Author Topic: Adios, 2005!  (Read 1498 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Adios, 2005!
« on: December 23, 2005, 01:59:21 PM »
Preacherman's post about his furnace going, and then his toilet, got me to thinking about this year.

It sucked.

Medical problems, financial problems, job problems, car problems, legislative problems, house problems, marital problems, family problems...this has been the worst year I've ever had in my 55 years of life.

Apparently I'm not alone in having this be a bad year.

But, with some perserverence and what I have to believe is Divine Intervention, I'm seeing things turn for the better. Some new opportunities have been presented, and next year could turn out to be one of the best years I've had. (Fingers crossed).

So, for all who have had a tough time this year, here's a toast to 2006: to opportunity, to good health, to the love of and for family and friends, and to the determination to make our lives better.

Art Eatman

• friend
Adios, 2005!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 02:31:55 PM »
Well, I dunno.  So far, I've not missed one morning of waking up, my eyes opening, and I've still been breathing.

That's pretty much pure profit!

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Declaration Day

• friends
Adios, 2005!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:47:03 PM »
This year sucked for me, too.

My dad was severely injured in a motorcycle accident.

My wife was injured and couldn't work for 6 months.  Then she owed a bunch of money on her health insurance, so we were down to one income for most of the year.

On top of that I could only afford to buy two guns.

Strings

Adios, 2005!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 03:49:33 PM »
>Well, I dunno.  So far, I've not missed one morning of waking up, my eyes opening, and I've still been breathing.<

but Art... that just shows on the debit side for the rest of us! :neener:

Dick, this is WHY I have such a flippant attitude: if you laugh at the problems, they don't seem as bad. That, and then people don't expect it when you decide to bump them off to make your life easier...

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Adios, 2005!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 06:53:52 PM »
"That, and then people don't expect it when you decide to bump them off to make your life easier..."

Hunter, even when I did some small-time work for small-time members of the Balistrieri family back in the 1970's, I never "bumped" anybody off.

The hardest part about going through bad times is, at least to me, seeing a new opportunity and having the will to chase it. Losing the will means losing the fight.

For the past month, I've been working through channels at a gun magazine publisher to run ads on my site. It's been a delicate interchange, but I now have two out of the three decision-makers on my side. And they're working on the third guy to agree to my proposal.

If they all agree, my financial problems disappear. What's more, that leaves me open to pursue other opportunities that have almost fallen into my lap.

Ideas are a dime a dozen. Implementing them, and figuring out the ways and means, are the most difficult tasks.

One way or another, 2006 is going to be a good year.

grampster

• friend
Adios, 2005!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 06:57:28 PM »
Hell, I had cancer this year.  I don't anymore.  
I'm with Art.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

SpookyPistolero

• friend
Adios, 2005!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 05:05:09 AM »
Yup, some bad, bad painful things of all sorts went down this year. Hard to count them all. But it taught me, more than other things in the past have, to laugh like a crazy bastard at most everything. I can see how the good and the bad aren't much different from each other, because at least I'm alive to know the difference.

I think most importantly I'm learning to live in the moment instead of in the past or in tomorrow. Helps dramatically.

"Keep breathing, that's the key! Breathe!"
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Adios, 2005!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 05:07:57 AM »
laugh like a crazy bastard at most everything.
Sounds like a great Sig line to me...

Wink
Avoid cliches like the plague!