Author Topic: Prepare for President Trump  (Read 31613 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Prepare for President Trump
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »
So far, Trump has been immune to the media's attacks. It will be interesting to see if he continues to be as the election rolls one.

(Incidentally, I'm fairly convinced Trump is already the nominee. Tomorrow will likely seal it, looking at polling. I'm still voting for Cruz, but it looks as though the people aren't interested in someone who actually has a record to compare to their rhetoric. Wait, didn't we already have a president with little to no record that spouted a bunch of platitudes that were what people wanted to hear?

Well, at least there's precedent, then.)

And we have had more presidents, establishment hacks like Bush I, Bush II...go back more to Ford who had established records they ran on. Now. Look where we are at!!  For 30 plus years we the people have bitched and complained about topics such as illegal immigration. Several times in this 30 years we, republicans, have had super majority / majority control. We got it up the ass!!!  2010 came along, we voted more Rs in. Up the ass we get!!  2012, even more. Farther up the ass we got!!!!

It's not Trump. It is nothing to do with a record to run on (cause anyone in R politics for the last 5 years or more is guilty), we know the record. People are *expletive deleted*ing pissed. It could be BoBo the assmonkey instead of Trump leading in the polls, the person leading is not the issue. The people who vote (voted) for you are pissed that they were played.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 06:23:37 PM »
Pissed voters could vote for an anti-establishment guy like Cruz... instead they are voting for a corrupt, immoral, hypocrite.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 06:50:17 PM »
Pissed voters could vote for an anti-establishment guy like Cruz... instead they are voting for a corrupt, immoral, hypocrite.
:rofl:

CRUZ is very far from being anti-establishment.  If you think he is an outsider, I wont waste time to convince you otherwise.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
Wasn't there some future-based sci fi comedy where Trump was or had been President? 

There was Iron Sky were Palin was President.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »

Which describes Cruz.  Now, Cruz would be my pick were Trump to bow out for some reason or another.  But I do not have any illusions about either man's moral rectitude. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 11:50:02 PM »
Cruz's filing as the lead for the states in Heller ought to be enough for anybody IMO.

(shrug)

People are pissed... so pissed they don't care about Trump's negatives. In the broad sense, it's the Democrat's/Left's fault for the overall slide of America to this point. In the narrow sense, it's the GOP's fault for at least not fighting hard enough, even if it was only to be where we are now anyway.
I promise not to duck.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »

Cruz is a United States Senator. Like it or not, he's part of the problem, not part of the solution.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2016, 03:51:52 AM »
Cruz is a United States Senator. Like it or not, he's part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Who has spent the better part of his time in the Senate pissing off the leadership and sorts we spend our days trashing.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 07:26:52 AM »
As In 1964 And 1980, A New Republican Party Is Taking Shape.
http://www.vdare.com/articles/as-in-1964-and-1980-a-new-republican-party-is-taking-shape

From Pats lips to Gods ears.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 07:27:39 AM »
The polls here in Oklahoma have 30% or so of the likely D voters undecided.  They are saying that the party is leaning too left and needs to move right.

More of a reason I see unfortunately Trump as President.  He will pull the R votes and then all the D's that say the party needs to move right.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

griz

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »
Who's the Libertarian candidate this time? I can't believe I'm actually considering giving Billery a chance by not voting for Rump but I can only vote for the lesser of two evils for so long, ya know?

They haven't named one yet, but it's likely to be Gary Johnson.  I may end up voting for him if it comes down to a choice between Clinton-Trump. (Clump?)  I'm worried that if Trump is elected he will bomb Iowa for not awarding him the caucus.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »
Who's the Libertarian candidate this time? I can't believe I'm actually considering giving Billery a chance by not voting for Rump but I can only vote for the lesser of two evils for so long, ya know?

No nominee yet. Gary Johnson, John mcafee, and Austin Peterson seem to be the three with a shot, along with 8 or so unknowns

I'm pulling for Austin Peterson

For me, a trump nomination equals me voting libertarian
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 09:38:20 AM »
I may end up voting for him if it comes down to a choice between Clinton-Trump. (Clump?)  I'm worried that if Trump is elected he will bomb Iowa for not awarding him the caucus.

