Main Forums > Politics

''Existential Absurdity" is When a Person Claims a Given State of Affairs Like

<< < (2/17) > >>

dogmush:

--- Quote from: WLJ on January 31, 2023, 07:35:44 PM ---Sartre has his eye on you

--- End quote ---

That would require an afterlife, which I'm pretty sure would invalidate most of his writing, so I kinda hope he does.  Pretty chilly in Hel though.

WLJ:

--- Quote from: dogmush on January 31, 2023, 07:37:31 PM ---That would require an afterlife, which I'm pretty sure would invalidate most of his writing, so I kinda hope he does.  Pretty chilly in Hel though.

--- End quote ---

This will probably blow a certain person's mind but it looks like he had a change of heart at the end.

--- Quote ---According to Pierre Victor (a.k.a. Benny Levy), who spent much of his time with the dying Sartre and interviewed him on several of his views, Sartre had a drastic change of mind about the existence of god and started gravitating toward Messianic Judaism. This is Sartre's before-death profession, according to Pierre Victor: "I do not feel that I am the product of chance, a speck of dust in the universe, but someone who was expected, prepared, prefigured. In short, a being whom only a Creator could put here; and this idea of a creating hand refers to god."[90] Simone de Beauvoir later revealed her anger at his change of mind by stating, "How should one explain this senile act of a turncoat? All my friends, all the Sartreans, and the editorial team of Les Temps Modernes supported me in my consternation."
--- End quote ---

dogmush:
I'm told that's common when, at the edge of the dark, you notice the abyss looking back.

WLJ:
Besides the joke had more to do with his eyes. He's got that Marty Feldman thing going.

Bosco1:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on January 31, 2023, 06:56:37 PM ---This looks exactly like what you posted in the other thread that was locked.  You may have tightened up the language a bit; it's a little less unintelligible (that's good.)

What is your quest?  Are you here for a discussion, (which seems to have previously run its course), or are you hear to preach?  In either case, this topic seems exhausted already.

--- End quote ---
I am without excuse or justification for my being present! Here I am introducing a new phrase, i.e., "existential absurdity". I simply enjoy writing responces. It is actually an infinitely rich subject and nowhere near exhaustion; if people here can be kind and open-minded test subjects...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version