Author Topic: How's you hair?  (Read 3658 times)

dws1117

How's you hair?
« on: April 10, 2005, 07:01:38 PM »
How many are hair impaired?

I didn't have a chance. almost every male in my family was bald by the time they were out of high school. I got lucky. My hair stayed untill about age 27. When it started going I just acceppted that little fact of life. I've worn my hair cut really short ever since. No comb overs, no hair pieces, or spray on stuff.

The good: wash hair with a wash rag in about 30 seconds. Cut my own hair in the bathroom with clippers and No. 2 guide. Saves money.

The bad: Sunburn! A peeling head kind of stinks.

onions!

How's you hair?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 09:19:41 PM »
Same here.Finally started shaving what's left last summer.

mtnbkr

• friend
How's you hair?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 02:50:22 AM »
Thick and luxurious here.  I have to have a haircut every 3 weeks because it grows so fast.

Both of my grandfathers were bald by middle age.  My mom's dad was bald as a cueball by his 30s.  I dunno when my paternal grandfather's hair took a vacation, but he was bald by his 40s.  I'm 31 and haven't lost any.  My dad is in his 50s and other than some thinning at the temples, still has a headful.  

When mine gets thin enough to see scalp, I'm shaving my head.  I have lots of scars on my scalp (dog attack, childhood accidents, etc).  It's gonna be real interesting. Cheesy

Chris

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
How's you hair?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:26:05 AM »
I'm 31 and got long thick hair approx 1/3 way down my back. My dad started to thin really bad in his late 20's, my younger brother is 29 and getting really thin all over and the baby brother is 27 with really thick hair. Dad's father was bald before 30, Mom's Dad had widow peaks only in his 60's before he passed away.

So I guess its a crap shot how long I keep my hair.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
How's you hair?
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 05:35:10 AM »
Every male on my dad's side is bald. On my mom's side, it runs anywhere from lots of hair, to my grandpa, who was in that limbo between bald and not bald. He lived to 90, and was thin on top as long as I knew him, but never truly bald.

I appear to take after that grandpa. The last few years I've been doing the number 1 buzzcut thing. Last week I bought myself a Headblade and shaved the noggin for the first time. Still haven't decided which I like better. I just know I will NEVER be a comb-over guy or one of those bald on top ponytail guys. Smiley

edited to add:
The bad: Sunburn! A peeling head kind of stinks.
Oh yeah, for those who need a gauge, the sunburned head is your first sign that you're traveling down that long road to hair impairment. That first day that I realized the pain on my head was sunburn was a sad day indeed. Almost as sad as the first day in my life that I applied sunblock to the top of my head... Sad  Cheesy
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sean Smith

How's you hair?
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 06:10:17 AM »
You can inherit baldness from either side of the family, but it is more common to get it from your mother's side of the family.

So far, so good for my head at 32.  Cheesy

one45auto

How's you hair?
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 06:12:31 AM »
I'm in a similar situation. The men in my family have always had issues with their hair and mine started thinning when I was in my early twenties. I personally ignore it, but it does bother me that most people assume my use of hats is caused by self-consciousness. It isn't. I only started wearing a hat outdoors back in 95' when I caught a nasty sunburn which made showering painful for days, and as anyone whose hair is less than thick can attest, in the winter all it takes is one blast of icy air across your bare skull to make you shiver - no matter how warmly you're dressed.

As an earlier poster mentioned I, too, keep mine trimmed short. I got a Wahl clipper set for Christmas about thirteen years or so ago and have never looked back. It not only saves me money on barber fees, but it's an easy style to maintain and I don't have to spend hours in front of the mirror trying to get it right. I just clip, shower, and go. Easy. Wink
"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another."

~ H.L. Mencken

"I've never killed a man, but I've read many an obituary with a great deal of satisfaction."

~ Mark Twain

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
How's you hair?
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 05:46:54 PM »
How's my hair?

It's fine.  I see it every day.  It stays on my brush or falls into the sink.

For a while, I figured I'd just have the same monk's ring my dad started in his early 20's.  But I'm almost 20 years older when mine started to depart.  It's doing a lot better now since I started using Rogain. I use the same hairdresser as my wife, and she's the one who remarked on the visible regrowth.  Cool. Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Standing Wolf

• friend
How's you hair?
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 06:08:40 PM »
The hair on my head is fine. My eye lashes keep ending up in my eyes at the rate of two or three a day. My eye brows are turning bushy. My ears are sprouting hair. I've got cat hair all over everything in the house.

I'm having lots more fun in my second childhood than the first.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

mack

• Yeah...that's me...
    • IllinoisCarry
How's you hair?
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 09:29:21 AM »
Fairly thick full head of hair @ 49 except the top back is starting to thin out...though it started turning salt and pepper around 32. No baldies in the family that I know of, dad's hair is full and thick but thinning on top back of head. Brothers hair thick and full also...We all seem to be showing a bit more forehead these days tho.....
"The defense of our liberties is first at the ballot box, then the soap box, then the jury box and failing all else, the cartridge box"

TMM

• friend
How's you hair?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 11:02:42 AM »
come from a family with pretty good hair. grampa still has a full head of hair...

i just started tieing mine back in a ponytail. me likes it.

~TMM

Jason

How's you hair?
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 01:30:59 PM »
I was born with a full head of hair, and the men on my Dad's side all have full heads of hair. For some weird reason, it never grays until their 70's.

I myself with I could take a pill and make it stop growing. I buzz it every two weeks.

Penman

How's you hair?
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
Still got it, but not as much as before. My brother is ten years older, and I look at him and see what's down the road for me...

Unisaw

• friend
How's you hair?
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 06:03:32 PM »
46 years old and I have very thick hair that must be cut every 3-1/2 weeks.  My dad is in his 70s and still has incredibly thick hair.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

ChristineMonta

Re: How's you hair?
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 01:23:23 AM »
I have short hairs, with thin volume and even not so good texture. I am looking for some good hair conditioner that would improve texture of my hairs.
Sig line spammer.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
Spammer thread resurrected by spammer? WHAT ARE YOU A WIZARD?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 01:28:09 AM »
I am looking for some good hair conditioner that would improve texture of my hairs.

Aren't we all.

Fitz, if she was a wizard, she would just make her own magic hair potion, or cast a spell or something.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 06:56:18 AM »

And one with hair.

:rofl:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 07:49:08 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »

ChristineMonta

Nope.... She's a WITCH!  BURRRRRN HER!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 10:51:45 AM »
Since the OP, my hair has all grown back and I now look like Fabio.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 11:55:18 AM »
Since the OP, my hair has all grown back and I now look like Fabio.

Well I cut all my hair off in 2006 when I got married, short hair lasted about a year. So in winter of 2007 I decided to grow it back and my hair is down to my waist currently.

So I'm that soon to be 40 year old with a long ass ponytail.

Uranus is a gas giant.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »
Well I cut all my hair off in 2006 when I got married, short hair lasted about a year. So in winter of 2007 I decided to grow it back and my hair is down to my waist currently.

So I'm that soon to be 40 year old with a long ass ponytail.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »
Ah, adblock.    I only had to look at that picture for the few seconds it took me to block it.   Thank God.    Now where's the brain bleach.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »

I got more hair on top and I don't have a guitar hero toy, just an old acoustic.

Uranus is a gas giant.