Author Topic: Republican debate  (Read 4006 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Republican debate
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »
I worked late and did not get home in time to see the Republican debate. How was it?  Any surprises or notable comments?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: Republican debate
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
Romney did very well. It was essentially him and Perry.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »
Romney did very well. It was essentially him and Perry.
I'm watching the rebroadcast now.  Romney and Perry are pretty much the only ones allowed to talk.
"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 05:30:03 AM »
Yes it was more or less the Mitt Perry show. Nothing really unexpected said or put out there.

I really don't think anyone gained or lost ground off of this one.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »
Afterwards Chris Matthews was talking to one of them; I think it was Rick Santorum.  He wanted to know why none of the candidates brought up evolution.  Santorum told him that Matthew's guys chose the topics and asked the questions, and Santorum only got about 3 or 4 questions the whole night anyway.  Matthews was like "why didn't you just ignore the questions and talk something you wanted to talk about... like evolution?"   [barf]

I stayed up way too late last night watching this crap.
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:03:10 PM »
There was so much smug good hair in center-stage.  And fake smiles.

I felt like Ray Wise was trying to make a deal for my soul.

I don't trust the two obvious favorites.  At all.

Perry will be OK with Amnesty.

Romney will be OK with Obamacare.

Both are patently, obviously "for sale."

Debate is on youtube in 3 parts.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZ-XuHjBAA
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMjwVVkFl4g
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLKGvMkDXM
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
My previously low levels of optimism have sunk to record lows.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
My previously low levels of optimism have sunk to record lows.
I share your fear and pain.

Slick, smarmy, and slimy!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »
Governor Goodhair vs. Governor Flipflop.  (all the real candidates were just there to provide occasional comic relief)
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »
Governor Goodhair vs. Governor Flipflop.  (all the real candidates were just there to provide occasional comic relief)

Perry at least seems to make convincing changes when the constituency demands it.

If my choice is between the two of them, I'd pick Perry, because there's at least a chance he can be steered.
I promise not to duck.

Rosalyn

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »
It does really seem like it will either be Romney or Perry. I think Bachman is slipping and Republicans won't vote for Paul. As for the rest of them, I don't know why they were there. I think they need to reduce the invitees to four or less for the next debates. Gingrich seems to be following the Palin route and constantly bringing up the 'Gotcha questions' and how the MSM is out to pit them against each other and make Obama look good. I mean, I get it already but we need to see them 'debate' rather than badmouth Obama. I want to see each contender separate themselves from the others and I think Perry and Romney did that with their takes on social security.
Rosalyn - I can't wait until black friday sales

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
On a positive note... I did notice that Romney and Perry were "center stage."   [barf]

But... Bachman and Paul were both right next to Romney and Perry.  All the other candidates were on the outside of those four.

Paul has made enough noise that he is not being treated as the crazy uncle that gets seated at the kid's table for weddings and funerals, anymore.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 10:53:58 AM »
Romney.  Perry.

Perry.  Romney.

Come 2013 it won't matter who is in the White House unless he/she can muster the courage to do the right thing--and in the face of an America that is, in my view, terminally divided culturally.  I am not holding my breath.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »
Yes it was more or less the Mitt Perry show. Nothing really unexpected said or put out there.

I really don't think anyone gained or lost ground off of this one.

True....I listened to it on radio instead of watching it....and it seemed like the panel focused mainly on Romney, Perry, and Bachmann....they just gave "throw-away" questions to the rest....and Gingrich was just a total embarassment (yes, Newt....the primaries ARE the time for Republicans to disagree with each other....even though you'd just rather have the GOP RINOS coronate their candidate without a public vote....  ;/ )

Saddest part was that Cain was the ONLY candidate who actually proposed a specific plan (the 9-9-9 Plan)....and he's the one least likely to get the GOP blessing....  :facepalm:

I expect that, by the end of October, it'll be a three-person race....and by February, the GOP will batter Bachmann out of the race....although the big wild card now is to see who Palin throws her support network to.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »
There really needs to be a third party...one with sane, normal people involved in it....people who really want to do what is best for the US for the next 100 years...and not, what is best for them for the next 4 years.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
There really needs to be a third party...one with sane, normal people involved in it....people who really want to do what is best for the US for the next 100 years...and not, what is best for them for the next 4 years.

....And their first POTUS candidate will get RFK'd before the election even happens....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.