Author Topic: Gov Perry in a Legal CCH Shoot  (Read 9548 times)

red headed stranger

• friend
Re: Gov Perry in a Legal CCH Shoot
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »
This may have happened the way it says in the story.

However, it reads an awful lot like that story that ran in the Russian press about Putin killing a Tiger. 

Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
Perry should have hung the coyote in a tree to warn the others.  :P

That always works.   :P

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 10:46:35 AM »
If one was really armed specifically and only to dispatch snakes while jogging, wouldn't a revolver loaded with snake shot be preferable to a semiauto ?

I'm assuming he wasn't carrying snake shot in his Ruger because I wouldn't have confidence that it would cycle the action reliably.  Maybe one shot is all he needs. 

Of course, he might have been preparing for a wider group of desert contingencies.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »
Perry's security detail would let him get away by himself without someone close by to keep watch.

If the detail was hanging back a few hundred yards, it must have given them quite a start when they heard the gun fire.   =D

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »
Sure enough, the wackos are coming out of the woodwork  . . .  here's part of an exchange between Perry spokesman Mark Miner and one such group:

WildEarth Guardians, a wildlife protection group in Denver, offered to pay for a class in assertiveness training for Perry because of his “slaying of a song dog.” The group also offered the governor an alternative to the pistol.

“With all due respect to his manhood, 90-pound women in tennis shoes effectively scare 30-pound coyotes away with a sharp shout,” said group spokeswoman Wendy Keef­over-Ring in a news release. “We're sending Governor Perry a plastic whistle so he can leave his gun at home.”

Miner responded, “With a name like that (WildEarth Guardians) we're pleased that they're against us.”

Love Miner's response!!! =D

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6980864.html
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
I don't think Putin shot a tiger. I think he killed it with his bare hands.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:45:53 PM by Marnoot »

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »
However, it reads an awful lot like that story that ran in the Russian press about Putin killing a Tiger. 
FWIW, that was a misstatement. He killed a Tiger Tank. :P

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »
Sure enough, the wackos are coming out of the woodwork  . . .  here's part of an exchange between Perry spokesman Mark Miner and one such group:

Love Miner's response!!! =D

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6980864.html
I grew up in Texas and I have NEVER heard of coyotes referred to as "Song Dogs". 

What I have heard is that coyotes are one of many animals that can get rabies and if they are getting that close without running away, you may want to be careful. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
I grew up in Texas and I have NEVER heard of coyotes referred to as "Song Dogs". 

Around here, we call them "targets"  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 10:47:25 PM »
yep, and good ones. [popcorn]

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 01:43:54 AM »
What I have heard is that coyotes are one of many animals that can get rabies and if they are getting that close without running away, you may want to be careful.

Exactly; there are a lot of animals that I like, but if one comes up to me without being lured in over a period of time, I tend to use way too much gun on it.

Mom has a bunch of raccoons that eat table scraps, and will walk right up and tug on your pants leg if they think dinner is late, but if one does that somewhere else, it's getting shot.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »
Yup, same here.  Furthermore I'd like to know the brand and where he got it.  .380 anything is in short supply these parts.  I'm looking for HP .380 without going through the test phase.  Find what works for others and give it a spin.

For what gun? My P3AT will eat Federal Hydrashok and Speer gold dot's like nobody's business. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
Thanks for the pointers.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 08:37:44 PM »
Putin didn't kill the tiger.  He threw it into a well, made it slather lotion on it's skin, and then wore it's coat as underwear.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”