Author Topic: How many of you will be taking notes for your own obit?  (Read 679 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
How many of you will be taking notes for your own obit?
« on: August 24, 2012, 05:38:02 AM »
http://www.mandatory.com/2012/07/17/the-strangest-obituaries-ever-written/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl26%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D196226#photo=17

There are just too many to pick only one as a favorite.  As a matter of fact, one was cribbed almost word for word by someone else, which I guess is high praise indeed.

Dare you consider what your family will write about you?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: How many of you will be taking notes for your own obit?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:20:34 AM »
My obit will consist of one line...

"He's dead, Jim!"

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »
That's pretty winning. Maybe be buried in a red shirt....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
My obit will consist of one line...

"He's dead, Jim!"

Short and to the point.   Funny, too.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
Hmm... Maybe a bunch of clues to a treasure, that just turns out to be a geocache of some old gum.  =D
I promise not to duck.