Author Topic: Caption needed!  (Read 5265 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Caption needed!
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 06:40:09 AM »
I've trapped both Beavers and Woodchucks and its a beaver. Its too dark colored for an Iowan Woodchuck and this picture was taken in Iowa. 

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »
It's tail sure looks weird for a beaver.  Usually they keep their tails flat on the ground or nearly so.

We had beavers right near one of our logging camps where we lived for several summers.  The guy that worked for me would drag logs too big for a beaver to move (on land) into the ponds.  The beavers would then happily float them over to their dam and install them. 

It got to where the beavers would swim over looking for their logs every time we walked by  (welfare beavers  rolleyes ).  They were never afraid of us unless we started whispering and acting sneaky.  Just clomp along and yack in a normal voice and they would swim right up to us.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »
woodchuck:

beaver:
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
Beaver:

Edit to add: Broken link, but the previous post nailed it.

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!