Author Topic: Ouch That's Got To Hurt-Greenpeace founder "No evidence man is contributing to..  (Read 9559 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
It's very simple. As noted in a previous post (or ten), the problem is the sample size. Pick the right window to cherry pick your data and you can support any hypothesis you choose.

Just remember: Around 900 A.D. the Vikings established an agrarian society on Greenland. That society lasted about 500 years (that's longer than white Europeans have inhabited North America) ... until approximately 1400 A.D. at which time it became too cold for the agrarian society to continue, so they abandoned Greenland.

It ain't warm enough yet to start farming Greenland, so IMHO we're still just in a cyclical swing. When it gets too HOT to farm Greenland, maybe then we can start talking about global warming.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Triphammer

• friend
 They've got to have a crisis that money , taxes, deprivation will cure in order to exercise control. They missed their window. They tried to do the same thing they did with Freon, act now & claim credit if there's a change for the better. Had they gotten their way ten, fifteen years ago they'd be claiming lack of increase & lower temps are due to their actions. I haven't heard anything about the ozone hole in years until I saw an article last week. Seems its back or never left it wasn't clear.

That science was never proved. They couldn't even duplicate it once but we had to act NOW!!!

MechAg94

• friend
I will also say again that I remember reading about Global Warming in elementary school in the 80's.  They had no proof then at all, but there were researchers who already "beleived" it.  IMO, if you already KNOW where you will end up, all paths will lead there (in your own mind at least). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

drewtam

• friend
1.  Solar output has not been increasing, in fact it has been decreasing.  (Solar observers are somewhat baffled by the declining output, it doesn't follow the models or the previous Solar cycles.)  In fact, observed Sunspots are at the same levels as during the Maunder Minimum.  aka: "The Little Ice Age".   In fact if we take this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carbon14_with_activity_labels.svg and overlay it over tempeture charts like this one:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IPCC_1996_SAR_Figure_3.20.png   they are pretty damn close to being the same.  Yet, I've have numerous AGW believers tell me that "the sun has nothing to do with climate", with a straight face.  

2. Name one positive feedback loop in nature.  Go ahead.  I'll wait...

1 - Supposedly, the solar intensity has been increasing over millions of years, rather than relatively short human existence.
2 - Forest fire / prairie grass fire. One small fire dries out and heats the area around it, which dries out and heats the area around it, it gets bigger and bigger until the potential fuel is consumed. The initial growth of the fire is positive feedback.

I'm not sure why you are attacking the points that damage the AGW argument...
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
They've got to have a crisis that money , taxes, deprivation will cure in order to exercise control. They missed their window. They tried to do the same thing they did with Freon, act now & claim credit if there's a change for the better. Had they gotten their way ten, fifteen years ago they'd be claiming lack of increase & lower temps are due to their actions. I haven't heard anything about the ozone hole in years until I saw an article last week. Seems its back or never left it wasn't clear.

That science was never proved. They couldn't even duplicate it once but we had to act NOW!!!

The "ozone hole" shows up for about two weeks every year at the tail end of Antarctic winter when the temps are coldest inside the polar vortex. Ozone simply breaks down when the temps get below -200, it has nothing to do with CFC's. I remember reading a study on it from right after WW2, and it was before CFC's even existed. It's back to normal once everything warms up a little.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:09:19 AM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Quick resurrect to link Moore's youtube vid on the subject.

https://youtu.be/RkdbSxyXftc

Spread far. Spread wide. Should be good for a few GWA heads going essplody.

Brad
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:08:07 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
I will also say again that I remember reading about Global Warming in elementary school in the 80's.  They had no proof then at all, but there were researchers who already "beleived" it. 

Wasn't it also in the 80s that there was a huge, alarmist hue and cry about the advent of a new ice age? I distinctly remember seeing a trailer for a movie based on that premise. I can't remember the name of the movie, but in the trailer there was a scene in which people were walking outdoors and one of them cautions the others not to touch a bare metal handrail or their skin would freeze to the .... oops, too late.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Wasn't it also in the 80s that there was a huge, alarmist hue and cry about the advent of a new ice age? I distinctly remember seeing a trailer for a movie based on that premise. I can't remember the name of the movie, but in the trailer there was a scene in which people were walking outdoors and one of them cautions the others not to touch a bare metal handrail or their skin would freeze to the .... oops, too late.
They have to change it every few years when their claims end up being bs.

Hence it's no longer global cooling it's global warming er climate changy! Yes yes climate changy! If it's just "change" you can't be wrong! Wait....it's not changed for the last couple decades? Er....right wing conspiracy why do you hate Gaia!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Triphammer

• friend
Wasn't it also in the 80s that there was a huge, alarmist hue and cry about the advent of a new ice age?

That was late 60's early 70's. About the same time as the Freon (non) induced ozone hole. That started with just spray cans and changed the refrigeration industry.

By the 80's coastal cities would be under water in TEN YEARS!!!. The 90's cities under water in TEN TO FIFTEEN YEARS!!!  2000- ALMOST TOO LATE TO TURN BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2010 Uhh cooling?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Apparently globular climate warming change contributes to thread necromancy.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
Apparently globular climate warming change contributes to thread necromancy.
I didn't know it would do that!!  Come take my money!!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
I didn't know it would do that!!  Come take my money!!
I will be right down, let me hop into my private jet to get there.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Sounds more like Greenpeace left him ...