Author Topic: Epidemiologist tells the truth.  (Read 3789 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Epidemiologist tells the truth.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 10:09:44 AM »
I dunno.

The video was uploaded on July 30 of this year, but the "news" about hospitals cancelling all but emergency surgeries, and those new hospitalization numbers, look a lot more like what was happening a year or 15 months ago, at the height of the original pandemic, and when nobody had a handle on the situation.

That newscast could have been recorded any time -- there's no time or date stamp on it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 10:16:54 AM »
Hospitals over capacity and cancelling elective surgeries due to COVID is a very real thing in some parts of the country right now, due to the Delta variant.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 12:20:49 PM »
Hospitals over capacity and cancelling elective surgeries due to COVID is a very real thing in some parts of the country right now, due to the Delta variant.

So we ARE back to where we were a year ago, then?

That's not happy news.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 04:47:14 PM »
But are the Tik tok stripper nurses back? It’s not a real crises until then.

And last time didn’t hospitals artificially close rooms so they could inflate the “ermagahd we are at full capacity!” numbers?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 06:24:53 PM »
I didn't comment on my post because I wanted more time to think on it.  I went out and mowed about half our pasture and came in for a break and some water and started a post with my thoughts and made a typo and when I went to correct myself, somehow deleted what I was typing.  So I said the heck with it and went back out to mow some more.  Then it started raining so I came back in and sat down to try to restate what I started to say.  But now I am so tired I just want to know, does this mean I have to stock up on toilet paper, paper towels, canned goods, rice and beans again?  We have a good pantry and could likely live out of it for a couple months, but essential goods, not so much.  The two storage cabinets in the back hall aren't bulging yet, so I guess I need to go stock up after supper.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 07:11:23 PM by Grandpa Shooter »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 06:54:03 PM »
So we ARE back to where we were a year ago, then?

That's not happy news.

In a way, that would be good news. In a way. It would mean that lockdowns, and all the other heavy-handed nonsense don't work, and can safely be abandoned.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 07:03:56 PM »

In a way, that would be good news. In a way. It would mean that lockdowns, and all the other heavy-handed nonsense don't work, and can safely be abandoned.

I agree that the "heavy-handed nonsense" as you put it, didn't work.  However, do you really believe that the wannabe dictator governors won't reimpose lockdowns, social distancing and face mask requirements?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 07:11:31 PM »
If the general public were as aware of the healthcare staffing crisis as are the healthcare employees, it would be front page news and calls for government action. When you or a loved one go to the hospital, you expect to receive prompt and appropriate care. This is not now the case in many areas of the country.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 07:13:38 PM »
I agree that the "heavy-handed nonsense" as you put it, didn't work.  However, do you really believe that the wannabe dictator governors won't reimpose lockdowns, social distancing and face mask requirements?

They are already starting to.  Here in Ky and other places in the news, are already doing it.  I guess I'll go stock up now, before the craziness starts.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 07:17:28 PM »

And in another way, it points out that virtually all the patients now being admitted for COVID were not vaccinated.

ETA: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/31/health/fully-vaccinated-people-breakthrough-hospitalization-death/index.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 09:11:55 PM by MillCreek »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 07:24:13 PM »
And in another way, it points out that virtually all the patients now being admitted for COVID were not vaccinated.

Not vaccinated, or not vaccinated AND it's their first case of covid? That is two different populations.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2021, 12:13:20 AM »
https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210513/over-_99-percent-hospitalized-2021-covid-patients-unvaccinated

If you don't think things will go straight back into lockdown, you haven't been paying attention to what has been going on in France. I think they are on their 6th wave. Unless you think the virus is different then it means we are not going to be over it quick, actually because the US is so spread out and yes, because we have vaccine hesitancy it's going to take us years to get through the equivalent of those 6 waves. Lots of people in France are vaccine hesitant too but not as many and lots of them are protesting their vaccine passport but they probably won't be able to stop it.

Because of the CDC recommendation on masks I am already seeing the changes. The library system used to require masks only for unvaccinated people and as of today it's back to 100% masks for everyone. And it's only the beginning of August...
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 12:23:35 AM »
So, are these new masks certified to block the particles?

As an essential retail employee, Karen is VERY disappointed that I'm not dead.
Blog under construction

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2021, 07:17:02 AM »
https://www.heraldnet.com/news/spitters-its-time-for-everyone-to-mask-up-indoors-again/

The current state of my county. I expect mandatory masking to resume due to the unvaccinated population, either by government order or private business requirements.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 10:11:29 AM »
https://www.heraldnet.com/news/spitters-its-time-for-everyone-to-mask-up-indoors-again/

The current state of my county. I expect mandatory masking to resume due to the unvaccinated population, either by government order or private business requirements.
It isn't "due to the unvaccinated population".  It is because they are govt bureaucrats and want the Govt to do "something" even if it is largely ineffective.  They realize they can't put a vaccination status collar around everyone's neck which may be a small blessing. 
“The best way to make sure everyone who is unvaccinated wears a mask is just for everyone to wear a mask,” Spitters said. “The sign at the front door saying ‘If you’re unvaccinated please wear a mask,’ while well intended, is just not effective.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 10:29:39 AM »
^^^I suspect the unvaccinated population will be cited as one of the reasons for new mandates. The Washington governor is already making noises about this.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2021, 11:40:45 AM »
https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210513/over-_99-percent-hospitalized-2021-covid-patients-unvaccinated

If you don't think things will go straight back into lockdown, you haven't been paying attention to what has been going on in France. I think they are on their 6th wave. Unless you think the virus is different then it means we are not going to be over it quick, actually because the US is so spread out and yes, because we have vaccine hesitancy it's going to take us years to get through the equivalent of those 6 waves. Lots of people in France are vaccine hesitant too but not as many and lots of them are protesting their vaccine passport but they probably won't be able to stop it.

Because of the CDC recommendation on masks I am already seeing the changes. The library system used to require masks only for unvaccinated people and as of today it's back to 100% masks for everyone. And it's only the beginning of August...

At this point nearly everyone has atleast has had the opportunity to take the vaccination,  and can still get it.  It should no longer be the responsibility of those who are "vaxxed" to protect those who are not.

GET VAXXED!!!!
[/b]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2021, 11:50:48 AM »
^^^I suspect the unvaccinated population will be cited as one of the reasons for new mandates. The Washington governor is already making noises about this.

Yeah, they will get us on the boxcars one way or the other.
 Gotta deflect blame on someone. Scapegoats be we.

I don't trust a word out of any government or mainstream media source. Or most doctors. They are pushing a political agenda.

And I have been hearing in multiple places of "vaccinated " people getting the virus. Both on the web and amazingly the CDC even said so recently. And the "vaccinated" are giving it to other "vaccinated" people. The masks are stupid- ineffective, shown by study pre-hysteria and also by mask-no mask examinations of case counts in different mandating counties with comparable populations.

If the "vaccine" actually protects , and someone is worried about corona, just get the shots. But don't spend all year telling us how  effective the jab is, and then turn around and tell us it does not work because some person somewhere did not get jabbed.
 It either works, or it does not.

IMO, This entire episode is a scam , every treatment option other than the big pharma $$$$$$$ meds censored, all the data corrupted ,the adverse effects of the jab denied, obfuscation all the way down in order to steal our civil liberties.
  They are going to double and triple down and have us living in a cellblock before this is over. Hear what they are doing in Australia?

The virus is real, but insignificant to the survival of a civilization.   It has been weaponized as a propaganda/fear tool to impose control. This fear/control method is as old as humanity and it astounds me people can't see it.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2021, 12:17:35 PM »
At this point nearly everyone has atleast has had the opportunity to take the vaccination,  and can still get it.  It should no longer be the responsibility of those who are "vaxxed" to protect those who are not.

GET VAXXED!!!!
[/b]
If vaccinations went to 100%, do you think it would all go away?  If so, you have a higher opinion of our govt bureaucrats and politicians than I do.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2021, 12:18:39 PM »
What gets me is that now people seem to think that a VERY ineffective solution (the mask) is more effective than the science-based vaccine.

And... Seems like there are -cases- but again, about the only folks who die with it are people who are already hanging out in death's waiting room.
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2021, 12:19:27 PM »
The virus is real, but insignificant to the survival of a civilization.   It has been weaponized as a propaganda/fear tool to impose control. This fear/control method is as old as humanity and it astounds me people can't see it.

This, in spades.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »

GET VAXXED!!!!
[/b]

No.

The US is one of the only first world countries to insist on vaccines  both for those who haven't had and have had covid. The more peer reviewed research that I read (and sadly much of it comes from international researchers because the MSM and big tech seem to put a lid on it here), the more evidence I see that this covid results in the same robust immunity as SARS/covid1, which is to say likely lifetime.

Unless this vaccination craze ends up creating a platform for significant virus mutation, in which case neither the vaccinated who have never had covid, nor those with natural immunity are safe from a significant mutation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2021, 12:26:48 PM »
Yeah. Just keep telling me the vax is effective. Sure, I'll believe you eventually. Uh-huh.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?