guy?

Not surprised.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »
McCain was a stubborn patriot in the hands of our enemies.  For that I salute him.  McCain is a fool when he fails to call foul upon a man and a belief that hates everything McCain stood for in his stubborness.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »
McCain is a Neocon hack.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
McCain opened his mouth and inserted "Teh Stupid" again.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
Any chance the Vietnamese would want him back?....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »
Being a chump isn't being civilized.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 03:08:55 AM »
Ok, McCain is dead wrong on this. McCain is a neocon, Rino, whatever. Above all he is a politician and a good one. However,  I stand by my assessment that he is, unlike the new boss, at least a patriot and his base instinct would be to not drive America straight into the ditch if given a chance. But the best part? He's old news. Like Bob Dole, he had his shot, too old to go again. So all the screeching about McCain is just fun noise.

In our perfect world the perfect candidate would come along and rescue us in '12. Well, I'll bet on the Mayans first.

The next schlub will have faults just like McCain and Bush. It will be tempting to have a 3rd party candidate. It will be tempting to throw a screeching fit about all the new guy's RINO like faults.(Especially if Romney gets there). Trash the guy, just own up to it when you put Obama back in office for 4 years when he doesn't have to get elected.

The Left has no monopoly on hysteria. The lunatic fringe right will screw us over just as fast. I haven't heard one R name I like for 2012 except for unelectable Bobby Jindal but surely anyone will be better than Obama Episode II.

I know that I will get drawn and quartered for this, the well trodden argument against 3rd parties. We need them since we will never abolish parties all together. We need them at state and local, we need them in Congress, we may need them in the white house, I'm just not seeing 2012 as the time.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.....yeah, that's right....... [popcorn]...........GODWIN!!!!!

I am again reminded how the NSDAP never came close to winning a majority in the Reichstag. But they got their man installed anyway. Lie to the working class about sweeping social reform, then they cozied up to the right just long enough to make themselves politically unassailable. Divide and conquer. If I'm David Axelrod right now I'm having every bit of non-sourceable campaign cash shovelled at any right wing 3rd party agitators. Lots of it.
AKA Navy Joe   

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 11:33:38 AM »
..... I know that I will get drawn and quartered for this, the well trodden argument against 3rd parties. We need them since we will never abolish parties all together. We need them at state and local, we need them in Congress, we may need them in the white house, I'm just not seeing 2012 as the time.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.....yeah, that's right....... [popcorn]...........GODWIN!!!!!

I am again reminded how the NSDAP never came close to winning a majority in the Reichstag. But they got their man installed anyway. Lie to the working class about sweeping social reform, then they cozied up to the right just long enough to make themselves politically unassailable. Divide and conquer. If I'm David Axelrod right now I'm having every bit of non-sourceable campaign cash shovelled at any right wing 3rd party agitators. Lots of it.

Not sure I get you;  you WANT  third parties .... but you realize that's how people like Hitler obtain power?  ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »
Yeah, there is a time and a place, 2012/White House, not it. You really want to hand Congress back and deliver the last? term to our current boss? Vote in the Tea Party du jour to Congress as an independent (ie not Republican) caucusing group and tear down any legitimate R who runs for prez because he is not conservative enough.

Looking back Clinton did no real lasting harm and I don't see him or his wife in the same dim light as Obama. Having said that, Clinton would have never made office without Perot, not a chance.
AKA Navy Joe   

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
Well, I'm torn ... seems like we are better off when the white house and congress are in different hands  =|

Not that I would ever vote for that piece of go se in the WH right now  [barf]
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin