Author Topic: Holy hot pants!  (Read 9513 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Holy hot pants!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 12:38:33 AM »
Recent news . . .

Family on TV with 19 kids . . . one of whom is a molester.
Wall to wall coverage of what Bruce Jenner did to himself . . .
Rainbow flags at the US embassy, and rainbow lighting at the White House . . .
Recent SCOTUS decision on Obamacare that ignores the law's plain language . . .
Court decisions that mandate bakers service gay events . . .
Now this.   :facepalm:

Is it just me, or have media & government becoming one unending freak show?

Here's another: I'm a justice of the peace in my state. Terms run concurrent with the term of the presidency (I suspect that's a coincidence, but I have no way of knowing). At my last swearing in, I asked if I would be required to officiate at gay weddings, and I was told that I would not. More recently I read stories (such as the bakery, and also the wedding chapel that was fined for not performing a gay wedding) that led me to be concerned. So I went back to my appointing authority (city/town clerk, in my state) and asked again. This time I was advised to lie.

They didn't outright say "Lie." They "suggested" that I simply tell same sex couples that I am not available on the date they want. Which, of course, won't work if I am approached by one half of the pair in an ambush, and not told about the same sex nature of the couple until after I've acknowledged that the date is available.

I'm pretty sure I won't stand for reappointment next cycle. I might even have to resign before the end of this cycle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »
Hawk, what would you "pronounce" them ???

Butch and dyke?  Fag and queer ? 
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »

Pitcher and catcher?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 01:12:55 PM »
Regardless of your views on the subject of same sex marriage, why not go with what a lot of other marriage-officiators are doing in response to the feminist/sexist bs?

"I now pronounce you married.  That'll be $25.  Next!"

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »
Regardless of your views on the subject of same sex marriage, why not go with what a lot of other marriage-officiators are doing in response to the feminist/sexist bs?

stay safe.

Dad's second marriage was performed by a guy with an obvious pseudonym, as obvious as "Wolf Blitzer" would be in a war correspondent: Reverend Bible.   :P
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 05:43:48 PM »
Pitcher and catcher?

Seems this place needs a name change. I suggest Armed Polite (except when it comes to teh geyz) Society.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 06:05:04 PM »
Seems this place needs a name change. I suggest Armed Polite (except when it comes to teh geyz) Society.

The irreverence here extends far and wide beyond sexual orientation, which should be obvious even with cursory research.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »

If those of the LGBTUVWXYZ persuasion want respect, and not resentment, then they really should tell their friends on the left to stop with the scorched-earth campaign on anyone with a rational view of sex and gender. Your gey friends are getting the blame for it all.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »

So ... what?  Husband and Husband?  Wife and wife?

Makes no sense, because those words have specific meanings, just like "marriage" used to have a meaning.

Enlighten me then :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:19:11 PM by Tallpine »
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »

Because in the process of clinging to my guns and religion, I obstinately cling to the (apparently obsolete) notion that "marriage" involves one man and one woman.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 09:35:35 PM »
Because in the process of clinging to my guns and religion, I obstinately cling to the (apparently obsolete) notion that "marriage" involves one man and one woman.

Me too, except for the religion part.  I'm plenty "sex positive" and I don't care if they want civil unions or whatever, but I didn't get "married" for any damn tax advantages.  I did so because it was the proper thing to do, and commit myself to her and our future children.

At this point in time I regret involving the state in our relationship just on principle.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 04:21:56 AM »
So ... what?  Husband and Husband?  Wife and wife?

How about you just, you know, ask?

I'm with vaskidmark.  Just do it.  Is what you do considered a religious ceremony or the enactment of a government sanctioned contract?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »

'Cause he knows he's not going to buy their cock-and-bull answer? Because he knows marriage isn't just some made-up stuff that's whatever you want it to be?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »

I did.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 07:39:23 PM »
'Cause he knows he's not going to buy their cock-and-bull answer? Because he knows marriage isn't just some made-up stuff that's whatever you want it to be?

