Author Topic: Georgia shooting range robbed, three dead.  (Read 955 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Georgia shooting range robbed, three dead.
« on: April 09, 2022, 11:23:02 AM »
~40 guns reported stolen
Looks like it occurred after hours

Police in Grantville responded to the Lock Stock & Barrel Shooting Range at about 8 p.m., where they found the bodies of the range’s owner, his wife and their grandson. The range had also been robbed of “approximately 40 weapons” and a digital camera, the Grantville Police Department wrote on Facebook.
3 dead, 40 weapons stolen after robbery at Georgia shooting range
https://www.wkbn.com/news/national-world/3-dead-40-weapons-stolen-after-robbery-at-georgia-shooting-range/

GBI, ATF investigating triple homicide in Grantville
https://times-herald.com/news/2022/04/three-dead-in-suspected-gun-range-robbery

Georgia 2A Range Robbed: THIS Is Why We Carry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP0f0diVsR0
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 12:11:14 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Georgia shooting range robbed, three dead.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 12:05:23 PM »
Messed up situation, I hope they catch the scum that did it.

On a side note, how long before this gets blamed on constitutional carry?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 01:48:19 PM »
They stole the video tapes as well. This is why my stuff gets FTPed to my site in 5 minute chunks (motion activated, not continuous); you can steal EVERYTHING in my place and we will STILL have you on "tape"!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 04:13:51 PM »
They stole the video tapes as well. This is why my stuff gets FTPed to my site in 5 minute chunks (motion activated, not continuous); you can steal EVERYTHING in my place and we will STILL have you on "tape"!
Reminds me of the time a guy had a "bad" interaction with a nasty cop - cop grabbed his dashcam and tried to confiscate/erase the video, but the guy just kept telling the bad cop "It was uploaded to a secure location." Which it was. Bad cop, no donut, and (soon) no job.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 01:16:09 AM »

Mine go to the cloud and also to local storage almost immediately.  The cameras are all motion activated and have overlapping coverage.  i.e., you can't get to any camera without first being caught by at least one other camera.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 09:07:03 AM »
When I worked at the gunshop and range back in the 1990s the idiot who owned the place absolutely refused to let employees carry on the job. Said it wasn't necessary because "I've got multiple cameras and video tape blah blah blah."

Guy walked off with a range Glock after a shooting session. Still not sure exactly how it happened, but when the cops showed up it turns out that the video system and cameras? Window dressing. ahole was lying to us. The system had been broken for months and he was simply too cheap to fix it.

One guy immediately quit, right in the middle of his shift. The rest of us said screw you, you can fire us, but we're carrying guns on the floor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 09:10:37 AM »
That really escalated. Gun shop robberies in my state used to be someone ramming their hooptie through the front door in the middle of the night then smash and grab anything they could.
I guess the practice of putting concrete pillars in front to shops necessitated a change in tactics.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 10:34:45 AM »

Good idea but it only works if your internet is operable.  Cut your internet connection and they can steal the hard drive of the recording computer and no video evidence is available.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 12:28:12 PM »
My theory is former employee(s). Knew the routine, knew the video system, and shooting the old boss was a bonus.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 01:41:33 PM »
Suspect arrested

Suspect Arrested and Charged in Georgia Gun Store Robbery Triple Murder
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/suspect-arrested-and-charged-in-georgia-gun-store-robbery-triple-murder/

BREAKING: One in custody in Hawk family homicide
https://times-herald.com/news/2022/04/breaking-one-in-custody-in-hawk-family-homicide

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 04:00:31 PM »
Well, that is a poster boy for the death penalty.   Hopefully!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2022, 05:40:36 PM »
I am curious if they were armed. 

I heard some commentary about it and the speaker made to the point to his audience that there isn't anywhere that is safe no matter how out of the way your location is.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge