Author Topic: When you wonder if they can sink any lower, they demonstrate they can  (Read 3664 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/11/13/virginia-man-claims-peta-kidnapped-euthanized-family-chihuahua/

An Accomack County, Virginia man says that PETA employees came onto his property and stole his family’s beloved chihuahua. Days later PETA representatives came to his home and told him the dog had been euthanized.

According to WAVY.com, Wilbur Cerate noticed Maya missing one Saturday in October when she failed to greet him when he arrived home. “My chihuahua, when she sees my car, she come to me,” Cerate said. “That Saturday she did not come.”

He said the dog, which was well cared for and has a good home, brought comfort to his daughter, who moved to the area from Mexico.

When Cerate checked his security camera, the video revealed that a van with “PETA” on the side had backed into his driveway and two women got out. One of the women walked onto his porch, grabbed Maya, and put her in the back of the van.

Three days later, the two women from PETA were back — with a fruit basket. They told the family that poor Maya had been euthanized.

I'm pretty sure it was not the "People Eating Tasty Animals" group - they don't say things like "euthanized" so much as they say "roasted".

There's a really bad joke rattling around in the back of my head about someone showing up with a fruit basket.  It may come to me some morning around 3 AM.  If/when that happens I will not be sharing it.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dogmush

• friend
Re: When you wonder if they can sink any lower, they demonstrate they can
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 04:58:20 PM »
I truly don't know what I would do if someone came to my house with a fruit basket and told me they had killed my dog.

moral and ethical would be having a rousing argument with legal in my internal voice.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »
I truly don't know what I would do if someone came to my house with a fruit basket and told me they had killed my dog.

moral and ethical would be having a rousing argument with legal in my internal voice.

Contact the police to report hostile trespassers that already murdered your dog and you're worried about your safety.

And a lawyer to file a civil lawsuit against PETA.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »

Let's just say I would hope there's a pineapple for each of them in that basket.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
 Lot of places that would be a unique way to commit suicide.

There are two legitimate reasons for someone other than the owner to kill a dog-
  the dog is attacking livestock.
  the dog is attacking a human.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »
Let's just say I would hope there's a pineapple for each of them in that basket.

OMG!  That's the joke.  And it involved a monkey.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 07:36:12 PM »
Don't care about the breed of dog, myself.  If it were my dog, those two would be lucky to walk away.

I'd sure as hell record it and demand an explanation.  Then, it'd be off to court (assuming I didn't do something emotional and stupid, then it might be off to another kind of court....  [ar15]  =D
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 07:47:54 PM »
Contact the police to report hostile trespassers that already murdered your dog and you're worried about your safety.

And a lawyer to file a civil lawsuit against PETA.

Civil?

How about a criminal complaint against PETA and against the two women personally. Stealing another person's dog is theft, pure and simple. I don't know what a Chihuahua is valued at, but it could be worth enough to make the crime a felony offense. And killing his dog? They can call it "euthanized," but I'd be after them for cruelty to animals. There was no reason (apparently) to steal and kill the man's dog.

I would want to have a VERY serious discussion with the prosecutor who declined to prosecute. Since when are larceny and animal cruelty mens rea crimes? Who cares what their "intent" was? THEY STOLE THE MAN'S DOG AND KILLED IT.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:52:25 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »
Buddy says everyone needs an AR and a backhoe. Just saying.

Someone stole my Lab pup 30yrs ago. If I were sure who the perp was, I'd have no qualms breaking some bones. But I would have to be sure.
But away from the hypothetical: in case at hand, I'd be raising holy hell with the prosecutor then the media.
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »
I had a dog stolen once I took solace in hoping they wanted her and took care of her.   But come back tell me you killed one of mine? Jesus couldn't save you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 10:10:52 PM »
How did such a despicable act serve their Cause?  I can find no trace of reason in this.  Can someone explain?
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
Someone needs to teach that prosecutor a little respect. 
"It's good, though..."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 12:49:19 AM »
Someone needs to teach that prosecutor a little respect. 

Indeed.  'No criminal intent'?  There's plenty of laws you can still be charged under with no criminal intent.  Going by PETA's track record, they stole that dog specifically to kill it.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 04:41:03 AM »
How did such a despicable act serve their Cause?  I can find no trace of reason in this.  Can someone explain?
They don't want people to have pets, they believe that pets suffer horrendously as human companions, so they're really doing them a favor by euthanizing them.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »
They don't want people to have pets, they believe that pets suffer horrendously as human companions, so they're really doing them a favor by euthanizing them.
Heh.

Maybe next time one of the rats die we should send out invitations to the funeral pyre. This way they can show up and celebrate his release from my wifes oppression.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »
 :mad:I don't think I'd kill them...

but I would almost certainly end up in jail if that happened to me.

And the prosecutor is a joke. I can believe he hadn't enough evidence to prosecute, but lack of criminal intent is not the reason. Those woman went on private property and stole a dog. That's criminal.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
If someone were to look into the associations of that "prosecutor", it wouldn't surprise me that he turned out to be a PETA member.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »
:mad:I don't think I'd kill them...

but I would almost certainly end up in jail if that happened to me.

And the prosecutor is a joke. I can believe he hadn't enough evidence to prosecute, but lack of criminal intent is not the reason. Those woman went on private property and stole a dog. That's criminal.

But there's nothing in it for him; she'd just get jail time and no fine.  It's much more profitable prosecuting drugs cases and DUI's.
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »
But there's nothing in it for him; she'd just get jail time and no fine.  It's much more profitable prosecuting drugs cases and DUI's.

what kind of red blooded American man, even if he personally prefers cats, doesn't want to destroy two nasty bitches who killed a little girls dog?

a panty waisted libtard with greed in his heart, that's what kind of man.

*grumble grumble*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
what kind of red blooded American man, even if he personally prefers cats, doesn't want to destroy two nasty bitches who killed a little girls dog?
The kind with less balls than your average dog.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
I can't post what I would do if that happened to Dozer, because I'm not really sure, but I can say that I'd probably end up in jail.  :mad:
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »
You could bet if they took a police dog and euthanized it, the prosecutor would be all over it.  ;/
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 04:09:18 PM »
This is why I prefer dogs big enough that anyone attempting to steal them will just be saving me a couple days worth of dog food.  Guess I should see if the rott breeder in the next town over ever found an ovcharka to breed with her unpapered bitch.  Good luck stealing the offspring of that union.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
The kind with less balls than your average neutered dog.

that's better.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 06:12:41 PM »
I don't understand this, on a practical level. Does PETA just have volunteers driving around in rape vans stealing dogs to kill? Not that I doubt that they would want to, it just seems like the sort of thing you'd hear more about.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.