No, it's not whatever you want it to be.  It's a contract defined by law and enforced by the government.  It's whatever THEY want it to be.  Churches can have different rules on it, which is where some people trying to get 'remarried' discover that the Catholic Church still considers them married, irregardless that the State of California(or wherever) has given them a divorce that's recognized by the federal government.

As for 'cock and bull' answer, I meant the whole 'what do you call each one'.  That's a bit life finding out if somebody wants to be called Mr., Dr., Sir, Sgt, their first name, whatever.

It's not worth getting your blood pressure up over, because it's certainly more personal to the ones who want to get married, and thus they're willing to push further.

As long as they're both consenting, informed adults, why should YOU care about THEIR personal lives?

I did.

It probably varies by couple.  *shrug*  Didn't find out my last commander was gay until he introduced his husband at the change of command ceremony.  I almost broke formation when the introduction was made...

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 08:52:24 PM »
Didn't find out my last commander was gay until he introduced his husband at the change of command ceremony.

Just have to wonder which one of them ends up barefoot in the kitchen  =|

=D

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 10:09:39 PM »
How can you have trannys in the military when you still have communal showers? How is that gonna work? Are they going to Chapter out any woman that complains about the dude with tits showering next to them?
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »
I'm not predjudiced against anyone no matter what the heck they believe in or believe they are ....
whatever they are doing to the military really stinks - its like they want to lose the next war, ruin morale, and make the world safe for global despotism
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2015, 07:26:30 PM »
I'm not predjudiced against anyone no matter what the heck they believe in or believe they are ....
whatever they are doing to the military really stinks - its like they want to lose the next war, ruin morale, and make the world safe for global despotism

I don't believe that is there actual goal but I can't think of too many things they could do differently it I was.

While I admit my sample is pretty small as I've only known a very few of the trans types but every last one of them was mental case with a bag of -isms and -otics that would make a bag of worms look pleasant.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »

???

Something like "th-ehm," I guess. How do you pronounce it?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »
???

Something like "th-ehm," I guess. How do you pronounce it?

/th(shwa)m/ - with no pause in the middle to create two syllables.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2015, 08:59:36 AM »
Is what you do considered a religious ceremony or the enactment of a government sanctioned contract?

That's why I'm going to have to stop being a JP. A justice of the peace is a creature of civil government and, as such, has to abide by the law of the land in providing services to the populace. As a minister, in theory I should be allowed to follow my religious beliefs without fear of persecution prosecution.

If I become a notary public, that allows me to perform almost all the other functions I can perform as a JP -- plus I get (to buy) a nifty seal. But the JP appointment is free, whereas I have to pay a fee to become a notary.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2015, 10:34:07 AM »
If I become a notary public, that allows me to perform almost all the other functions I can perform as a JP -- plus I get (to buy) a nifty seal. But the JP appointment is free, whereas I have to pay a fee to become a notary.

JP must be something different in your state.  In Montana it is an elected position which presides over a court with jurisdiction over misdemeanors: everything from barking dogs to traffic offenses to "possession" offenses.  The JP can sentence short jail terms and community service (but he/she doesn't get to hold court in a saloon and hang people  ;) ).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »
JP must be something different in your state.  In Montana it is an elected position which presides over a court with jurisdiction over misdemeanors: everything from barking dogs to traffic offenses to "possession" offenses.  The JP can sentence short jail terms and community service (but he/she doesn't get to hold court in a saloon and hang people  ;) ).

Yes, it's different here. JPs can administer oaths, take depositions, attest to the authenticity of signatures on documents signed before them, a couple of other things I've forgotten for the moment ... and perform weddings. For most JPs, the only part they're interested in is the weddings part, and most run it as a for-profit business. I may be the only JP in my state who wasn't interested in that as my reason for becoming a JP.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
If those of the LGBTUVWXYZ persuasion want respect, and not resentment, then they really should tell their friends on the left to stop with the scorched-earth campaign on anyone with a rational view of sex and gender. Your gey friends are getting the blame for it all.
Ya know, "scorched earth" and "butthurt" are not the same thing.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein