Author Topic: Send him to Poland  (Read 1259 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Send him to Poland
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130614/DA6TETCO2.html

Nazi SS officer, hiding in Minnesota, since 1949.

Let him have a trial in Warsaw, whose ghettos he oversaw during the burning and gassing.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Send him to Poland
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »
No objection here.

I wonder, did we have a similar policy for Russian immigrants who committed atrocities during WWII?

If only folks were as keen to chase & prosecute former communist officers and bureaucritters in the many nations THEY brutalized(1).  Many more of whom still exist.

Also, because I am feeling ornery today and particularly unwilling to follow The Narrative...
For every living SS leader accused/associated with destroying a village (or suchlike) we send back to the tender mercies of their victims, let us also do the same for living members of Irgun and the Stern Gang. 

(1) No enemies to the left.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »
Efraim Zuroff, the lead Nazi hunter at the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Jerusalem, said that based on his decades of experience pursuing Nazi war criminals, he expects that the evidence showing Karkoc lied to American officials and that his unit carried out atrocities is strong enough for deportation and war-crimes prosecution in Germany or Poland.

"In America this is a relatively easy case: If he was the commander of a unit that carried out atrocities, that's a no brainer," Zuroff said. "Even in Germany ... if the guy was the commander of the unit, then even if they can't show he personally pulled the trigger, he bears responsibility."

Sounds like they finally made a good catch.

I've read a few stories of locals who were pressed into service by the nazis being deported after living a full and productive life and raising a family here in the states. The last one I've read about was a serb or croat that worked in a death camp because his other choice was being shot.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 11:05:58 AM »
No objection here.

I wonder, did we have a similar policy for Russian immigrants who committed atrocities during WWII?

If only folks were as keen to chase & prosecute former communist officers and bureaucritters in the many nations THEY brutalized(1).  Many more of whom still exist.

Also, because I am feeling ornery today and particularly unwilling to follow The Narrative...
For every living SS leader accused/associated with destroying a village (or suchlike) we send back to the tender mercies of their victims, let us also do the same for living members of Irgun and the Stern Gang. 

(1) No enemies to the left.

You forgot Planned Parenthood.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »

Me too, beyond ornery.
I'll go ever further...
I would like to tell all of the anti-gunners or those for 'common sense' gun control to STFU and live and abide by our Constitution or voluntarily remove themselves to a country actively carrying out genocide so that they can experience in full living color the end result of their philosophy and activism.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 02:25:11 PM »
I've found a way to express my frustration to anti-gunners in a way that they actually understand.

I find a way to equate our conversation with an imaginary conversation I might have about cars to an Amish person.

I first discovered it about 6 sheets to the wind in a Hard Rock Cafe in New Orleans, having been sucked into a conversation with a rabidly anti-gun coworker.

Some of the highlights I can remember:

"This is a conversation we can engage in only if you are prepared to accept a thorough and probably embarrassing verbal ass-beating accompanied by a swift education in things you will soon learn you know nothing about."

Like I said, 6 (or maybe 7) sheets to the wind. . .

The end of the conversation was something like "Well, I am entitled to my opinion!" "Yes you are.  And the Amish are entitled to an opinion about cars. It doesn't mean they know anything relevant to my life."

Our manager put a gentle stop to it, but you could tell she was done.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage