Author Topic: Rose "Thug" Namajunas "better dead than red" WINS!  (Read 1492 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Rose "Thug" Namajunas "better dead than red" WINS!
« on: April 25, 2021, 02:01:01 AM »
BACK STORY
 I never heard of her, I do not like pro sports much anymore, seems like its been a huge liberal virtue signalling for a long time now.
So, the other day, I watched a ferfal video on youtube  ( he's awesome, subscribe )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phy90dc560Q
Ferfal is always correct about everything, so I decided "what the heck, I will bet ten bucks on the young lady to win".
BOOM!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EuwW6RglHk
USA/USA/USA/ [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Rose "Thug" Namajunas "better dead than red" WINS!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:09:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5N30z1JzOk
Here is a video that at least shows the kick that ended the fight.  I didn't see the fight, just saw this last night.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 12:46:52 PM »
UFC is still a place people can have wrongthink. Just look at Colby Covington. I've watched a few Namajunas fights and always liked her attitude, had no idea on her ethnicity or back story until this fight build-up. So family comes from a commie place, she says it's not for her and the well ackshully brigade attacks. I saw the same thing in my brief time in Estonia. They really don't miss the Reds up there.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 02:52:45 PM »
"...now that the big corporations are in bed with China..." says it all.

That kick was like lightning.  Did they speed up the video for effect?

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 08:05:13 PM »
"...now that the big corporations are in bed with China..." says it all.

That kick was like lightning.  Did they speed up the video for effect?

No, they slowed down the replay so you could see it. There are a few memorable head kicks in UFC history, this is one of them.
AKA Navy Joe   

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 08:23:52 PM »
If anyone comes across the full replay, post a link. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
AKA Navy Joe   

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 11:10:29 PM »
Thanks.  That was a hell of a kick.  Looked like the Chinese woman was either distracted or not expecting a high kick at all.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 01:06:20 AM »
Thanks.  That was a hell of a kick.  Looked like the Chinese woman was either distracted or not expecting a high kick at all.

I think she thought she was the aggressor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 08:28:26 PM »

Not a common headkick angle and it started development looking a lot like a low kick. By far the most common MMA kick because they don't open up the kicker as much to grabs and counters and they break down the legs of the target. Hard to fight if you can't stand up anymore.
AKA Navy Joe   

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2021, 08:48:18 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um1xEBOAK6U
Odd that video link above now goes to a video with nothing.  This one has the fight.

I was wondering if the referee stopped the fight a bit too soon as the Chinese woman was conscious pretty quick.  I can only assume she was completely out of it right after falling. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 10:57:39 AM »
Lot of videos get chopped due to copyright. She was out on contact and not intelligently defending herself. I mean he coulda let her eat some more on the ground but to no purpose.
AKA Navy Joe   

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 11:33:25 AM »
Odd that video link above now goes to a video with nothing.  This one has the fight.

I was wondering if the referee stopped the fight a bit too soon as the Chinese woman was conscious pretty quick.  I can only assume she was completely out of it right after falling.

She recovered quick enough once the ref stopped the fight, but she was out of it and not defending herself when Rose jumped on her and was pummeling her with head punches. I think he acted correctly in stopping it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 09:40:34 PM »

Rose knocked her out, I saw it in slo mo, the chinese lady knees buckled and she dropped - lost consciousness for a few seconds.
i would guess you have to call it after a knockout, i do not know much about the sport
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 10:31:01 PM »
Rose knocked her out, I saw it in slo mo, the chinese lady knees buckled and she dropped - lost consciousness for a few seconds.
i would guess you have to call it after a knockout, i do not know much about the sport

Hard reboot.  =D

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 09:57:36 AM »
Hard reboot.  =D

And drinking yourself unconscious is a soft reboot . . . .

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 11:15:05 AM »
I got caught right in my orbital bone with a wood field hockey stick and a third grader that dreamed of being Tiger Woods. I was 100% out on the contact but awake by the time I hit the ground. Lucky I didn't lose an eye I guess.
AKA Navy Joe