Author Topic: FSA dollars left over?  (Read 513 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
FSA dollars left over?
« on: December 15, 2020, 02:16:45 PM »
Don't forget that you can now use them for OTC medical supplies, not just prescription....

And some other suggestions, as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/15/15-surprising-things-you-can-buy-with-your-leftover-fsa-dollars-.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: FSA dollars left over?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 04:40:39 PM »
Don't forget that you can now use them for OTC medical supplies, not just prescription....

And some other suggestions, as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/15/15-surprising-things-you-can-buy-with-your-leftover-fsa-dollars-.html

I'm glad they brought back the OTC as allowable purchases. Now that I usually hit my max out of pocket every year, I do a good job of eating up my FSA account.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 04:52:49 PM »
I have an HSA, not FSA.  I contribute the max every year and use zero dollars of it every year for medical expenses. All expenses covered by the HSA are paid for via my regular bank account, and the HSA dollars are invested in Vanguard funds - basically a stealth IRA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »
I, too, have an HSA. Some people have both, depending on their particular benefits packages.

I do use my HSA funds, but I don't tap into them heavily.

My intent is to continue saving and use the accumulated money to have a couple of teeth replaced with implants.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.