Author Topic: Arrow fired through family's cat  (Read 11978 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Re: Arrow fired through family's cat
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »
I expect they will be banning bows 'n arrows soon in the UK 

I'm shocked to discover they're still legal.  Or is it exclusive to Scotland?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »
Well, they were SORT of legal the last time I was over there- NO broadheads of course, and you had to have a licensed facility to shoot your bow because of potential harm to other's, and I am sure there were more restrictions- We watched an archery tourney on the fields below Dunster castle, on the riverbank- all the traditional archers in period garb using longbows.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
[never mind laugh
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »
And LadySmith will be along in to toss shoes in 3.....2.....1........... grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
I have an indoor cat.  So the end result would have probably been the demise of the archer.  If he/she came into my house with a bow or a crossbow, we'd hopefully be able to change the "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" to fit the new situation with the proper caution.  smiley

Cats are tough though.  We cleared out a horde of feral cats from a farm years back.  The farm was abandoned for about 7 years and those cats just kept breeding and multiplying.  They must have had an ample food source because they all looked fairly healthy.  They weren't too afraid of us either and they were some of the more vicious cats I even ran into. 

A 12ga worked fairly well; we didn't have all that much luck with .22cal rifles.  One of the guys used his Mini-14 and got good results.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 11:28:02 PM »
And LadySmith will be along in to toss shoes in 3.....2.....1........... grin

Jamis gets one upside the head:

Best way to Rotisseire one.....
angry   

laugh
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 01:37:17 AM »
he was a big ginger killer
What gun for big ginger killer?  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 02:32:35 AM »
I'd like to pop the sob who did that in his head with my 30.06 and watch it explode in a shower of pink mist.  He's probably a McCain voter anyway.   smiley 

Uh.  I thought it was in the UK. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 03:26:17 AM »
I'd like to pop the sob who did that in his head with my 30.06 and watch it explode in a shower of pink mist.  He's probably a McCain voter anyway.   smiley

I'm sure you would.  You sound like a stone cold bad ass. 
 rolleyes
Do you even know what a .30-06 is?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 05:36:14 AM »
Someone explain this - if YOUR cat is on SOMEONE ELSE'S land, messing with their livestock and wildlife, not to mention kids - how can you complain if someone disposes of it?  That's SOP in rural areas - see a dog or cat you don't know on your land, out comes the truck gun.

Don't want "snookem's" shot?  Keep it at home.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 05:40:30 AM »
Some of you guys must be beset by much more dangerous cats than I have ever met.  The few nuisance felines in my neck of the woods never come back after I throw a glass of water on them.  Meanwhile my neighbor has only a flimsy, short fence between my 4-year-old and his 3 Pit/Boxer mixes.  Cats don't worry me at all.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

• friends
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 05:57:02 AM »
"Cats don't worry me at all. "

aren't you the feller that lets his roam by god given right?

"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 10:19:36 AM »
The Kat Killing thread cheesy

IBTL.

I'm gonna pull out my copy of the "Man Eaters of Koumon" and relive my short duty as official feline dispatch officer for the Urban Coop of Homing Pigeons,  wherefrom one less ball bearing moustrap emerged under it's own power to warm it's regal coat in the light of day. 

The acid sweat...
...natives with machetes.
...knowing the job needed to be finished, or its bloodthirsty spee would continue....

..on it haunches...
ready to pounce...

Nonmortal yet crippling shoulder shots...
...seemingly unscathed by the spire point solids....

Blood curdling roar!!!

Dropped inches from my boots.

As the cop told my granny in 1955 - "Keep yer cats to home."
7-11 was a part time job.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »

I'm the "feller" who happens to own a couple of cats who never leave the house, and I can't recall having ever even insinuated anything to the contrary.  I could be wrong, so feel free to refresh my memory, thanks.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 12:20:51 PM »
I'd like to pop the sob who did that in his head with my 30.06 and watch it explode in a shower of pink mist. 

I'm not in favor of what was done to the cat, but this is just disturbing. I find comments like that strange, even when not totally serious.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
Oh, come on, Racey-horse.  What's a little murder when a cat's been injured?  You're so uptight. 

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »
Oh, come on, Racey-horse.  What's a little murder when a cat's been injured?  You're so uptight. 

Some pink mist would be refreshing right now...

Iain

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 12:53:06 PM »

Yeah dude - have a beer and some rotisseried... meat.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »

Excellent idea.  You actually made me go to the fridge for some Ruby Red grapefruit juice. 

How did you get my remote? 

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »

mmm...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
What is that?  Some Utah thing?   smiley

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »
i try to have outdoor cats. i throw the one out every chance i get. i'm not worried. it would take a nucluer bomb to kill that scrawny flea bag.

then again i treat my cats like they are cats. wild creatures who long ago enslaved the human race. unfortunatly for pharoh, i make a rotten slave.

BTW, the shooter of that arrow will come to a bad end. the cats will take care of it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

• friends
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »

I'm the "feller" who happens to own a couple of cats who never leave the house, and I can't recall having ever even insinuated anything to the contrary.  I could be wrong, so feel free to refresh my memory, thanks.

sorry there was someone on here who announced to the world that he would continue to allow his cats their freedom . i thought it was you  he had a similar force to his posts. (not meant as a negative) it apparently wasn't you  thats what i get for trusting  my memory. i'll try search feature next time

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 03:56:11 PM »
What is that?  Some Utah thing?   smiley

Sierra Mist is a Western US (I've only seen it out here, maybe it's back-east. It's a Pepsi product) lemon-lime soda. Just did a quick photoshop (or GIMPing, to be more accurate).

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2008, 04:01:50 PM »
there was someone on here who announced to the world that he would continue to allow his cats their freedom

Our cats roam inside and outside.  We own 40 acres of hunting ground for them.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin