Author Topic: Cruz 1st Official Entry  (Read 9495 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Cruz 1st Official Entry
« on: March 23, 2015, 06:27:18 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/23/sen-ted-cruz-to-announce-plans-for-presidential-bid/

"I'm ready to stand with you to lead the fight," Cruz says as the video concludes.

Well time for it to get interesting.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Cruz 1st Official Entry
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:28:37 AM »
Well, time for the establishment hacks to start attacking him.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »
You mean more than they already have.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:36:03 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »
Frankly, he needs executive seasoning before I would consider him a serious contender.  But I do love the thought of him tearing into the MSM-bots and affiliated lefty scum with wild abandon.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
He has been on the right side of pretty much everything as far as I can tell. The Republican establishment cannot let him succeed. They will savage him worse than the D's.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/03/ted_cruzs_policy_positions.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 12:42:08 PM »
Frankly, he needs executive seasoning before I would consider him a serious contender.  But I do love the thought of him tearing into the MSM-bots and affiliated lefty scum with wild abandon.

??? .... OH! you mean like the "executive seasoning" Obama had! :facepalm:    .......   :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 02:28:02 PM »
??? .... OH! you mean like the "executive seasoning" Obama had! :facepalm:    .......   :rofl:

Quite.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
He has been on the right side of pretty much everything as far as I can tell. The Republican establishment cannot let him succeed. They will savage him worse than the D's.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/03/ted_cruzs_policy_positions.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Yep. The republican establishment will NEVER allow it
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
A republican who I would have no shame in voting for!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »
Don't know much about him, other than that the Jeb Bush wing of the party seems to hate him which is always a good sign.

How is he in debates? No one can get elected unless they're reasonably attractive, have nice hair, a good speaking voice, and come across as likeable and caring in debates. Which is why Jindal will never be a serious candidate.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »
How is he in debates? No one can get elected unless they're reasonably attractive, have nice hair, a good speaking voice, and come across as likeable and caring in debates. Which is why Jindal will never be a serious candidate.

Too bad that standard doesn't apply to hillary.

Barack Obama

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »
Don't know much about him, other than that the Jeb Bush wing of the party seems to hate him which is always a good sign.

Yep, The Bush family despising him is enough to give him a second look.

Cruz can generally beat any randomly selected lefty like a red-headed stepchild in a battle of wits and words.  Of course when he does so, the MSM call him "mean"--or "misogynist" if his opponent is a woman.  Should be able to find video of him verbally beating Feinstein to a pulp on youtube.  

He comes across like a prosecutor.  Not exactly nice, but good at skinning the opponent.  Reagan up through his first term could beat an opponent bloody and keep a smile on his & your face.  Cruz needs to learn to smile while doing his skinning and to have a more upbeat tone in his voice.  

Of course, he still has no executive experience to speak of.  Not sure I want to risk another glib Senator.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »
Too bad that standard doesn't apply to hillary.

It does, actually. That creature has less than zero chance of winning a popular election.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »
I thought his speech was well done. However, it's still early, so I'm going to wait and see how things pan out all around.

The one "negative" thing I see is that some people see him, as related to the Republican party, as many of us see Ted Nugent as related to the NRA. He says things that need to be said, but I'm not sure if that helps, or hurts, his electability among the population in general.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 03:11:56 PM »

Of course, he still has no executive experience to speak of.  Not sure I want to risk another glib Senator.

Bet he voted more than once and when he did it was more than just present.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 03:16:25 PM »

According to NPR: 
He was a top college debater at Princeton. Here are some of the debate accolades Cruz raked in as an undergraduate at Princeton: top speaker at both the U.S. National Debating Championship and the North American Debating Championship, speaker of the year and team of the year.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »
It does, actually. That creature has less than zero chance of winning a popular election.

I wouldn't want to take that bet- the stakes are too high.

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 03:54:48 PM »
Well, if nothing else, I learned a new term: "coconut" (brown on the outside white on the inside), which is apparently what latinos are calling him, because you can only be a latino president if you're a democrat.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »
Well, if nothing else, I learned a new term: "coconut" (brown on the outside white on the inside), which is apparently what latinos are calling him, because you can only be a latino president if you're a democrat.

I'm using that one- my best friend is technically hispanic since his family immigrated from South America- his skin is far less pigmented than mine  :laugh:

Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 05:03:08 PM »

Wasn't he the Texas AG prior to being senator?

IIRC, that's running an state wide bureaucracy, which is far more executive experience then the current Present-Voting occupant had.

Plus, Ted knows and believes and votes for the the Constitution (and history).   He makes Reagan look like a lefty.  I'm willing to bet that the he will win.  When conservatives run as conservatives, they win.  Of course the MS will be out for his head.  (Expect the story of him being busted for underage possession of beer to come screaming back along with lots of "When did you stop beating your wife?" type questions.

Anyway, Yahoo.com put this out, not getting it.*

http://news.yahoo.com/can-ted-cruz-go-from-obstructionist-in-chief-to-commander-in-chief-212751655.html

*It being how much bad stuff did you stop, because there is rarely any good stuff that passes....

Finally, I will probably cut him a check.  It won't be for much, but I want my voice to be heard, he's the closest thing to me saying what I want said, and doing what I want done.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:56:27 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »
According to NPR: 

Winning a formal academic debate isn't the same skillset as conning low information voters into pulling the lever for you.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 06:43:48 PM »
I wouldn't want to take that bet- the stakes are too high.

Of the DNC contenders for 2016 she is by far the weakest.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife