Author Topic: The Jerome Ersland Act ( OK ) remember him?  (Read 3654 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: The Jerome Ersland Act ( OK ) remember him?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »
hes tied up more by lies and video that proves the lies
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:21:04 AM »
hes tied up more by lies and video that proves the lies
groan.

Not everyone is an Angelic being like you C&S'd

He inflated his service record, dumb but not a crime huge enough to imprison him.
And he put an extra shot in a possibly already dead dirtbag that tried to rob him.

I grew up around dirtbags like that, some of them need killing.
If you go into some ones place of business and start shooting at them ( like dead dirtbag did ) don't expect folks who have been mugged a few times by similar creeps to do nothing but buy a beer for the Ersland types who've had enough.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 01:28:20 AM »
he lied about them shooting at him and substantially about many of the details of the case.  naming a bill after him is poor planning no matter how much it resonates in certain quarters
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 01:37:59 AM »
I don't have a problem with a law that says it's legal to defend yourself. I don't have a problem with a law that requires a judge to instruct a jury that homicide in defense of self or third parties is legal and is not murder. (In fact, I am astonished that this is not already required in Oklahoma.)

But none of that would help Mr. Ersland. His protection under any such law ended when he abandoned Perp #1, whom he had shot, and went out the door in pursuit of Perp #2, then returned and calmly administered a coup de gras (actually, an entire pistol full of them) to Perp #1. If I were on the jury I don't think I'd go for first degree murder, but I think I could be on board for second degree.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:40:25 AM »
he lied about them shooting at him and substantially about many of the details of the case.  naming a bill after him is poor planning no matter how much it resonates in certain quarters

iirc they found spent casings from the robbers. ... hey! lets go to the video tape!
http://newsok.com/reliable-discount-pharmacy-surveillance-video/multimedia/video/24432753001

I found the thugs myspace profiles shortly after this got national attention - these young thugs loved maiming rape & killing ... don't cry for them Argentina!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 01:44:40 AM »
I don't have a problem with a law that says it's legal to defend yourself. I don't have a problem with a law that requires a judge to instruct a jury that homicide in defense of self or third parties is legal and is not murder. (In fact, I am astonished that this is not already required in Oklahoma.)

But none of that would help Mr. Ersland. His protection under any such law ended when he abandoned Perp #1, whom he had shot, and went out the door in pursuit of Perp #2, then returned and calmly administered a coup de gras (actually, an entire pistol full of them) to Perp #1. If I were on the jury I don't think I'd go for first degree murder, but I think I could be on board for second degree.

except for the prosecutor said the he was DRT , so I guess you charge Ersland with shooting a dead body?
thugs like the dead perp really enjoy hurting people-they enjoy kicking people in the head until they die. Ersland deserves nothing more then a meritorious citizen award

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 01:57:57 AM »
no shell casings from robbers and video clearly shows they fired no shots  heck even erslunds landshark isn't claiming they fired

the medical examiner testified differently than your imaginary prosecution

"Prosecutors contend he went over the line when he shot the unarmed robber five times in the abdomen while the robber was incapacitated on the floor from a gunshot wound to the head. His defense attorney contends Ersland acted in self-defense.

Read more: http://newsok.com/pharmacist-in-fatal-oklahoma-city-shooting-released-on-100000-bail/article/3373194#ixzz1F2ubfUzD
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:01:44 AM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 03:24:57 AM »
Had he simply shot the robber 20 times, it would be possible to argue he couldn't stop firing - this happens even to LEOs.

But shooting the attackr, leaving, then coming back to shoot him again is not self-defense.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 08:00:02 AM »
The dead perp was using threat of deadly force to commit a violent crime. He got what was coming to him.
Sure the vic should not of returned and shot him some more but ya know what, in my eyes perp is ultimately responsible for the events of that day.
Good riddence and I hope the vics life isn't completly destroyyed over this. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:37 AM »
Had he simply shot the robber 20 times, it would be possible to argue he couldn't stop firing - this happens even to LEOs.

But shooting the attackr, leaving, then coming back to shoot him again is not self-defense.

That's it in a nutshell.

I don't think any of us is arguing that the dead robber was not a scumbag. The question is whether Ersland's actions constitute the legitimate use of deadly force for self defense. His first shot -- absolutely. And, as Micro said, if he had emptied his gun into the perp at that point it would likely still have been justified.

But he didn't. He left the wounded (or dead) robber, he left the building, and he then returned to the building (went from a place of safety to return to proximity to the potential threat), walked right by the perp with one gun in his hand, went behind the counter (back to a place of comparative safety), switched guns, then came back to the immediate proximity to the wounded (or dead) perp (once again, went from a place of comparative safety TOWARD proximity to the threat) and emptied the gun into him, executioner style.

Understandable? Perhaps. Lawful self defense? Not a chance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
woulda helped if the dead kid had a gun too.  he didn't either before or after he was shot

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 09:02:44 AM »
Not the way I'd do it, but I wouldn't put him behind bars for his fine service to the public, were I on the jury.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »
thats a good way to put it.  would you hire him?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 09:27:03 AM »
thats a good way to put it.  would you hire him?

I don't know anything about him beyond his "public service." 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
This one got nasty fast.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”