Author Topic: fluffeh kitteh  (Read 18976 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
fluffeh kitteh
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »
Wife brought home dumped kitten....(fighting urge to let her keep.....)

Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: fluffeh kitteh
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:35:16 PM »
Awww!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »
"Let 'her' keep it", eh?  ;)
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 10:26:22 PM »
Doesn't matter what you say, the cat has decided to keep you

Something similar happened to me some thirty years ago. My car ran out of gas about a mile from home. So, walk home, find a gas can, hitchhike to  a gas station hitch/ walk back to the car.
 Now, I had always been known as "That guy (or asshat, depending on your POV) that absolutely HATES cats. no, really "HATE" all caps, italics if I could figure out how. HATES CATS!!!

So, I get back to the car & put the gas in while listening to this horrid mewing. I looked under the car and found this skinny half starved kitten. So I put him in the car went to the gas station to fill the car & accidentally purchased a 1/2 pint of cream. Well I got back to the car, realized my errant purchase & rather than throwing it away ( as I should have) I gave it to cat. He lived ten years in my home.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:37:47 PM by Triphammer »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 10:51:09 PM »

There does not appear to be any need to fatten that thing up before making 1/2 of a pair of mittens out of it.  If you need a pattern let me know.

stay safe.

PS - You also get a Chinese food meal from your mitten source.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 10:59:22 PM »
That's going to be a fluffy cat. The wife and I are looking at all of the local shelters for a couple of replacements for the ones we have no more.

bob

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:54 AM »

Lady friend is probably moving in sometime around January. She has two very large kitties. Should be interesting. Biggest thing to remember is look before sitting down or stepping somewhere.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 10:08:12 AM »
Biggest thing to remember is look before sitting down or stepping somewhere.

After decades of having kittens, cats, puppies, dogs, and small children running loose around the house, my footsies learned to not come down on anything soft.

The other day I started to step on an errant sock and that reflex still kicked in.

Even after another decade of not having any kittens, cats, puppies, dogs, and small children running loose around the house.

Same reflex in my tushie, too.

Terry
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:19:16 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 12:26:49 PM »
Looks like you have a new friend.  Once they're in they're in to stay.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »
Nice looking cat. I really wish my wife and I weren't so damn allergic to them, nothing quite like a nice cat purring on your lap as you plot world dominance you quietly read...

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
Here ya go.

http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Long-All-Purpose-Burlap-Bag/dp/B000SSUMES/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385054832&sr=8-2&keywords=burlap+sack

You can find stones down by the creek. :P

Don't forget to leave a product review.   

Perfect for drownding baby kittens

>:D :rofl: >:D :rofl:

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 01:10:55 PM »
Don't forget to leave a product review.   

>:D :rofl: >:D :rofl:

I did. I'm curious if they'll post it.

And it's actually a true story, although it wasn't me, but three generations removed to my great grandmother's infant siblings born in winter that didn't make it which had to hang in the woodshed in a sack until the spring thaw to be buried.

Wonder what kind of mood the Amazon reviewer is in.  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »

I'm curious. Why do dog folks think it's funny to torture or kill cats, but cat people rarely think it's funny to torture or kill dogs?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
I'm curious. Why do dog folks think it's funny to torture or kill cats, but cat people rarely think it's funny to torture or kill dogs?

Dunno. Seen the same question and the same debate a million times on the interwebz, including here, already. No answers. Although probably related to superficial thinking about the natural instincts and behavior of the two animals in question.

In simple terms, I think some people experience cats as this: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d7ab80d4a5/bitchy-resting-face

Although sometimes it's just gallows humor, and not always related to the actual dogs vs. cat-thing.

And besides, why go for bush league humor black humor of kittens, or puppies, and rocks sacks and ponds when you can do this?

http://www.amazon.com/review/R35H013JUPMTD3?tag=5336612384-20

(I can't believe they published it, I'm guessing Amazon just has a bot looking for profanity and spam...)
I promise not to duck.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »
I know it used to be common to drown unwanted pets, but I think it's cruel. Have no ideological preference against shooting as opposed to veterinary euthanasia though, although I don't have the stomach for it anymore.