What's the downside here?

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 09:48:54 AM »
As In 1964 And 1980, A New Republican Party Is Taking Shape.
http://www.vdare.com/articles/as-in-1964-and-1980-a-new-republican-party-is-taking-shape

From Pats lips to Gods ears.

If Trump won and conducted a conservative government, it would validate the movement.

I still don't understand why you think this is likely to happen.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 10:11:32 AM »
Cruz Trump is a United States Senator is a big government liberal statist. Like it or not, he's part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Fixed dat.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »
What you trumpkins don't understand is that trump can't win the general election. A lot of people see him as the *expletive deleted*ck you candidate and blindly follow him. The rest of us conservatives see him for what he really is and will not 'hold our noses and vote for him' but more likely vote for someone else as a *expletive deleted*ck you to the *expletive deleted*ck you candidate's supporters.

Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 10:22:30 AM »
What you trumpkins don't understand is that trump can't win the general election. A lot of people see him as the *expletive deleted*ck you candidate and blindly follow him. The rest of us conservatives see him for what he really is and will not 'hold our noses and vote for him' but more likely vote for someone else as a *expletive deleted*ck you to the *expletive deleted*ck you candidate's supporters.

Then Hillary wins.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:05 AM »
Then Hillary wins.

If trump win the nomination, a big government liberal turd wins either way. I'd rather the person who further brings our country down to have a 'D' after their name than an 'R.'

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »

I think he has a very good shot. The negatives for Hillary are so great, and are going to keep on coming with investigations etc. even if the DOJ won't indict. And the Bernie supporters getting all millennial-butthurt and staying home. And the enthusiasm gap on the DNC side overall in the primaries has been a consistent 30% or so.

And there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that Trump is pulling from the low-information pool of voters who might otherwise vote Democrat too, possibly creating party-crossing pluralities.

I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2016, 10:39:54 AM »
I still don't understand why you think this is likely to happen.

Quote the whole paragraph:
If Trump won and conducted a conservative government, it would validate the movement. If Trump won and turned left, it would inspire an insurgency like Ronald Reagan’s in 1976, when the Ford-Rockefeller-Kissinger administration moved too far toward detente.

Further on:
If Trump ran and lost, the conservative movement would have President Clinton to unite and rally the troops against.

One recalls Barry Goldwater’s historic wipeout in 1964. But, in 1966, Republicans made the greatest gains in a generation, and went on to win the presidency for 20 of the next 24 years.

Undeniably, a Trump presidency would mean an end to the Bush and establishment policies on trade, immigration and intervention.

But those policies have already been repudiated in the primaries, as they have proven to be transparent failures for America.

I have made calculations/estimations for Trump, Cruz, Clinton, and Sanders on various issues and thought out a few moves ahead of the immediate contest.  The decision tree and probabilities I assign push me toward a vote for Trump, which I did at 0715 this fine morning.

If you define likely as "more than 0.50 probability" then no, I do not think Trump will likely run a conservative gov't.  Cruz's probability is also less than 0.50.  We, the American Nation, are not in a position to demand 50% chance of success.  Hoping for such favorable odds is delusional.  I recall the Dr Mann line in The Martian:
Cooper: Dr. Mann there's a 50/50 chance your gonna kill yourself.
Dr. Mann: Those are the best odds I've had in years.

The Trump candidacy has resulted in the best odds we've had in decades.  

=====================

Cruz's filing as the lead for the states in Heller ought to be enough for anybody IMO.

(shrug)

Trump's plan to halt immigration and deport illegals ought to be enough for anybody, IMO.

(shrug)

Because RKBA won't last long in a majority third-world immigrant Uh-merica.  The National Question trumps all.

People are pissed... so pissed they don't care about Trump's negatives. In the broad sense, it's the Democrat's/Left's fault for the overall slide of America to this point. In the narrow sense, it's the GOP's fault for at least not fighting hard enough, even if it was only to be where we are now anyway.

