Author Topic: Republican Majority Caves Again  (Read 1507 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Republican Majority Caves Again
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:03:03 PM »
Passed a budget full of Dem goodies. Also funny how when the Dems want to have a government shutdown, hey, it's all good.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9572/republicans-cave-budget-again-here-are-5-programs-aaron-bandler#

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Republican Majority Caves Again
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 06:37:47 AM »
This has become such expected behavior, if it didn't happen, then we would be truly surprised.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:24:14 AM »
You write that as if those weren't things that GOP lawmakers were OK with.

Everything on that list either consolidates power in Washington, or uses federal dollars to reinforce the notion that only the Fed.gov can solve problems, and state and local governments can't help a citizen.

Both of those ends are supported by the Republicans in congress. The actual mechanisms used to consolidate that power are, literally, unimportant to them.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 10:04:59 AM »
And the GOP establishment wonders why Trump beat 16 of "their" people for the nomination . . .  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »
I really ought to research the final days of the Whig party and how it collapsed.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 10:21:19 AM »

Perzactly.

And the GOP establishment wonders why Trump beat 16 of "their" people for the nomination . . .  :facepalm:

GOPe and their neocon butt-boys thought they could buffalo Americans indefinitely.  When the con no longer works, the con gets angry and upset.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »

I had high hopes during the partial shutdown where they looked like they were growing a spine.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 11:54:40 AM »
Caving is what they do.  I hope no one is surprised.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 12:11:23 PM »
Not surprised but a little disappointed. I was looking forward to a couple days off.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »
When you figure out that the only purpose of the (R) party is to damper the progress of the left it'll all make sense.
They have never been for 'smaller government' or more personal freedoms, they only serve to slow the left, never push back.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 10:56:27 AM »

Cruz isn't establishment.  The GOP congress hates him more than Trump.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 11:44:17 AM »
Just heard this morning that mitch mcconnel pulled the GOP's support money from Sen. Ron Johnson's (R-WI) re-election campaign. Apparantly he thinks Ron is going to lose to Feingold, and/or Feingold is going to be less of a thorn in mcconnel's rino side than Johnson.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Republican Majority Caves Again
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 03:02:25 PM »
Just heard this morning that mitch mcconnel pulled the GOP's support money from Sen. Ron Johnson's (R-WI) re-election campaign. Apparantly he thinks Ron is going to lose to Feingold, and/or Feingold is going to be less of a thorn in mcconnel's rino side than Johnson.
Establishment statists gotta stick together......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.