I have to relay a story recently told me by a redneck I talk to occasionally, that had me in stitches (and probably just as wrong/cruel as drowning pets, but funny, dammit for it's irony)...

He employs these  http://www.havahart.com/store/live-animal-traps/1085   around his deer feeders to catch racoons stealing his deer corn. Has a length of rope tied to each of them, and throws them in his tank (farm pond for you non Texans) to decease the trapped coon. Conveniently holding loose end of rope to retrieve trap.

I call them his Idon'thaveaheart traps.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 04:11:45 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/review/R35H013JUPMTD3?tag=5336612384-20

(I can't believe they published it, I'm guessing Amazon just has a bot looking for profanity and spam...)

I plus-oned that one on Amazon.  Hah!

In regards to sacks and stones... in truth, I don't like cats.  But I'm not inclined to drown a cat any more than I am inclined to drown any other vermin.  Yes, I consider them vermin.  But they have no utility to me in their suffering and I don't see a point in eating them.  So they live.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 04:20:17 PM »

I'm not sure it's a fair characterization to paint "dog folks" as pro-torture of cats, anymore than saying "Why do teenagers think it's funny to practice infanticide" because lots of teens make stupid dead baby jokes.

That being said, it's certainly true that internet communities make jokes about harming cats far more often and without social repercussions than they do about hurting dogs. I don't think there's a single simple reason for that, but a variety of factors all working together.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 06:58:07 PM »
There does not appear to be any need to fatten that thing up before making 1/2 of a pair of mittens out of it.  If you need a pattern let me know.

stay safe.

PS - You also get a Chinese food meal from your mitten source.

And fluffeh mittens are just the thing for cold weather!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 07:02:56 PM »
People are scared of cats. if your cat was big enough, it would eat you and puke you up , probably on the nicest rug in the house. They are, after all, killer aliens, with mind control powers. Supremely gifted vivisectionists, with a penchant for torture and decorating the castle with bleeding dead bodies. I knew I was in trouble when my cat started killing weasels for a hobby. Then the other one started acting like a pointer, for squirrel hunting. And she retrieved the bodies.

See, a dog is a dog. A cat is a killing machine with fuzz attached. Why else would we like them?! =D

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »
I'm not sure it's a fair characterization to paint "dog folks" as pro-torture of cats, anymore than saying "Why do teenagers think it's funny to practice infanticide" because lots of teens make stupid dead baby jokes.

That being said, it's certainly true that internet communities make jokes about harming cats far more often and without social repercussions than they do about hurting dogs. I don't think there's a single simple reason for that, but a variety of factors all working together.

Dogs are man's best friend. Cats think we're their servants. People have less sympathy for The Man Cat. 
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 08:16:13 PM »
People are scared of cats. if your cat was big enough, it would eat you and puke you up , probably on the nicest rug in the house. They are, after all, killer aliens, with mind control powers. Supremely gifted vivisectionists, with a penchant for torture and decorating the castle with bleeding dead bodies. I knew I was in trouble when my cat started killing weasels for a hobby. Then the other one started acting like a pointer, for squirrel hunting. And she retrieved the bodies.

See, a dog is a dog. A cat is a killing machine with fuzz attached. Why else would we like them?! =D

Only some of them.

The rest are spawn of the Devil.  They are the "familiars" of witches, carrying spells and other maladictions.  They suck the breath out of babies as well as drink up the mother's milk causing children to waste and die.

Would you like me to go on?  I'm sure Wiki has lots I have not gotten around to yet.

Dogs, on the other hand, will do just about anything for a treat, and are more likely to warn you of an intruder and maybe even bite them.  Dogs believe you no matter how many times you do not throw the ball/stick.  You can survive a bitterly cold winter night with only 3 dogs.  Most importantly of all, dogs will generally come to you when called (if you are their owner).

Cats, on the other hand, will all work together to crush your head.  Which brings up the amazing ability of cats to increase the pull of gravity around themselves.  (In fairness, some dogs have learned that trick - from cats!)

In conclusion: dogs have owners while cats have staff.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 08:30:57 PM »

When they press their paws into your chest, they're really trying to strangle you.  They've just forgotten they lack opposable thumbs.  They always forget.

Our most interesting pets are predators.