Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 4015 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2024, 06:46:18 PM »
Trump Promises If Elected He Will Ban Taylor Swift From Football Games
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-promises-if-elected-he-will-ban-taylor-swift-from-football-games

Swift is a witch - & I can prove it, if her BF's team wins the SuperBowl, it is one of her spells.
If they lose, it absolutely proves she's a witch.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2024, 06:48:38 PM »
Swift is a witch - & I can prove it, if her BF's team wins the SuperBowl, it is one of her spells.
If they lose, it absolutely proves she's a witch.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2024, 08:52:28 PM »
Her success means she might be a witch.  Dunk her for fifteen minutes.  If she drowns, she wasn't a witch.  If she lives, she was a witch, so burn her.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2024, 01:16:21 PM »
I'd vote for her over Biden...

I wonder how many people she employs?
Blog under construction

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2024, 01:52:38 PM »
Trump Promises If Elected He Will Ban Taylor Swift From Football Games
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-promises-if-elected-he-will-ban-taylor-swift-from-football-games

Sorry, that's not enough to get me to start watching football.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2024, 01:56:18 PM »
I'd vote for her over Biden...

I wonder how many people she employs?

According to the always trusty internet she will soon be coming out in support of Biden
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2024, 02:03:56 PM »
Her advisors would be smart to tell her to stay the hell out of politics.  They carefully assess the proportion of people you would piss off.  And it seems that percentage may change on a day-to-day basis.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2024, 02:05:52 PM »
According to the always trusty internet she will soon be coming out in support of Biden

It isn't the first time. Doesn't the GOP/non-MSM have more pressing issues to deal with other than who is endorsing Biden? Just wondering out loud. ;)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/taylor-swift-endorses-joe-biden-president-n1242483

bob

ETA: and now I feel even more diminished because this is the 2nd time I have posted on a Taylor Swift thread, damn you Ben!!!!!  ;)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2024, 02:11:39 PM »
ETA: and now I feel even more diminished because this is the 2nd time I have posted on a Taylor Swift thread, damn you Ben!!!!!  ;)

Happy to be of service.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2024, 02:36:12 PM »
It isn't the first time. Doesn't the GOP/non-MSM have more pressing issues to deal with other than who is endorsing Biden? Just wondering out loud. ;)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/taylor-swift-endorses-joe-biden-president-n1242483

bob

Everyone online is trying to ride the wave of public interest and do videos or articles on whatever brings in the views/clicks.  I always figured that was why all the daily conservative radio shows would focus on whatever was big in D.C.  It was news that was easy to access and there was always something new.  Other issues probably require more knowledge and more research/work to talk about.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2024, 05:07:26 PM »
Her advisors would be smart to tell her to stay the hell out of politics.  They carefully assess the proportion of people you would piss off.  And it seems that percentage may change on a day-to-day basis.

Yeah, it's too late. If I remember right, she was apolitical at first, but was shamed into taking a side some years ago. (Or threatened; I don't know how it works.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2024, 05:17:13 PM »
Enter the Babylon Bee:

https://babylonbee.com/news/conservatives-uncover-democrat-plot-to-turn-taylor-swift-into-an-international-pop-star-and-the-kansas-city-chiefs-into-a-dynasty-so-swift-could-date-a-chiefs-player-and-leverage-the-collecti

I don't get the joke. They're saying that's too far-fetched? Sounds like a joke headline from 5 years ago, when stuff like that sounded ridiculous.

Perhaps they've never heard of the 2019 NATO Cooperative Cyber Defense Center of Excellence conference.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2024, 05:43:56 PM »
The real question is if Kelce wins will she cost herself billions by finally putting out a decent BJ and thus derailing a never ending revenue stream of breakup songs.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2024, 06:07:19 PM »
Yeah, it's too late. If I remember right, she was apolitical at first, but was shamed into taking a side some years ago. (Or threatened; I don't know how it works.)

This is what I recall as well. I suppose you could call it a business decision, since "coming out" with a leftist stance would resonate with a majority of her fan base.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2024, 10:57:38 PM »
A few years ago Swift did make a charming music video ridiculing Christians with traditional sexual morality.

Stunning and brave.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2024, 01:49:15 PM »
I guess my tinfoil lid is just a little too tight, as I find it odd that some on the right (the Babylon Bee & Ben Shapiro) are taking pains to strawman and mock the conspiracy theories about Taylor Swift & her boyfriend. It's probably the tamest and most believable conspiracy theory I can think of, but they seem to be purposely exaggerating it into some years-long narrative, with conspirators creating two celebrities, ex nihilo, just to sell vaccines or win an election (depending on which version of the theory we're talking about). Huh?

This is hardly the first time people have wondered if a celebrity relationship was really just a business arrangement, or that celebrities have been accused of doing what's politically expedient. So why all the fuss?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2024, 12:54:55 AM »
It’s hard to draw any concrete conclusions here, and as of now, I suspect that if there is a psyop here, it’s that there’s been a psyop to convince the public that large numbers of Republican voters believe Taylor Swift is a psyop.

https://thefederalist.com/2024/02/01/stop-trying-to-make-taylor-swift-is-a-psyop-happen/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2024, 09:00:14 AM »
So who's watching the Swifter Bowl?
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2024, 10:17:59 AM »
I'd be more likely to watch if it were actually the Swifter Bowl.  Taylor, for all her faults, is less criminal, degenerate, and all around reprehensible than the NFL.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2024, 02:23:41 PM »
I'd be more likely to watch if it were actually the Swifter Bowl.  Taylor, for all her faults, is less criminal, degenerate, and all around reprehensible than the NFL.

And much better looking, too.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2024, 09:03:00 AM »

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2024, 09:05:54 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2024, 09:17:11 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2024, 11:51:58 AM »
    The Chiefs will win the super bowl so that they make their White House appearance to meet the president and for Taylor Swift to endorse Joe Biden while visiting.
    — Nate Kent 𝕏 (@PerrodinNathan) January 31, 2024

WHOA: Adjust Your Tinfoil Because THIS Tweet Predicted the Super Bowl Nearly 2 WEEKS Before the Game
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/12/nate-kent-post-predicts-the-super-bowl-like-literally-n2392847

He had a 50/50 chance on the 1st point. On the 2nd we'll see
- Calvin and Hobbes