Author Topic: Well, I voted to defeat harry reid...  (Read 12949 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Well, I voted to defeat harry reid...
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
Over the ridge to the south of Fallon on Highway 50 is a joint in the middle of nowhere with a "Girls" sign on the front. Looks like a topless joint. I rode past it many times on my cycle, couldn't figure out what it was about, and finally asked about it at a store about 60 miles east. They said it was a bordello.

Can you  confirm? ;)

Probably not, We left in '70, I was 8. :O
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »
Probably not, We left in '70, I was 8. :O

late bloomer ?>:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 11:10:02 PM »
late bloomer ?>:D

I just wasn't allowed to leave the city limits on the bicycle so I never made it out that far =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »
We did our duty for America and voted to replace harry reid.  It's easier to make a choice on some candidates when you get a flier with endorsements from people you oppose.  Someone running for district court judge sent me a flier with endorsements from liberals and rinos.  His opponent received my vote.

Thank you. You are a great American. Good luck to you and Nevada, and may your efforts not have been in vain.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 06:06:52 AM »
Over the ridge to the south of Fallon on Highway 50 is a joint in the middle of nowhere with a "Girls" sign on the front. Looks like a topless joint. I rode past it many times on my cycle, couldn't figure out what it was about, and finally asked about it at a store about 60 miles east. They said it was a bordello.

Can you  confirm? ;)

Probably was.

Prostitution is legal in most of Nevada.  There was a brothel less than mile or so away from the place I grew up.  It was really popular during Halloween.  They'd hand out king sized candy bars to the kids.  :lol:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 01:12:21 PM »
Apologies from Montana...

Max Baucus sent 30 of his aides to Nevada to help with last minute campaigning for Reid...  it is 4 more years before we get another crack at unseating Baucus.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/01/nevada-senate-vote-gridlock-eleventh-hour/

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »
Apologies from Montana...

Mighty considerate of ya, apologizin' an' all that.  I won't hold it against you.

I did, though, just get back from the polls.  I, Doggy Mommy (a.k.a. "Wicked Witch") and S.O.B (what else would you call the son of Doggy Mommy?) all just went to do our civic duty and help in tossing out the garbage.  One person ahead of us in line for our precinct.  The workers said the place was packed earlier.

When I got my card to activate the voting machine, I asked the guy "who do I call if I go in the booth and it already says 'Harry Reid'"?  I think I caught him off guard, 'cause he asked me to repeat it.  I thought I was loud enough the first time, but since he apparently didn't hear it I repeated it... louder.  He then sheepishly pointed at another guy who was wearing an embarrassed grin as the one I should summon if Harry was pre-marked.

They still let me vote, though.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 10:16:35 PM »
When I got my card to activate the voting machine, I asked the guy "who do I call if I go in the booth and it already says 'Harry Reid'"?  I think I caught him off guard, 'cause he asked me to repeat it.  I thought I was loud enough the first time, but since he apparently didn't hear it I repeated it... louder.  He then sheepishly pointed at another guy who was wearing an embarrassed grin as the one I should summon if Harry was pre-marked.

They still let me vote, though.

Was your machine pre-selected?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 10:29:12 PM »
Was your machine pre-selected?

The fact that I'm here now posting tells you it was not.  If it had been "pre-selected", I'd probably still be there waiting for the press, the feds, and eventually for my wife to post my bail.  i.e., I'd most likely say/do something stupider than normal.

We use the electronic touch-screen machines that generate a paper ballot when you finish.  You can stand and watch the paper ballot print, and check it for accuracy.  I did so, and gave it the hairy eyeball until it scrolled completely out of sight.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:27 AM »
I apologize for the less-aware Nevadans who failed.   =(

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 12:47:53 AM »
Their calling it for that bastard :mad:

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 08:18:14 AM »
Yes, the bespectacled little big-government weasel won. Nuts!

Sharon Angle seemed to be 'out where the busses don't run', but even she is better than Reid.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 02:15:16 PM »
Harry reid picked whom he wanted to run against.  He put a ton of money into attacking Angle's opponent in the primary.  The bright side is we still have reid to blame things on for the next two years. My biggest fear was that the Republicans would retake the House and Senate and then obama would blame them for the next two years, getting himself reelected because of it.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 05:19:17 PM »
Well, I voted to defeat harry reid...

Well, you should have voted harder.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 05:51:11 PM »
Well, you should have voted hardermore often.  =(

FIFY
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »
In a way I'm actually ok with the Repubs not winning the Senate too.  Makes winning the Senate and Presidency a real possibility in 2012.   Then again, the Repubs will get blamed for the world ending in 2012 too.  :lol:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 11:35:23 PM »
Better chance of winning the Senate in 2012. This year, there were more Republicans than Democrats up for election. In 2012, there will be many more Democrats than Repub's in the running.

Look at the listing on the left side, for terms of service, divided by class.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/reference/three_column_table/Senators.htm

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:38:26 PM by Fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife