Author Topic: Holy hot pants!  (Read 9515 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Holy hot pants!
« on: July 13, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »
http://chicago.suntimes.com/nationworld/7/71/767528/pentagon-readying-plan-lift-transgender-ban 
http://lgbtweekly.com/2015/07/13/pentagon-set-to-announce-plan-to-lift-transgender-military-ban/

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/pentagon-readying-plan-to-lift-transgender-ban-1.357765

Stick a fork in it.  Within two years we are going to lose not only to the Dutch but to the French.

The only pride that will be left in the .mil will be when they march happily - joyfully - gleefully -
what's that word I'm searching for?

"Support your troops"?  Not no more, sweetie.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Holy hot pants!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
I get a little bit tired of (actually very offended by) people writing off or insulting the men and women who serve in our military, every time their benighted leadership does something stupid.

Can we not say stuff like "I don't support the troops"?  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »
I am betting some folks serving today, are planning to or getting out due to this as well and other things. I know one E9 that has already put in his paperwork, and several other service members that are waiting for the next president because they do not want Obama's signature on their papers
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 05:38:56 PM »
So, what will be the appropriate salutation for a TG officer?

"Yes, You."

"Good Morning. Question Mark."

"Thank you, Sir'am/Ma'ir."

Or, practically, will all personnel be restricted to addressing others exclusively by rank?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »
I get a little bit tired of (actually very offended by) people writing off or insulting the men and women who serve in our military, every time their benighted leadership does something stupid.

Can we not say stuff like "I don't support the troops"?  =|

An apparent misunderstanding due to a failure to communicate.

"Support your troops" should have been "Support Your Troops" to indicate it is referring to  the advertising/PSA wording.  I had, in my mind, the intent to indicate that unconditional Chauvinistic support for the institution of the military is no longer possible.  It was not my intent to suggest that support of the individual servicemembers should cease.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 06:01:07 PM »
So, what will be the appropriate salutation for a TG officer?

While taking note that you are avoiding reference to the rank insignia they wear, I gleefully look forward to the brouhaha erupting in the Navy/Marines when it has been traditionally permitted to address every commissioned officer below the rank of Rear Admiral/Major General as "Mister".  That tradition was continued when they broke the sex barrier and I have not heard any gnashing of teeth/falling of tears over it.

Highest traditions of the naval service, and all that.  Are you really going to mess with 230+ years of military custom that was carried over from centuries and centuries of British naval behavior.  First they did away with flogging.  Then they took away the daily rum ration.  And now take away the possibility of the enlisted to avoid insubordination charges while expressing their insubordination?

stay safe.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 06:20:42 PM »
I've used the generic "mister" clause on a few female officers. Cranky they become.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 07:54:01 PM »
Mister just comes from master anyway, and anyone who thinks you can't call a woman "master" has clearly been severely squandering their Friday nights.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 08:43:51 PM »
No.  The premise that a few transgendereds being allowed in the military will somehow destroy it is idiotic.  Piss poor funding and leadership is a far greater threat.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 09:43:39 PM »
No.  The premise that a few transgendereds being allowed in the military will somehow destroy it is idiotic.  Piss poor funding and leadership is a far greater threat.

I would disagree.  The British Army had truly awful leadership for centuries and was poorly funded throughout most of its existence.  Yet, it managed to be quite effective imposing the will of King & Parliament.  (Hey, that sounds a bit like the USMC...)

The Gaystapo and Tranny Auxiliaries are a sign of rot at the core of the institution.  Anyone with a decent set of morals and tradition will look at .mil as not worthy of their sacrifice.  There will be fewer quality and motivated men enlisting and taking commissions.  Many that do will look at themselves as more mercenary professionals than previous cohorts.   Time in .mil will be little more than a means to an end than an end in itself.  Gov't and .mil will seek out warm bodies to fill the ranks from outside the USA, men who have no cultural affinity for America.

In the end, this may be part of the objective, as these new sorts will be more willing to shoot and kill Americans with whom they have no or little sympathy.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 10:16:06 PM »
I would disagree.  The British Army had truly awful leadership for centuries and was poorly funded throughout most of its existence.  Yet, it managed to be quite effective imposing the will of King & Parliament.  (Hey, that sounds a bit like the USMC...)

Well it was a volunteer army but then punishments of being shot, whipped or sent away to rot in prison are a pretty good motivator.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 11:56:52 PM »
Well it was a volunteer army but then punishments of being shot, whipped or sent away to rot in prison are a pretty good motivator.

Firefly paraphrase/

"Last year's party was better."

"What did they have last year?"

"Standards."

/Firefly paraphrase
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 01:01:59 AM »
Mister just comes from master anyway, and anyone who thinks you can't call a woman "master" has clearly been severely squandering their Friday nights.

Or they know how to speak English. Hint: what do you think "Mrs." stands for? It ain't "master."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 09:53:13 AM »

I thought you were supposed to call her "Mistress"  ???

:angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 10:20:51 AM »

In the end, this may be part of the objective, as these new sorts will be more willing to shoot and kill Americans with whom they have no or little sympathy.

:rofl:

You really think the average politician thinks past the next election cycle, or on how to get a lucrative contract passed they can graft on?

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »
:rofl:

You really think the average politician thinks past the next election cycle, or on how to get a lucrative contract passed they can graft on?

It is not the average politician that implemented this.  How many congresscritters have made trannies in the ranks a big deal?  How much public debate?  And no laws have been passed to mandate this.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »

Here's a thread mascot for ya.

The Gaystapo and Tranny Auxiliaries are a sign of rot at the core of the institution.  Anyone with a decent set of morals and tradition will look at .mil as not worthy of their sacrifice.  There will be fewer quality and motivated men enlisting and taking commissions.  Many that do will look at themselves as more mercenary professionals than previous cohorts.   Time in .mil will be little more than a means to an end than an end in itself.  Gov't and .mil will seek out warm bodies to fill the ranks from outside the USA, men who have no cultural affinity for America.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 06:09:29 PM »
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/the-sky-is-falling-2-chicken-little.jpg

Here's a thread mascot for ya.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/emeraldcitywanderer-1487482-albums-general-pic98542-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Read some history. 

Multiethnic empires have a way of slipping into the same grooves, time after time.  Roman, Ottoman, Austrian, Russian, Han Chinese, and others used various ethnic groups to suppress others.  Also a diminution of core nation participation in the military establishment of the day that coincides with a professionalization of the military establishment.

Not sure why some think the USA not subject to the same forces that shaped previous grand polities. 

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 07:36:03 AM »
For some reason popular culture has made homosexuality and gender confusion "cute". It's cool to support it, it is wrong to question it, discrimination against it will probably land you in prison in the near future and and it appears to be actively promoted by new policies.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 08:09:32 AM »
For some reason popular culture has made homosexuality and gender confusion "cute". It's cool to support it, it is wrong to question it, discrimination against it will probably land you in prison in the near future and and it appears to be actively promoted by new policies.

I suspect discrimination, however slight, against any BLTG LBGT BLGT GLBT...(oh hell, what ever is the correct acronym) will get one thrown in prison now if one has the offensive temerity to stand by your moral tenets.
My guess is that the Christian bakers that were fined $135K because they didn't want to participate in an event that was offensive to them would be imprisoned RFN if they stood up and said they will not pay the immoral fine.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 08:32:08 AM »
Recent news . . .

Family on TV with 19 kids . . . one of whom is a molester.
Wall to wall coverage of what Bruce Jenner did to himself . . .
Rainbow flags at the US embassy, and rainbow lighting at the White House . . .
Recent SCOTUS decision on Obamacare that ignores the law's plain language . . .
Court decisions that mandate bakers service gay events . . .
Now this.   :facepalm:

Is it just me, or have media & government becoming one unending freak show?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 08:43:42 AM »
Our society and the way we have allowed it to degrade is the freak show.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »
Read some history. 

Multiethnic empires have a way of slipping into the same grooves, time after time.  Roman, Ottoman, Austrian, Russian, Han Chinese, and others used various ethnic groups to suppress others.  Also a diminution of core nation participation in the military establishment of the day that coincides with a professionalization of the military establishment.

Not sure why some think the USA not subject to the same forces that shaped previous grand polities. 

I was thinking of some fairly recent history, namely of the repeal of the don't ask don't tell. There was much handwringing, people were predicting all sorts of immediate falling apart of the military. And then, nothing happened. I am thinking with this, also nothing much will happen. The sky didn't fall then, and it's not going to fall now.

As to the rest of it, what does that have to do with this? LGBT is not an ethnicity. 
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 05:07:22 PM »
. . .
Now this.   :facepalm:

Is it just me, or have media & government becoming one unending freak show?

It can't be a freak show.  Nobody is biting the head off a chicken.  Although all the anurismic esplody heads I am certain will be coming soon might just qualify.

Question - if you slap the sword swallower on the back does it count as sepiku?  ('Cause I'm thinking of some folks who just might swallow a sword while theit head is encased.)

stay safe.

stay safe.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 05:18:34 PM »
It can't be a freak show.  Nobody is biting the head off a chicken.  Although all the anurismic esplody heads I am certain will be coming soon might just qualify.

Question - if you slap the sword swallower on the back does it count as sepiku?  ('Cause I'm thinking of some folks who just might swallow a sword while theit head is encased.)

stay safe.

stay safe.

Circus geeks FTW:
The billed performer's act consisted of a single geek, who stood in center ring to chase live chickens. It ended with the performer biting the chickens' heads off and swallowing them.[1] The geek shows were often used as openers for what are commonly known as freak shows. It was a matter of pride among circus and carnival professionals not to have traveled with a troupe that included geeks. Geeks were sometimes alcoholics or drug addicts, and could be paid with liquor – especially during Prohibition – or with narcotics.

Perhaps some enlisted/commissioned dude in the service could have his "re-assignment" surgery done live on pay per view.  Maybe by a gay circus geek could help the surgeon.  The Dept of Defense could use the profits from the PPV to finance other re-assignment surgeries in a self-funding cycle of PPV surgeries until the public tired of that particular diversion.

[It can be a tough row to hoe to stay ahead of Poe's Law.]
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton