Author Topic: Another one of those civic literacy exams...  (Read 9467 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Another one of those civic literacy exams...
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
You answered 29 out of 33 correctly — 87.88 %

Did better than I thought I would. Two reasons for that, I think:

1.  The questions and answers were easy to interpret.
2.  I have become more interested in, and knowledgeable of, history, politics, law, the Constitution, and all of the other ingredients that make America since I've been participating at APS.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 08:01:57 AM »
I got 30 out of 33
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
tax per person equals government spending per person on average

That's a totally true but nonsensical observation.

Would still be true even if the govt took 100% of the property of 50% of the people and gave it to the other 50%.

That would be a mean average.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
31 out of 33

Missed the tax question and the Lincoln debate question.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »
Missed 3, the "what policy during a recession" the "of the people, by the people" one, and this one I misread...

Question: Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:
Your Answer: property rights and contracts are best enforced by the market system
Correct Answer: the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.