Author Topic: Senators ask for ban on chewing tobacco at World Series  (Read 1751 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Senators ask for ban on chewing tobacco at World Series
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:37:53 AM »
Doesn't Senator Dick Durbin have anything better to worry about, like the economy? He and some other senators and bureaucrats are trying to get the players union to agree to ban chewing tobacco use by players during the World Series, and agree to have a permanent ban inserted into the players contract due to be negotiated at the end of the year.

It is, of course, being proposed in the name of the children. While we're at it, can we get them to stop the players from scratching their butts and crotches?

Sheesh.

Story here
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:52:08 AM by Monkeyleg »

longeyes

• friend
Re: Senators ask for ban on chewing tobacco at World Series
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:50:30 AM »
If there is anything our children should not be exposed to it's what passes for politicians.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:59:46 AM »
If there is anything our children should not be exposed to it's what passes for politicians.
you're right-I would rather they watch baseball players  then freaking obummer
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:35:31 AM »
Yea, well, I would rather not have my children exposed to scumbag conressbastids who have nothing better to do but stick their noses where they do not belong.

Besides, I would rather have both kids want to grow up to be baseball players as opposed to cheating and lying congressbastids.

*expletive deleted*ck congress.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

P5 Guy

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »
I haven't watched the MLB games in some years, do they still grab/rub their crotches and spit like in the old days when I looked up to them?
I stopped smoking too many years age and never got the dipping/chewing thing? [barf]

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »
Well, it's reassuring to know that things are humming along, with no important issues for the Legistalure to deal with, allowing them to delve into the minutiae of professional athletics.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »
Well, it's reassuring to know that things are humming along, with no important issues for the Legistalure to deal with, allowing them to delve into the minutiae of professional athletics.

Exactly. Or, they could be consistent, and take on all the other vices. They could ask actors to stop swearing and fornicating onscreen. They could ask the reality show trolls to be kind to one another. They could challenge our society's lax attitude toward gambling, illegitimacy, or sexual perversion.

We await proposals from Senator Durbin on these issues.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »
So are the congresscritters going to ban the below as well?

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 12:19:18 PM »
Fitting that those who have turned America into a spittoon would obsess in this way.  First it was steroids, the perfect metaphor for the political profligacy of our times, now this...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.