Author Topic: Two American soldiers killed at Frankfurt airport  (Read 3662 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Two American soldiers killed at Frankfurt airport
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/8357380/Frankfurt-airport-shooting-two-dead.html

Two American soldiers were shot and killed today at the Frankfurt airport. German police have arrested a suspected shooter.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Two American soldiers killed at Frankfurt airport
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »

Two American soldiers were shot and killed today at the Frankfurt airport. German police have arrested a suspected shooter.

I have a feeling this will not end well.

RIP, guys.  Save a round for the rest of us.    =|
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »
I want to write something, but the proper sentiment eludes me. :'( :mad:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 01:58:06 PM »
Heartfelt sympathy to the victims - you guys should've been safe there.  =(

I've been through the Frankfurt airport a couple of times on my way to Africa - once when it was still considered to be in West Germany. Customs checks for aircraft coming from the USA were cursory back then - hold up a US passport and they waved you through. I remember the airport proper as being big, crowded, lots of counters for odd little airlines from places you wouldn't want to go (e.g., Iran Air), limited seating outside the gate area, no such thing as a "No-Smoking" area, a McDonald's, a sex shop (  :O ) . . . and lots of armed guards walking around in pairs, at least one of which always had what looked like an H&K MP5 slung over his shoulder.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:43:28 PM »
Don't they have gun control over there?  This should have been impossible.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/02/shots-fired-bus-carrying-soldiers-germany/

A source tells Fox News that the shooter yelled "Allah Akbar" when opening fire on the U.S. military personnel. He then dropped his gun at the scene, ran into the terminal and was subdued.

Sound familiar?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/02/shots-fired-bus-carrying-soldiers-germany/

Sound familiar?

Obviously some Tea Partier who looked at one too many of Sarah Palin's maps and was angry over Obamacare.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 07:22:41 PM »
Obviously some Tea Partier who looked at one too many of Sarah Palin's maps and was angry over Obamacare.

You're probably right.....it's not as if a member of the Religion of Peace would do anything violent towards US Military personnel.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:51 PM »
I have a feeling this will not end well.

Unless you can raise the dead, there's no way it can end well.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »
Well, looks like Johnny Jihad had an internet presence. So you grow up in the west but you're a devout muslim at holy war with the infidels. Okay. Would those be the same infidels that kept your ancesteral country from being ethnically cleansed by the Serbs?  Ahh, gratitude.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »
Hey, if we just go around the world helping out Muslims in places like Bosnia and Kosovo at the expense of their Christian neighbors (and actually shoot at the Christians), I am sure the Muslims around the world will see that and have warm & fuzzy feelings toward us.

Maybe we ought to try that sometime?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
Hey, if we just go around the world helping out Muslims in places like Bosnia and Kosovo at the expense of their Christian neighbors (and actually shoot at the Christians), I am sure the Muslims around the world will see that and have warm & fuzzy feelings toward us.

Maybe we ought to try that sometime?

I was there.  No Kosovo Muslims shot at me, and none were hostile to the US, unless a HMMWV ran over their goat.  There were more US flags in Kosovo than I see in the US.  If multiple flags were present, the Kosovar flag was usually but not always first, and the US flag always, ALWAYS came before everyone else.  No one put a UN flag before the US, ever. 

Locals did regularly narc out fundamentalists and regularly gave us heads up.  More than one local told me not to go to a specific place because of mines/UXO.  They could have easily let me blow my feet off and laugh about it.  And extremist mosques were pretty rare.  One happy wonderland?  Nope.  It's a crappy third world country that defines political turmoil and corruption.   But few Muslims there hate us, and it's helped out in the region.  With Muslims everywhere?  Nope.  But it's not like anyone basically cares about the region.

And the Serbs were not exactly fluffy innocents, dude.  Not saying the Muslims in the region were either.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 12:33:44 PM »
Well, looks like Johnny Jihad had an internet presence. So you grow up in the west but you're a devout muslim at holy war with the infidels. Okay. Would those be the same infidels that kept your ancesteral country from being ethnically cleansed by the Serbs?  Ahh, gratitude.
I can't help but be reminded of the fable of the frog and the scorpion.

http://www.aesopfables.com/cgi/aesop1.cgi?4&TheScorpionandtheFrog
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »
RevDisk:

Roger that.

My snarky point was more along the lines of, "Stay out of *expletive deleted*it storms that are not our business.  No one will remember the help, only the sleights."

My thought on the Balkans was we ought to have initiated an arms imbroglio, where everyone is invited willy-nilly to toss in arms & munitions and let THEM sort it out.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »
[quote author=roo_ster

My snarky point was more along the lines of, "Stay out of *expletive deleted*it storms that are not our business.  No one will remember the help, only the sleights."

[/quote]

What about sunnistorms? Do we have to stay out of them too?  =D