Author Topic: Cruz 1st Official Entry  (Read 9493 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Cruz 1st Official Entry
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2015, 06:49:52 PM »
Watching people bog down a thread arguing over political minutia is like watching two old women blocking a church aisle while they fight over who's bisquit recipe is better. Entertaining for a bit, but eventually you wish they'd shut up and move on so the rest of us can do something useful.

Brad
At this point, it is too early.  We are over-analyzing Cruz based on fears of what will happen later.  Wait and see who else enters and how they handle themselves.  I heard an interview with Scott Walker this week.  I like him, but I think he will fumble on the national stage.  He would make a good executive, but I am not sure he could survive the campaigns (primary or main election). 

In a perfect world, I would prefer Cruz do a term or two as Governor or a few more terms as Senator, but that isn't what I have.  IMO, Rand Paul has the same issues if he decides to run. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2015, 11:47:56 PM »
I was prepared to overlook Cruz's relative lack of experience, but that got a lot harder this week.  He's made 2 major unforced errors in just a few days.  First was not locking up TedCruz.com before going public.  The second was saying he'll sign up for Obamacare after his wife leaves Goldman Sachs and gives up her employer health care there. 

The Obamacare thing is especially disappointing.  I sure hope this is part of some clever ploy to rope in the opposition before dropping the hammer on 'em.  If it's not, then it's a low-level disaster.

IIRC, under Sen. Grassley's amendment Congress and staffers HAVE  to sign up through the exchange, they can't go out and buy it privately.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2015, 07:03:27 AM »

Sound bites and catchy phrases have always been around, it is easy to associate a person with a popular +/- slogan.

Tippecanoe and Tyler too!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2015, 08:07:22 AM »
Tippecanoe and Tyler too!

Yep, or...

We Polked you in '44, We shall Pierce you in '52
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2015, 08:30:12 AM »
54-40 or fight
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams