Author Topic: Four dead in mall shooting 65 miles north of Seattle  (Read 6132 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Four dead in mall shooting 65 miles north of Seattle
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:38:24 PM »
http://www.goskagit.com/news/local_news/four-confirmed-dead-in-cascade-mall-shooting/article_3818b5e3-3f25-5e68-9a7d-bb117e413a94.html

This is about 30 miles from me and is in Sumpnz's back yard.  A very whitebread area but the local town does have a Hispanic gang problem.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Four dead in mall shooting 65 miles north of Seattle
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:44:36 AM »
I was volunteering at a garage sale fund raiser and left a little after 7PM.  This would explain all the cops heading west on Hwy 20 about 7:15.
Formerly sumpnz

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:51:13 AM »
I hear the mall shooting industry is hurting from rising labor costs and has to resort to illegals, recent immigrants, and IH8-U visa holders from the middle east.

So sad that we cant pay good americans to shoot up mall patrons every month or so like they used to back in the 1950s.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 09:57:21 AM »
Latest information is that a Hispanic male carrying a hunting rifle with a sling shot five people in the makeup section of Macy's: four women and a male.  The male was airlifted to Harborview where he subsequently died.  Still no leads on the suspect and no other information on the victims.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:15:39 AM »
Sounds pretty targeted rather than the random spray of most mall shootings we hear about.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 11:11:37 AM »
Latest information is that a Hispanic male carrying a hunting rifle with a sling shot five people in the makeup section of Macy's: four women and a male.  The male was airlifted to Harborview where he subsequently died.  Still no leads on the suspect and no other information on the victims.

1. Some people are really, seriously opposed to animal testing.

2. If only assault slings were still banned...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »
I am SOOOOO disgusted by the current trend of the aw-thaw-rih-tays to immediately start running off at the mouth to claim that everything is okay after a mass shooting, even when they have no clue what's going on. This incident is a case in point:

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2016/09/23/authorities-4-dead-in-shooting-at-cascade-mall/

Authorities say the motive was unknown for the shooting about 60 miles (97 kilometers) north of Seattle.

The FBI was assisting local authorities as dozens of police officers searched for the suspect. The FBI’s Seattle office said on Twitter that it “has no information to suggest additional attacks planned” in Washington state but did not elaborate.

So we have five people dead, the shooter has not been captured or even identified, they have no idea what the motive was, but the FBI makes a statement that they have "no information to suggest additional attacks are planned." Okay, but they also have no information to suggest that additional attacks are NOT planned, so just STFU and do your job, idiot.

Oh, yes -- and there are five people dead but it wasn't terrorism -- even though we don't know who the shooter was or what his motive was.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

For those in the area: Is the Cascade Mall a gun-free zone, either by state law or by posting?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »
It would not be a gun free zone due to law but if like nearly every other mall in WA state it would be posted as such with a fairly inconspicuous sign at the entrances when it talks about mall rules. I can't be positive about that mall but the ones in Spokane are posted that way.

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 01:21:20 PM »
It is so posted.  I have been there and seen the signs.  I cannot think of any mall in the state that I have been to that does not have such signs; either at the entrance or in the rules of conduct posting.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
It is so posted.  I have been there and seen the signs.  I cannot think of any mall in the state that I have been to that does not have such signs; either at the entrance or in the rules of conduct posting.
Do those signs have the force of law behind them, or under WA law do they have to meet some specific requirements for size and verbiage?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 03:37:32 PM »
"Cammock said the shooter entered the mall, apparently without a gun but about 10 minutes later entered Macy's with a rifle and began shooting."

This indicates a higher level of pre planning- did he smuggle the rifle in some other way, or did someone else bring it in for him, through an employees entrance?

They have recovered the weapon, although there is no description.

If they want an ID, they should put up the video  as well as still photos- body movement can have a "tell" as much as a photo.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
Do those signs have the force of law behind them, or under WA law do they have to meet some specific requirements for size and verbiage?

WA state owns all of the gun laws here, the localities are very limited in what they can do. There is a very specific set of areas off limits to carrying a weapon, portions of a building used for court proceedings, restricted areas of jails, restricted access areas of a public mental health facility, portions of an establishment classified as off limits to persons under 21 years of age by the state liquor control board (bars) and restricted access areas of airports are among the areas off limits.

A mall, store or what ever can post what they want but they do not have the force of the law behind them. They will usually ask you to leave and if you refuse you can be trespassed.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

bob

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 04:36:53 PM »
North African is the new Hispanic.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »
Guy don't look Mexican to me. Hair is wrong and completion is odd.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 06:35:03 PM »
A mall, store or what ever can post what they want but they do not have the force of the law behind them. They will usually ask you to leave and if you refuse you can be trespassed.

Well, then, somebody screwed up. Why didn't they just ask him to leave?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »

NO 230RNS ALLOWED

Ooops, sorry.  Me go now.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »
My wife and I were just commenting on the video stills that show the perpetrator holding the rifle.  He is not wearing gloves, so there should be fingerprints.  Given that authorities have not released his name, he must not be in the system and there are no prints on record. 

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »
Local news is now reporting that the 20 year old suspect was captured alive in Oak Harbor.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 10:42:38 PM »
Just saw the news:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime/article/Burlington-mall-shooting-suspect-killed-5-9259163.php

I've seen two articles, and the first thing I noticed is that they conspicuously have NOT mentioned either his name or his ethnicity.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 10:45:10 PM »
http://www.king5.com/news/local/five-people-dead-in-cascade-mall-shooting-in-burlington/324940198

BURLINGTON, Wash. -- A 20-year-old man was arrested Saturday in the shooting at a Burlington mall that left five people dead.

The man was arrested in Oak Harbor before 7 p.m. Saturday, about 24 hours after the shooting at Cascade Mall that left four females and one male dead.

A highly-placed source tells KING 5 News that there is no apparent connection between the suspect and the victims, leading to the possibility this was a random attack.

A random mass shooting in Burlington, of all places.  Not a place that I would necessarily be carrying; and I have to ponder that.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »
Keep us updated this could fade from national news quickly.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 11:15:28 PM »
And here's what's wrong with what passes for "journalism" today -- from the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-washington-mall-shooting-20160924-snap-story.html

The first two paragraphs of this story do actually mention that a suspect has been arrested. It appears the entire rest of the article is just recycled material about the shooting itself. Remember -- this is supposed to be an article about the arrest of the suspect:

"We do not have an identity on the individual yet," said Lt. Chris Cammock, a spokesman for the Mount Vernon Police Department, which is assisting with the investigation. "We could certainly use the community's help."

If he's been arrested, haven't you identified him? How did the Oak Harbor police know who to arrest? But ... that quote was from much earlier, before the suspect was arrested. That's how we know the bulk of the article is just recycled verbiage from previous stories.

And then there's this:

Investigators said that though it was too early to ascribe a motive to the assault, there was no indication at this stage that the killings were an act of terrorism.

There is also no indication that it was NOT an act of terrorism, so shut your pie hole until you know something.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 11:25:30 PM »
And we have a name!

http://mynorthwest.com/400470/cascade-mall-shooting-burlington/

Arcan Cetin. I have no idea what kind of name that is. It could be Hispanic, but my late wife was a Latina, I've spent a lot of time in her native country, and I've never encountered a name like that. It could also be middle eastern. Stay tuned.

[Edit] And ... He's a Turkish Muslim.

http://100percentfedup.com/breaking-got-him-washington-mall-shooter-who-killed-5-arrested-motive-and-background/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 11:26:11 PM »
Just saw the USA today article with more pics. Looks middle eastern not Hispanic to me from the bad pics. I'm hoping we don't have a trend starting of quick one person hits starting to happen every week or so.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG