Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 1576 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Seriously?
« on: August 28, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=160181866&ft=1&f=

Report: France Opens Murder Probe In Arafat Death
PARIS (AP) — A judicial official has told the Sipa news agency that French prosecutors have opened a murder investigation into the death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.

Seriously? After 8 years?

It doesn't take much imagination to guess that it was the Mossad....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »
Are we going to give the killer a reward?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
mossad?  you do know who made yasser one of the richest men in the world?
 he was kinda like thurgood marshall to lbj
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:16:59 PM »
Really!? Do you have a link?
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 05:39:27 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18560_162-582487.html

"Arafat for years would cry poor, saying, 'I can't pay the salaries, we're gonna have a disaster here, the Palestinian economy is going to collapse,'" says Indyk. "And we would all mouth those words: 'The Palestinian economy is going to collapse if we don't do something about this.' But at the same time, he's accumulating hundreds of millions of dollars."

The stockpile went well beyond the portfolio. Arafat accumulated another $1 billion with the help of -- of all people -- the Israelis. Under the Oslo Accords, it was agreed that Israel would collect sales taxes on goods purchased by Palestinians and transfer those funds to the Palestinian treasury. But instead, Indyk says, "that money is transferred to Yasser Arafat to, amongst other places, bank accounts which he maintains off-line in Israel."

Until three years ago, Israel put the tax revenues into Arafat's account at Bank Leumi in downtown Tel Aviv, no questions asked. But why?

According to Indyk, "The Israelis came to us and said, basically, 'Arafat's job is to clean up Gaza. It's going to be a difficult job. He needs walking-around money,' because the assumption was that he would use it to get control of all of these terrorists who'd been operating in these areas for decades."

Obviously, that hasn't happened. No one knows this better than Dennis Ross, who was Middle East negotiator for the first President Bush and President Clinton, and now heads the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. He says Arafat's "walking-around money" financed a vast patronage system.

"I used to see that people came in, you know, with their requests," Ross says. "'I need a phone. I need an operation. I need a job.' Arafat had money to dispense."

Like a Chicago ward boss, he still doles out oodles of money; Fayyad says he pays his security forces alone $20 million a month, all of it in cash.

All told, U.S. officials estimate Arafat's personal nest egg at between $1 billion and $3 billion.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:08:12 PM »
Interesting, CSD - thanks!

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
Thieving, murderous bastard.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
AIDS is a more plausible explanation than murder.  About as much evidence.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
AIDS is a more plausible explanation than murder.  About as much evidence.
Haha, right - the early stories of assassination that were bought off with millions and the presence of polonium 210 aren't plausible explanations.   No, an Israeli media plant is all that we should accept when it comes to Palestinians!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 08:35:44 AM »
This is gross. The culprit should really be hanged and may his soul never rest in peace.  [ar15]
Considering all the innocent blood on his hands I understand the sentiment, but since Arafat's been dead for years, hanging that crooked, murderous terrorist's decaying corpse would be silly.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
New member, one post that doesn't really make sense. Ad in sig. Google search with that username produces a list of forums with the same MO.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »
Check out its new sig line.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »
Too late, I got rid of it.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
Come now. Do share what our latest guest was up to.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 11:02:29 AM »
Houses for lease or some such thing.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
Borrrrring. Sigh.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife