Author Topic: Holy hot pants!  (Read 9514 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Holy hot pants!
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 11:58:47 AM »
I'm not predjudiced against anyone no matter what the heck they believe in or believe they are ....
whatever they are doing to the military really stinks - its like they want to lose the next war, ruin morale, and make the world safe for global despotism

They are doing to the military what they would do to everyone, had they authority to do so.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »
Ya know, "scorched earth" and "butthurt" are not the same thing.

Is it possible for you to respond with substance?  

Thus far your contribution has been to accuse others of butthurt & tinfoil hattery, exhibit historical ignorance, and to whine about terms the LGBTBBQ community uses freely amongst itself (but were used by folk who are not presumably part of that community).

Oh, and in a constitutional republic, abridgment of constitutionally enumerated liberties is scorched earth--or whatever analog you wish to use for political violence.  Freedom of conscience / religious liberty is the sort of thing that folk are morally justified in using violence to gain/regain/preserve.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:56:44 PM by roo_ster »
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 01:59:41 PM »
Yes, it's different here. JPs can administer oaths, take depositions, attest to the authenticity of signatures on documents signed before them, a couple of other things I've forgotten for the moment ... and perform weddings.

Around here, add official pronouncement of death to that.  Always makes for an odd scene when you have 2-3 EMTs, several volunteer firefighters with various amounts of training in first (or more) aid, a couple deputies and troopers with similar training to the FFs, and some old guy who can barely put on a bandaid shows up to confirm that the pile of goo slowly being absorbed by a spill control barrier will not benefit from further lifesaving measures.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2015, 02:53:33 PM »
Around here, add official pronouncement of death to that.  Always makes for an odd scene when you have 2-3 EMTs, several volunteer firefighters with various amounts of training in first (or more) aid, a couple deputies and troopers with similar training to the FFs, and some old guy who can barely put on a bandaid shows up to confirm that the pile of goo slowly being absorbed by a spill control barrier will not benefit from further lifesaving measures.

I'm not dead!

I'm getting better.

I don't want to go on the cart.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:10 PM »
Is it possible for you to respond with substance?  
I've tried. However, given the responses I get from you when I do, I don't see any reason to try any more. You will dismiss out of hand anything that isn't some form of agreement with you. Might as well have a chuckle.

You want to be oppressed, go ahead and be oppressed. To someone who knows what actual repression of religion is, you are a lot like that vegan who compares a pig farm to a death camp.

religious liberty is the sort of thing that folk are morally justified in using violence to gain/regain/preserve. 
Gee, I think some folks a ways East of here will agree...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »
I've tried. However, given the responses I get from you when I do, I don't see any reason to try any more. You will dismiss out of hand anything that isn't some form of agreement with you. Might as well have a chuckle.

You want to be oppressed, go ahead and be oppressed. To someone who knows what actual repression of religion is, you are a lot like that vegan who compares a pig farm to a death camp.
Gee, I think some folks a ways East of here will agree...

You could have just responded with a "No."
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »
I would disagree ... There will be fewer quality and motivated men enlisting and taking commissions.  Many that do will look at themselves as more mercenary professionals than previous cohorts. ... Gov't and .mil will seek out warm bodies to fill the ranks from outside the USA, men who have no cultural affinity for America.

In the end, this may be part of the objective, as these new sorts will be more willing to shoot and kill Americans with whom they have no or little sympathy.

I am intrigued by your views and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
 [tinfoil]
7-11 was a part time job.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2015, 01:12:55 PM »
About time somebody commented appropriate to the thread title...

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »

I don't see any holes! (Except the obligatory ones for the gams.) Welsher! :mad:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »

Just a reminder, while I realize some folks really really dislike homosexuals for various reasons, please use reasonably polite language and decorum. Besides it being polite, which itself is a pretty good thing, it doesn't help your own cause to not use reasonably polite language.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Re: Holy hot pants!
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2015, 08:52:17 PM »

She don't look like a nun.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »
They are doing to the military what they would do to everyone, had they authority to do so.

They are working on it....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.