Author Topic: Senators Not So Much Against Drunk Driving  (Read 979 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Senators Not So Much Against Drunk Driving
« on: June 14, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/13/the-secret-dui-factor/

Senators Not So Much Against Drunk Driving: I’m told, by a reliable and well-placed source, that a good deal of the Democratic opposition to John Cornyn’s proposed amendment to the Gang of 8 bill has nothing to do with border security. It has to do with DUIs. Specifically, Cornyn’s amendment would bar illegal immigrants with misdemeanor DUI convictions from  ”probationary” legal status, which is the immediate legalization offered by Marco Rubio, et al, to most of the 11 million undocumented immigrants now living in the U.S.. For the pro-amnesty side, the exclusion of DUI offenders is apparently a deal-killer. There must be a lot of them!

I sure am glad we are not going to eject the drunk driving brain surgeon illegal aliens if Rubio, Schumer, McCain get their way.  They are just drinking and driving performing the brain surgery Americans won't do.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Senators Not So Much Against Drunk Driving
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:16:59 AM »
Lefty Democrats have no principles.  They just have constituencies they will ignore if they get in the way of what they want to do.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:19:22 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »
I was also thinking:  Will Sanctuary Cities stop ignoring crimes/DUI's by illegals once they are legalized? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
Lefty Democrats have no priciples. 

Gang of Ate is not entirely populated with Democrats (Rubio, McCain, McCain's Mini-Me, etc.).
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
Gang of Ate is not entirely populated with Democrats (Rubio, McCain, McCain's Mini-Me, etc.).
Well, the article didn't say if the Repub sell outs on the Gang of Ate supported this or not.  

I think Drudge had a headline a day or two ago that Reid blocked an amendment that would have pushed enforcement to occur before any amnesty.  

Please do not assume that just because I hate lefty Democrats that I love all Republicans or something.