Author Topic: Arrow fired through family's cat  (Read 11977 times)

Iain

• friend
Arrow fired through family's cat
« on: August 28, 2008, 07:11:31 AM »
A family cat is expected to survive after its body was pierced by an 18-inch aluminium arrow.

Two-and-a-half-year-old Marmite managed to make it back to his home in the Scottish Borders village of Newcastleton after being struck.
- more at link

Lucky cat.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

dogmush

• friend
Re: Arrow fired through family's cat
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:13:42 AM »
1 down, 8 to go.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 07:18:33 AM »

Lucky cat.

Or, alternatively:

Very unlucky cat.

My cats are the lucky ones.  They sit around in the air conditioning all day without the slightest fear of being impaled by arrows.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 07:22:27 AM »
Poor little kitten. Can we use the bastard who did this for archery training?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:23:52 AM »
Poor little kitten. Can we use the bastard who did this for archery training?

I'd be good with that. Broadhead hunting arrows. The kind with the serrated blades.

I'm just glad the poor cat got back home and was able to be saved...This is why I recommend that people keep their cats indoors.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:24:35 AM »
Cats are tough little critters.  I once helped a friend take care of some feral cats on his farm.  I brought my .22 along, thinking that would be enough to handle something as small as a cat.  Nope, not even close.  After leaving 3 out of 3 wounded but very much alive, I drove home to swap out my .22 for my 1903A3.  

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:25:09 AM »
A. I hope, presume it was a target point.

B. I also hope that arrow is not going "the long way" through the cat as that 2 dimentional x-ray suggests.  undecided
I promise not to duck.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:49:32 AM »
Another reason cats should not be let outside.  If someone did that to one of my cats, they would be shot dead.  My cats, who are also my kids, are indoor cats but now and then I let one of them out when I go out and keep a close eye on them.  She never gets more than 10 feet from me.  I am always armed when she is out too.....chris3

PTK

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 07:58:57 AM »
Cats are tough little critters.  I once helped a friend take care of some feral cats on his farm.  I brought my .22 along, thinking that would be enough to handle something as small as a cat.  Nope, not even close.  After leaving 3 out of 3 wounded but very much alive, I drove home to swap out my .22 for my 1903A3. 

We ended up using a silenced .45 carbine on feral cats, before. TOUGH buggers.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 08:06:26 AM »
Ouch! shocked   Poor little kitty Sad

I expect they will be banning bows 'n arrows soon in the UK  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Iain

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »

B. I also hope that arrow is not going "the long way" through the cat as that 2 dimentional x-ray suggests.  undecided

Article says it entered by the right shoulder and exited by the left rear leg.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:23:55 AM »

Article says it entered by the right shoulder and exited by the left rear leg.

Best way to Rotisseire one.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 09:27:34 AM »
Good reason not to let your pets run around loose.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »
18 inch "arrow"?  Sounds like a crossbow bolt.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »
Cats are tough little critters.  I once helped a friend take care of some feral cats on his farm.  I brought my .22 along, thinking that would be enough to handle something as small as a cat.  Nope, not even close.  After leaving 3 out of 3 wounded but very much alive, I drove home to swap out my .22 for my 1903A3. 

We ended up using a silenced .45 carbine on feral cats, before. TOUGH buggers.

A friend of mine in austrailia has done this.  Apparently the feral cats out there are amazingly tough and mean; they are pests worse than deer out there.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »
Don't let cats outside?  When did we start letting them inside?  Huh?  If you keep them in, you have to feed them and clean up after them.  You bunch of liberals.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »
Cats are tough little critters.  I once helped a friend take care of some feral cats on his farm.  I brought my .22 along, thinking that would be enough to handle something as small as a cat.  Nope, not even close.  After leaving 3 out of 3 wounded but very much alive, I drove home to swap out my .22 for my 1903A3.  

Some of them deranged types over at Survival Monkey use AR15s on cats.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »
When did fistful visit the UK?  laugh
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »
Thanks for the compliment, but there's no way I could hit anything smaller than New Zealand with an arrow.   smiley

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 12:37:37 PM »

The guy who's farm had the feral cat problem used his .223 the first day we tried to kill the beasts.  It was borderline inadequate.  He swapped his .223 out for a 12 gauge slug gun the same time I swapped out my .22 for a .30-06.

Cat's are tough little creatures.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 12:43:17 PM »

AR15 is perfectly decent feral cat medicine.

At any rate, the HOUSEcat in question wasn't HOME, therefore it's probable that it was being a nuisance to some other property owner, and gun laws being what they are in the UK, said property owner used the next best thing.  Brits can still Pluck Yew, you know.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »
Jake - people that keep cats indoors in this country are considered the weird ones. Cats decimating bird populations, pooping in your flowerbeds and having noisy love - all part of the British land and sound scape.

Although I can see that it does have merit and would certainly have saved my childhood pet from a premature end. Then again, he was a big ginger killer and might well have gone insane.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 12:56:02 PM »
A big ginger killer?  Huh?

Iain

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 01:06:55 PM »
Spring time was one long horror show, you'd find hatchlings everywhere - the garden, the kitchen, in the cornflakes. Mice were summarily despatched, he was too efficient to torture them preferring instead to arrange them in rows. He died after a night of rabbiting in a nearby field, cars are much tougher prey than rabbits.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 02:37:51 PM »
My cats are primarily indoor cats.  I keep them inside, occasionally one sneaks out or mom lets them out (much as I tell her not to).

Someone shoots one of my cats with an arrow they wont like where I put the thing.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.