Getting tired of the whole, "The blind fool Trump supporters are angry, but I am making decisions based on logic & principle."  Hooey.  For my own part it was a rather grim calculation, as it has been for many others.  And for those who have made their decision based 100% over the national question, love of country, and anger at the worst ruling class America has ever had--good for them.  We could use more of such sentiment.  For such sentiment is what real cultural change is made of.

GOP, outside the base, is the modern, progressive left.  They, like many marxist front organizations, put on a mask for their base (Boob Bait for Bubba) and then go about their open borders, "free" trade, cultural marxism, and whatever else their "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" donors tell them they want.

=====================

The polls here in Oklahoma have 30% or so of the likely D voters undecided.  They are saying that the party is leaning too left and needs to move right.

More of a reason I see unfortunately Trump as President.  He will pull the R votes and then all the D's that say the party needs to move right.

Ayup.  IOW, the white working class folks who the Democrats love to hate on.  

What we are seeing could be described as a re-awakening/echo of Jacksonian Democracy.  Now, Jacksonian Democracy is inferior (IMO) to the loose confederation under the Articles of Confederation and even the subsequent mercantile republic under the COTUS.  But we have not had a republic since the election of Lincoln.  Heck, we now have an authoritarian American Empire, with a polyglot population (instead of a true nation-state) with imperial tentacles draping all over the world, more or less lightly.  Compared to that, a little Jacksonian Democracy would be an improvement.

=================

Looking at the various polls, Trump is (as of this moment) the most likely candidate to win the general election.  Obviously, this can change between now & November, but there you are.  For every doctrinaire libertarian he loses and every butthurt Cruz boot-licker who pouts and stays home or votes Utopitarian, Trump is bringing in 1.x or more disaffected Democrats, GOP base voters who sat out Romney & McCain, or previous non-voters.  

I was not sure of the "Trump is expanding the voter base" phenomenon until I saw the krayzee numbers early voting with my own eyes.  And then this morning, when my wife and I got in line to vote in the GOP primary 10 minutes before the polls opened, but there were already 15 voters ahead of us.  Most times wife and I are first or no farther down than top 5.  And those 15 voters ahead of us were quite chipper, unlike many Cruz supporters lately.  Not hard to conjure who they were voting for at the top of the ballot.  Oh, there was no line waiting to vote in the Democrat primary.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2016, 10:41:52 AM »
. And the Bernie supporters getting all millennial-butthurt and staying home.

Trump needs to build them some safe spaces that lock from the outside.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:01 AM »
Trump needs to build them some safe spaces that lock from the outside.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2016, 10:59:01 AM »
Not sure who would be a worse President, Trump or Sanders. Sanders probably worse in theory, as he'd be lucky to get even a fraction of the free stuff he wants for the masses. Trump would probably be worse in practice. It is still beyond me that anyone buys what he's saying, when his actions show a polar opposite. Heck, it's hilarious to ask Trump supporters to explain all the money Trump and his organizations give to Hillary Clinton's organizations. Some donations up around $100k. And of course, Hillary got a front row seat at the guy's wedding. Guy's been a huge supporter of Hillary for many, many years. Not just a one-off for some specific political purpose.

Who knows, if Trump wins, Hillary probably will get her old job back.  :lol:
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »
You know, its not too late for you to surrender.  
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »
Then Hillary wins.

Could Cruz be the only man who can keep the Party together? I'm not overly-enamoured with that idea (despite my support for Cruz) but I think by the numbers he has a better chance of pulling this off.

(sorry for another Ace of Spades link)

http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=361840

Unless the alleged Smart Set stops agitating for the candidate they Love, Love, Love because he's a polished member of their Class and accepts a candidate who they can live with, who, it turns out, is a candidate the Trump Wing doesn't love but could live with as well, because he's more anti-Establishment than Trump and also, at this point, firmer on the immigration issue than Trump too.

That candidate is Ted Cruz, of course.

No one really likes him, but then, no one would bolt the party over him, either, which is exactly what will happen if the nominee is Trump, and also what would happen if the party angles for a brokered convention and then tries to foist Amnesty Mario on us, too.

Wars and all, annoying sermonizing and all, Ted Cruz is the Least Worst Option of all of our bad options.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.