Author Topic: Fortress safe recall  (Read 3674 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Fortress safe recall
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2023, 03:28:58 PM »
Strange, I'm getting an error trying to post something here:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@armedpolitesociety.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Looks like your post violated some rules in the ModSecurity plugin.  Can you describe generally what was in it?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2023, 02:03:30 AM »
My small safe has both a combination lock and a 4 bladed key. The combo is a bit strange and even with the combo in hand, it can take a few tries to get right.

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2023, 02:05:22 AM »
The sticker deters thieves cause who want's a Kel-Tec, besides me and millions of other idiots?
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2023, 04:38:34 PM »
Family is suing
And a hint how the kid opened the safe if true

The Prestons sued the manufacturer, alleging the safe can appear to indicate that a fingerprint has been properly recorded when it has not. That leaves the safe unlocked to anyone who touches the fingerprint scanner.

"The default position for this safe is to be unlocked," said the Preston’s attorney, William Sykes. "For example, if someone attempts to scan their fingerprint and the scan doesn’t work, instead of locking the product, it unlocks the product, which is extremely scary."

Family claims gun safe was defective in seeking justice for 12-year-old son who shot himself
https://www.wral.com/story/family-sues-gun-safe-maker-after-son-s-death/21169931/

Family Sues Safe Manufacturer After Death of 12-Year-Old
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/11/28/family-sues-safe-n77760

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes